Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate having the heat on. i'd rather just put blankets on me. my parents used to keep it too warm in the house (and by comparison to stores, it wasn't warm at all) but with rising gas costs, the thermostat goes even lower come winter, so it's nice and chilly in our house :drool:

although sometimes i still crack the window, which pisses them off :uhoh:

I could not imagine living with a fan in summer Thank goodness and technology for air conditioning , one of the greatest things invented.

It's pretty Godawful in Northern Indiana, THANK YOU LAKE MICHIGAN HUMIDITY (But I still love you Lake, you're beautiful), but the A/C doesn't seem to want to work upstairs where my room is, so, oscillating fan it is :(.

I could not imagine living with a fan in summer Thank goodness and technology for air conditioning , one of the greatest things invented.

i've always lived with a fan but i wish sometimes i had the a/c option. for instance in the next 2 days when i have tons of physical activity to get ready to leave and it's mid-90s a fan will do very little good. if i could a/c it to 75 (not 65 like over a/c'd offices) i'd be much more efficient. and there are times when the fan hasn't been enough and i haven't slept well, even with a cold washcloth on my forehead and a fan or two on full blast.

i hate having the heat on. i'd rather just put blankets on me. my parents used to keep it too warm in the house (and by comparison to stores, it wasn't warm at all) but with rising gas costs, the thermostat goes even lower come winter, so it's nice and chilly in our house :drool:

I agree, some people (I'm looking at you Uncle James and Mom) put the heat up way too high. But, if it's not too high, I see nothing wrong with it, what other option is there? Space heater?

rising fuel costs should make americans better, yes.

at school it was overheated and i had to crack a window. fresh air is good. but ian, in the heat, fresh air can be oppressive. which is why window a/c is good, fresh but filtered and cooled.

Oh my god.

I was at the airport for so long today.

The first plane i photographed landing was a Pacific Blue 737, ZK-PBG. The last plane i photographed was the same plane landing again. That means it had flown in somewhere and then flew to Wellington and back again!

Fook me

Seems more like everyone's knickers are in knots there. Can barely stand to look at it, I'm on neither side.

It's been my PMT outlet :giggle:....I'm laughing my arse off through it all :lol:....I need to avoid it now before I begin to take it seriously....:uhoh:

I can't believe we're still on this thread though....:tsk:

And where the fuck was everyone for my 10K???? Only 2 of you bothered to make an appearance....:tsk:

:giggle:

Here's one photo i took today:

IMG_1802.jpg

I just realised there's two planes in this photo.

we have a/c as a unit we put into the living room in the summer, and when i'ts really bad, my asthmatic mother and sister sleep in there. we have radiator heating but our house is also 200+ years old. i don't really see your gripe with the systems in general - americans do overheat and over-a/c their homes and offices in comparison to the rest of the world, and i hated that in my office last summer i needed a shawl or sweater cause of the chill. but the world's population is big and people need to spread out and live in places with extreme climates, and those systems make us more comfortable, healthy and efficient when used in moderation. so like i said, yes, americans overuse those systems, but seriously, this is another example of you having your panties in a wad about the us/things other people do that you look down upon.

Their asthma flares up during the summer? For me, it's the other way around: while I lived in hot Queensland, I had no asthma worries (eczema was another thing entirely), but the colder weather in Melbourne and New Zealand winters can set off my asthma. 95% of the time, though, it's simply a matter of dressing appropriately or turning on my little oil heater. Of the remaining 5% of the time, 4.999% of that is resolved with a puff of my inhaler (the 0.001% is when I ended up in hospital a few years back). I know if my asthma were more severe, then I might have to consider some more substantial heating in the winter months.

And let's be honest, most people living in extreme climates DON'T have access to this technology. They're fucking lucky if they've got a fan. And yet these millions upon millions across the globe have been able to stand the summer heat for millennia. Then along come Americans who seem to think air conditioning is a standard feature of any modern household and waste resources like the Rapture's going to happen tomorrow and it doesn't matter if our non-renewable sources of electricity are rapidly depleted due to ten thousand Bobs in Bumfuck, USA being unable to hack 35C. I am disappointed that Australia is beginning to jump on this wasteful bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom