Lockout!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
I don't despise him - he has his flashes of brilliance. But most of the time, he's nothing but a pretty face. :wink:

When he is on the top of his game he's one of the best goalies in the league. Not many teams can attest to having a netminder of his calibre, even if he does have a few minor inconsistencies and a sketchy family.

Not that I pay attention to goalies or anything.

:sexywink:

Last edited:
Hey Beth, I found one of those gorgeous jersey's you wanted....how sexy would this look on ya?

NHL-LADYJER-001.jpg

Go Leafs Go!

That would look incredibly hot on me!! :drool:

I am so torn. The part of me that was proudly the worst right winger to ever take the ice says, how sexist! A female hockey jersey! Must women emphasize their feminity even when rooting for their favorite team?

But then, I recall how my Skoula one is so huge, it could fit 2 of me in it, both of us wearing thick sweaters. It's an XL. It hangs to my knees. I wish it fit like that Toronto one. :wink:

AvsGirl41 said:
Anyone who's ever played in the most amatuer hockey scrimmage can tell you that hockey is indeed work. "Playing" is really a misleading term-- "performing" is more accurate.

Is being a professional athlete more fun than being a menial office worker? Sure. But it's not any easier. Is it essential work? No. But it is *hard* work. If it was easy, any loser on skates could make the pros.

Owners, on the other hand, do none of the work. They are making money off a product they "produce." But they do none of the work. Without the players, they've got nothing. No merchandising. No ticket sales. No revenue. Yeah, they pay the salaries. But they reap the majority of the benefits. Yes, a player might make 10 million dollars a year, plus bonuses. But how much does Stan Kronke make in a season? What has he done for the money? Has he been out there, getting hammered, suffering injuries, spending weeks away from home and family? No, he puts on a suit and signs the checks. I don't think Wal-Mart Stan has ever lost a spleen doing that.

Yes, financially, the team relies on the owner. Without his willingness to bring in players, they won't go far in the playoffs. But the owner relies just as heavily on the team. If they're not playing and playing well, he's got nothing. He provides the funding, they provide the work and create the product. That's how it works.

I just cannot buy they're not turning a profit and that life is really hard for the owners. Let me shed a tear for the billionares. If it sucks so much being a team owner, I'll gladly take the job, and they can come type memos and answer my phones.

Well seeing as I've been playing hockey for about 20 years now and did play 3 years of Junior A hockey in Saskatchewan I think I'm qualified to say that hockey is not work. I can't belive people are actually defending players as if they work as hard as the general public does. They don't! Their job is like a phys ed class.. Shit if I could quit my job(work) today and have some guy pay me millions to stay in shape and have a go at the Stanley Cup every year I'd do it in a heart beat. Yes o.k they "work" hard but don't mistake working hard for "working hard" they are two totally different things. I'm not letting the owners off scott free. yes they made this mess but like I said before it's a select few who have done so. Not the owners in Calgary, Buffalo, Edmonton, Pittsburgh etc... these owners have been forced into the position of having to fork out ludacris amonts of dough to stay somewhat competitive due to other owners(St. Louis, New York, Detroit, Dalla) opening the flood gate to endless sums of money. Also to say the owners have nothing without the players works both ways. the players have nothing without the owners. All I'm saying is that the players have lost touch with reality. They honestly feel they are being treated unfairly which is total bullshit. Even Jean Beliveau came out the other day supporting the OWNERS!!! I mean Beliveau was around when a players union was of vital importnace and now he supports the owners not the players. As for your last comment about you taking over the owners postion if they think it's so rough, then I'll take over the players position. So for starters I'm holding out on you untill you pay me $9 million a year over the next 3 years. Why you ask? Because I scored 32 goals last year and had 29 assists. Yep that's right, I had 61 points. Pay up.

DaveC said:
you lost a hell of a lot of credibility when you spelled it "ludacris". :|

I see. So my credibility is out the window cause I spelt it Ludacris instead of ludicris. Gimme a break. How many of us would havce any credibility left then if we lost all of it everytime we spelt somthing wrong. Posts like the one you just made are amoung the dumbest posts on the internet. Sorry. Though maybe you're right. My opinion does seem to lack merit now that I have a spelling error on my record. Unreal.

in case you didn't notice, it was sarcasm. you might want to get used to it if you're going to be spending any length of time around here.

oh, and by the way, it's "ludicrous". :wink:

DaveC said:
in case you didn't notice, it was sarcasm. you might want to get used to it if you're going to be spending any length of time around here.

oh, and by the way, it's "ludicrous". :wink:

Cheers. And my apologies. You posted it in such a dull(no offense) serious way. I was like what the hell? Ludacris is the rapper though:lol: Again my apologies.

Wow, how funny that this debate should degenerate into spelling, when it's really nothing but semantics anyway!

"working hard" and working hard, real work vs "work."

I'm not sure it's what you'd call ironic, but...it's pretty close! :wink:

AvsGirl41 said:
Wow, how funny that this debate should degenerate into spelling, when it's really nothing but semantics anyway!

"working hard" and working hard, real work vs "work."

I'm not sure it's what you'd call ironic, but...it's pretty close! :wink:

:lol: So true.

LES CANADIENS SONT LA!

Hallucination said:

Oh and GO HABS GO!!! If they ever play again.

:happy: :applaud: :applaud:

Hallucination, you're my kind of person! I'm longing for the day when I can again turn on RDS, see one of the boys in the ol' bleu blanc et rouge pop the puck into the net, and hear a resounding cry of ET LE BUT!

Last edited:
DaveC said:
Too bad the Leafs are gonna win one before the Habs ever get another one.

Well, they've been trying since 1967 with no results, so...

I doubt it. :wink: Toronto's cursed.

they almost did it last year , bad luck , they need to hire a new singer , bono perhaps , cause this rene encore ( or watever ) dude is f-awful

WinnieThePoo said:
they almost did it last year , bad luck , they need to hire a new singer , bono perhaps , cause this rene encore ( or watever ) dude is f-awful

:lol:

so THAT'S what happened. it was all rancourt's fault.

Last edited:
WinnieThePoo said:

Yes, he is rather terrible.

But not as terrible as that woman who sang for one of the Tampa Bay home games during the playoffs... My Lord, who was she, and why was she allowed anywhere near a microphone?

You guys can have Jake "I left my wife at the alter" Schroder.
He sings for the Avs every single game. I think his band kicked him out.

Back
Top Bottom