Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :)

Was it the one with the wagon? It's still on my page, along with a few other new ones.

This new one's probably the most technically sound video I've made. May not be saying much, but progress is progress. Gonna try and make a real short film some time this summer.

Thanks. :)

Was it the one with the wagon? It's still on my page, along with a few other new ones.

This new one's probably the most technically sound video I've made. May not be saying much, but progress is progress. Gonna try and make a real short film some time this summer.

i don't think it was a wagon. people were being interviewed about a cat or something? shit i can't remember...funny as hell though.

The actual video presentation. The experimental one. Awesome. Also, talking about the "manpower" of getting eggs out of animals.

Our video is currently nearing the end of filming. It's quite funny. I play two characters: Willy Loman (based off the Dustin Hoffman version), and Sen. Joseph McCarthy. Only it's nothing like McCarthy, it's actually a detective character, purely just in name McCarthy. I originally tried to base it off Horatio Caine, but that got nixed relatively quickly. I did a few lines to lead into our intro (which is a rip-off of CSI: Miami), but our main director and editor prefers the really immature one I filmed and is using that instead.

I look just like Horatio the whole time I'm in that character, though.

You ever get a huge chunk of time to watch my video from last year?

You'll do great. You are a smart, funny guy but most importantly people listen to what you have to say. I'm sure every thing will go on just fine. :up:

Thank you, Screwy. :)

I'm very optimistic about it. It's basically a taste in what I really want to do, just a bit daunting since it's my first real experience doing it, you know?

The actual video presentation. The experimental one. Awesome. Also, talking about the "manpower" of getting eggs out of animals.

Our video is currently nearing the end of filming. It's quite funny. I play two characters: Willy Loman (based off the Dustin Hoffman version), and Sen. Joseph McCarthy. Only it's nothing like McCarthy, it's actually a detective character, purely just in name McCarthy. I originally tried to base it off Horatio Caine, but that got nixed relatively quickly. I did a few lines to lead into our intro (which is a rip-off of CSI: Miami), but our main director and editor prefers the really immature one I filmed and is using that instead.

I look just like Horatio the whole time I'm in that character, though.

You ever get a huge chunk of time to watch my video from last year?

Those are probably my favorite parts as well. There are about 8-10 takes of that scene between me, the other guy, and Cody with Cody telling us the most random ideas ever. That's a whole video in and of itself.

Horatio-blocking is nearly as egregious as cockblocking in my book.

Naw, I totally forgot to watch it. I've got time now, running diary?

Thank you, Screwy. :)

I'm very optimistic about it. It's basically a taste in what I really want to do, just a bit daunting since it's my first real experience doing it, you know?

Yeah, I understand. You seem to get along with everyone so like I said it should go smoothly.

By the way, I'm sorry for calling you YLB. I never keep up with nicknames and who can call who what. I didn't know it so sorry.

Yeah, I understand. You seem to get along with everyone so like I said it should go smoothly.

By the way, I'm sorry for calling you YLB. I never keep up with nicknames and who can call who what. I didn't know it so sorry.

Ah, it's cool. I was giving you crap because you haven't called me that before. No worries, man.

Those are probably my favorite parts as well. There are about 8-10 takes of that scene between me, the other guy, and Cody with Cody telling us the most random ideas ever. That's a whole video in and of itself.

Horatio-blocking is nearly as egregious as cockblocking in my book.

Naw, I totally forgot to watch it. I've got time now, running diary?

Our movie this year is more random in some ways. As part of the assignment, we have to advertise it with a poster that we hang up in school. Ours is simply a picture of me getting hit in the face with a beach ball and the title of our movie. Neither of which has anything to do with the movie.

I was pissed about it. The honest truth is I never came up with the perfect Horatio take-off that would have overrun the end result.

If you really want to. My acting is not very good, but two of the guys in our group really do well. I was more into the scriptwriting last year than seriously acting in it.

Speaking of Horatio, I surfed the recent CSI: Miami episodes on On Demand for one-liners and enjoyed this one:

[Some successful business guy has been killed.]
FRANK: Really something when the guy who died lived out the American dream, huh?
HORATIO: When that dream ... becomes a nightmare.

Our movie this year is more random in some ways. As part of the assignment, we have to advertise it with a poster that we hang up in school. Ours is simply a picture of me getting hit in the face with a beach ball and the title of our movie. Neither of which has anything to do with the movie.

I was pissed about it. The honest truth is I never came up with the perfect Horatio take-off that would have overrun the end result.

If you really want to. My acting is not very good, but two of the guys in our group really do well. I was more into the scriptwriting last year than seriously acting in it.

Like I'm gonna care about acting ability? I probably deleted the PM you sent before, so you may have to resend.

I'd like to focus more on writing actual scripts. Usually we outline scenes/situations and adlib dialogue from there after a few takes, kind of like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I sustained an injury in shooting for the first time this year. Today, while filming a scene in which my character gets the shit beat out of him, we filmed a few takes. In one of them, he walked up and for no reason whatsoever pulled out a stick and swung it at me, which I tried to catch in my hand, slicing my palm. Quite a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom