Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Bono,

You know your credibility? How you tossed it away a long time ago? It's never coming back now, you idiot.

Also, lulz at people on EYKIW thinking EU = United States of Europe. Some people just don't get supranationalism, do they?

To be fair, did he actually have any cred to begin with?

You know, he still begins his talks with politicians with something like "It's okay I'm Irish I know about this!". I mean it's actually a lie because his surname suggests that in fact he is descended from the Norse.

The main problem with the idea is that tribal tensions will never go away what can change is respect for human life. That is the first step towards gender relations, genocides, disease and so on. You can't change tribal tensions but you can get them to value the right for those in the tribe and in other tribes to live.

i've brushed my teeth and i really am going to bed now but i can't let this slide. screwtape you are basically saying that all those heathen africans don't value human life and are inferior and we the white people should go save them. that is not ok. and you clearly have never taken any african history or politics or economics, and studied the issue academically or professionally, and your ignorance shows as well as your general tendency to patronize. i know you are struggling with lots of issues so this is harsh, but your comment is extremely problematic.

:wave:

To be fair, did he actually have any cred to begin with?

You know, he still begins his talks with politicians with something like "It's okay I'm Irish I know about this!". I mean it's actually a lie because his surname suggests that in fact he is descended from the Norse.

Well, at least when he did his RAH SBS rant, he was just some passionate guy who called out things that were shit. He wasn't mouthing off about a United States of Africa one-size-fits-all solution because he has such a fetish for everything American.

:laugh: I just love when he makes statements about how something with next-to-no connection to Ireland is very "Irish". Like Moroccan music ...

i've brushed my teeth and i really am going to bed now but i can't let this slide. screwtape you are basically saying that all those heathen africans don't value human life and are inferior and we the white people should go save them. that is not ok. and you clearly have never taken any african history or politics or economics, and studied the issue academically or professionally, and your ignorance shows as well as your general tendency to patronize. i know you are struggling with lots of issues so this is harsh, but your comment is extremely problematic.

I did not say that. You always twist my words around. What I am saying is that the whole tribe needs to know the value of human life. Every single person has to know that is wrong to kill, that others should be saved and so on. Most people know that but they need to act with that in mind. If they all acted in this way mothers and their children would get the mosquito nets not the husband, they wouldn't have mad men ruling their countries which prevents aid and help to get to the people and most of all they wouldn't rely so much on other countries. Plus they wouldn't have nutjobs like Bono parading around.

Well, at least when he did his RAH SBS rant, he was just some passionate guy who called out things that were shit. He wasn't mouthing off about a United States of Africa one-size-fits-all solution because he has such a fetish for everything American.

:laugh: I just love when he makes statements about how something with next-to-no connection to Ireland is very "Irish". Like Moroccan music ...

I didn't have a problem with the rants he did in the 80's, I liked his passion and realism. I would say a lot of people thought they were sort of amusing at the same time, though - and I don't think he's ever picked up on that.

Oh god, yeah. Well, there could be some connection, since genetically a lot of people in the British Isles, particularly the south of Ireland and the Isle of Man I think are related to Iberians that went there maybe two and a half thousand years ago. The Iberians and Moors had very different cultures, though they may have shared some musical instruments. But the Moors had very dark brown skin, even in ancient times (the Spaniards may have been too) and that doesn't completely reflect everyone in the Isles. Anyway, Bono would make a comparison between the Irish and the Iroquois so I don't think there's much thought over it.

More about that here: http://racialreality.110mb.com/britons.html

I didn't have a problem with the rants he did in the 80's, I liked his passion and realism. I would say a lot of people thought they were sort of amusing at the same time, though - and I don't think he's ever picked up on that.

Oh god, yeah. Well, there could be some connection, since genetically a lot of people in the British Isles, particularly the south of Ireland and the Isle of Man I think are related to Iberians that went there maybe two and a half thousand years ago. The Iberians and Moors had very different cultures, though they may have shared some musical instruments. But the Moors had very dark brown skin, even in ancient times (the Spaniards may have been too) and that doesn't completely reflect everyone in the Isles. Anyway, Bono would make a comparison between the Irish and the Iroquois so I don't think there's much thought over it.

More about that here: Racial Reality - Britons

Yeah, I like his eighties rants. He took a firm stand, but never went silly with it. I can see why some people thought he was overly serious or preachy, but I like the whole political angle of eighties U2. Nowadays, he's gone so far from that, though, and it's tiresome.

Oh yeah, I remember reading some of that at the time he actually made the quote. Interesting stuff, but it's safe to say Bono probably hasn't ever encountered it and was just mouthing off to make some soundbyte, since that's all he talks in now.

I want to add that you are the one who patronizes people. You always talk down to people. Just read this last post. You are quick to jump on everyone especially me without listening to what they have to say. You try to get into an argument at every turn. You always snap at me every chance you get. Just listen to yourself for once and might see you are the one who has true ignorance to other people and the world. :down:

:hug: Aww Ax, that sucks.

It's just far too EYKIW in here tonight....not what I'm in the mood for.

I've got to write the most mindless essay on the UN Genocide Conventions. It's both frustrating because it serves no real academic purpose except getting a mark, and depressing because ... well, GENOCIDE.

Compared to that, and to the dullness of three hours of note-taking on obscure Melbourne socio-economic history that I did earlier today, the thread right now is a veritable lighthearted lulzfest to me! :laugh:

I've got to write the most mindless essay on the UN Genocide Conventions. It's both frustrating because it serves no real academic purpose except getting a mark, and depressing because ... well, GENOCIDE.

Compared to that, and to the dullness of three hours of note-taking on obscure Melbourne socio-economic history that I did earlier today, the thread right now is a veritable lighthearted lulzfest to me! :laugh:

:yikes: You must be in a bad way then! :lol:

Yeah. Once I'm done with this markets exhibition, I don't plan on setting foot inside a market for a long fucking time! Fuck markets.

:lol: You need the therapy of a good old train ride :yes: With an extra long tunnel or two.....

So where is everyone???

gluey*, The Sad Punk+, DreamOutLoud13+, Axver+, bono_212, Varitek+, bono_man2002 are all in here somewhere :shifty:

:lol: You need the therapy of a good old train ride :yes: With an extra long tunnel or two.....

:laugh:

I just about jumped on a W class tram today for a bit of a relax, but I needed to come home. At least I'll be getting drunk tomorrow night, and photographing a heritage train on Saturday morning.

And I got my tickets today for a steam trip from Melbourne to Albury next weekend. That's going to rule. :drool:

I was just explaining to my brother what a 'premiership window' is in the AFL (and other sports). I made a diagram and this is how it turned out.

anexplainationofthepremur9.gif

He did not leave any wiser.

I was just explaining to my brother what a 'premiership window' is in the AFL (and other sports). I made a diagram and this is how it turned out.

:yikes: I can't blame him :lmao: It looks like a dodgy building with dodgy windows :giggle:

It's an insightful masterpiece, Bonnie. :lmao:

Also, can I point something out?

I am sick of people going "OMG! Bono said *insert any stupid Bonoquote here*!!!!!"

People, Bono says a lot of things. The trick is to stop listening to him.

Yes, he's adorable and talented, but he says a lot of things that don't make any sense.

Also, can I point something out?

I am sick of people going "OMG! Bono said *insert any stupid Bonoquote here*!!!!!"

People, Bono says a lot of things. The trick is to stop listening to him.

Yes, he's adorable and talented, but he says a lot of things that don't make any sense.

But Chass, Bono said GET OUT YOUR CELLPHONES LIKE THE MILKY WAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom