Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it was just slow for a while and I had to restart it. Meh.

I'm tired and exhausted from school. Can't fucking wait till it's over (8 school days left).

I'm counting down until the end of this semester myself. One essay due on the 10th, two more on the 20th, then an exam on the 23rd and that's it. God, 24/06 will be a fantastic day.

Home, and took some of the best photos i think i've taken.

I've also concluded i have no idea what i'm meant to say in my essay that's due tomorrow, so i'll just write some piece of crap that'll do just enough to reach 50% and thus i'll pass the paper.

Home, and took some of the best photos i think i've taken.

I've also concluded i have no idea what i'm meant to say in my essay that's due tomorrow, so i'll just write some piece of crap that'll do just enough to reach 50% and thus i'll pass the paper.

Awesome. :up:

At the moment, I'm just hoping that my solid knowledge of how to correctly structure an essay will push me over the line into H1 territory even if the content is terrible. One of my tutors told me that only about 10-20% of the essays he marks even state that "this essay will argue that ..." and clearly signpost how the argument will be sustained ("firstly ..., secondly ..., and thirdly ..."), and since it's marked on a bell curve, anybody who does that is highly likely to do well. So as long as my structure's there, I'm hoping I'll get through alright.

At the moment, I'm just hoping that my solid knowledge of how to correctly structure an essay will push me over the line into H1 territory even if the content is terrible. One of my tutors told me that only about 10-20% of the essays he marks even state that "this essay will argue that ..." and clearly signpost how the argument will be sustained ("firstly ..., secondly ..., and thirdly ..."), and since it's marked on a bell curve, anybody who does that is highly likely to do well. So as long as my structure's there, I'm hoping I'll get through alright.

That's exactly what i normally do, but this essay isn't answering a bloody question, and thus i have no argument to structure.

Discuss contemporary Radio in New Zealand.

Thank you very fucking much. I'll just hit them with somewhat of a timeline, some facts, how it is now and if i think it's good before a quick look as to how radio in NZ may do in the future and hand it in.

Here's one photo i took today:

IMG_1802.jpg

That's exactly what i normally do, but this essay isn't answering a bloody question, and thus i have no argument to structure.

Discuss contemporary Radio in New Zealand.

Thank you very fucking much. I'll just hit them with somewhat of a timeline, some facts, how it is now and if i think it's good before a quick look as to how radio in NZ may do in the future and hand it in.

Wow, that's a dreadful topic. You don't even get a choice of topics? For something like that, though, I'd just try to come up with some bollocksy argument like "this essay will argue that contemporary radio in New Zealand is the dying remnant of a medium long since replaced by television".

Here's one photo i took today:

IMG_1802.jpg

Cool. :up:

Very nearly got a photo of a plane yesterday while I was out photographing the XPT arriving in Melbourne. Unfortunately, I'd already put my camera away, so by the time I got it out, I was too late. Fellow Albino Railfan got it, though.

Oh yeah, and from last week ...

s640x480

Wow, that's a dreadful topic. You don't even get a choice of topics? For something like that, though, I'd just try to come up with some bollocksy argument like "this essay will argue that contemporary radio in New Zealand is the dying remnant of a medium long since replaced by television".

I would try that, but none of the facts back that up, listenership is up, ad revenues have never been higher.

Of course, i'm not going to let facts get in the way of what i'm going to write :hmm:

I would try that, but none of the facts back that up, listenership is up, ad revenues have never been higher.

Of course, i'm not going to let facts get in the way of what i'm going to write :hmm:

Yeah, since when did journalism give a damn about the facts? :wink:

Though depending on how in a bind I am with an assignment, I'll just line up facts from my sources and figure out some argument that ties them together, regardless of how much I actually agree with it.

Got some more lying around of the Telstra Dome, Rod Laver Arena, and Vodafone Arena that I'll have to upload some day. I imagine that when I go to photograph route 19 trams on Royal Parade one day, I'll get some pictures of Princes Park. And when I'm in Royal Park, I've been taking photos of geology stuff that's up Ali's alley. Bizarro World is here. :laugh:

well on their own they may look higher, but what if tv viewership and ad revenues have grown faster than radio? then you kinda have a case

well on their own they may look higher, but what if tv viewership and ad revenues have grown faster than radio? then you kinda have a case

Because i don't want to look real hard for information.

I'm actually thinking of comparing the rise in figures to the increase in population and seeing they relate. Probably not likely because radio went up 15% in two years.

Putting stuff off until September....i wish i could do that

well i'll be gone all summer with no way to upload photos conveniently. i mean i could do it easily now, just plug in my camera and imageshack it. but in september i'm hoping to organize myself enough to do a picassa thing finally. that is assuming my computer makes it to switzerland :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom