Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ax i have bought my tick, and dannys , he better come! ali and i are talking about meeting up at crown/ spencer st prior and tramming up together

Righto. You're training it in from Geelong then, I take it? I'll probably meet you guys at the Imax, since I'll be coming from the north and going via Spencer Street or Crown would require considerable backtracking.

If you guys tram it up, catch the 96 outside Spencer Street along Bourke. It'll take you to the Nicholson St side of the Imax (the opposite side to the Rathdowne side where we've met in the past).

Alternatively, if I have time up my sleeve, I may just come into Spencer Street anyway to railfan it up.

We've gotta organise an Australian U2 Show Meet or something, so I can tag along......

Yeah, we've spoken about doing that before. It'd be a good idea. What day of the week is best with you for a meet-up?

Righto. You're training it in from Geelong then, I take it? I'll probably meet you guys at the Imax, since I'll be coming from the north and going via Spencer Street or Crown would require considerable backtracking.

If you guys tram it up, catch the 96 outside Spencer Street along Bourke. It'll take you to the Nicholson St side of the Imax (the opposite side to the Rathdowne side where we've met in the past).

Alternatively, if I have time up my sleeve, I may just come into Spencer Street anyway to railfan it up.

thanks for the info mate ! i have no idea when it comes to trams, what about getting back to the station later? are they regular trams on a sat nite?

Friday Nights are good. How about June 27th, at the Clifton Hill Hotel @ 9:30?

Bonnie's here that night! Not sure what her plans are, though ... we're definitely going to some Greek restaurant on Lygon Street that the Maj. knows one evening.

Bonnie's here that night! Not sure what her plans are, though ... we're definitely going to some Greek restaurant on Lygon Street that the Maj. knows one evening.

I'll probably skip dinner. (meaning, I won't get into the city till 8-8:30) But meet up with you guys at some point. We'll organize it next week or something?

I've gotta fly. see you folks later :wave:

thanks for the info mate ! i have no idea when it comes to trams, what about getting back to the station later? are they regular trams on a sat nite?

Yes, the trams run late on a Saturday night - last one on most routes will depart the originating terminus just after 1am, and the route 96 is one of the most heavily trafficked in the city. As long as you aim to be back at Spencer Street by the last Geelong train (which I think is 1am, right?), there will be trams running.

I'll probably skip dinner. (meaning, I won't get into the city till 8-8:30) But meet up with you guys at some point. We'll organize it next week or something?

I've gotta fly. see you folks later :wave:

Yeah, we'll get the plans hammered out fairly soon. I figure this is one of those cases where it would be a really good idea to plan ahead.

Have a good one! :wave:

Hey, Ax :wave:

Today is going to be looooooong. Had training all day yesterday and came back to a huge pile of work. Add staying up way past my bedtime last night to watch the Wings win the Stanley Cup and, well... :crack: :lol:

Oh fuuun. I've a mountain of university bullshit to climb, and frankly I can't wait to drown my stress in booze and pizza and good company tomorrow night.

I hate everyone who saw U2 in Auckland on ZooTV. Not just because they got Dirty Day live, but because 3Ds opened. I still can't believe a Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun band actually supported U2 once. But fuck, that must have ruled.

Yes, I'm rocking out to 3Ds right now. Summer Stone and Man On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown are fucking awesome songs. :drool:

/random

Oh fuuun. I've a mountain of university bullshit to climb, and frankly I can't wait to drown my stress in booze and pizza and good company tomorrow night.

You just reminded me that I have a ton of work to get around to schoowise this weekend... 3 weeks is going to feel like 3 years!

Yay for the Wings.

I didn't watch one minute of the Stanley Cup finals. :reject:

:shame: :wink:

It was a hell of a lot more exciting than any old baseball game. :drool:

I hate everyone who saw U2 in Auckland on ZooTV. Not just because they got Dirty Day live, but because 3Ds opened. I still can't believe a Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun band actually supported U2 once. But fuck, that must have ruled.

Yes, I'm rocking out to 3Ds right now. Summer Stone and Man On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown are fucking awesome songs. :drool:

/random

If I were an artist, I would try to expose each country to a local sound that they might not all know. I mean why try to force Kayne or Kings Of Leon down American's throats. Would you do the same?

You just reminded me that I have a ton of work to get around to schoowise this weekend... 3 weeks is going to feel like 3 years!

Personally, I'm afraid the next 3 weeks are going to feel like 3 days! Days seem to just be shooting by and deadlines looming all too close for my liking without nearly enough work done.

Can't wait for it to be 24 June and everything behind me, at least until the next semester starts at the end of July.

If I were an artist, I would try to expose each country to a local sound that they might not all know. I mean why try to force Kayne or Kings Of Leon down American's throats. Would you do the same?

Yeah, a lot of us down here were rather disappointed U2 brought Kanye to Australia and New Zealand rather than getting a local band as support like they've done in the past. I think there is some merit in bringing down an artist who may not be able to sustain a tour on their own, to get some exposure (e.g. Porcupine Tree bringing Pure Reason Revolution would have owned), but as far as a band like U2 goes, the support slot would be very lucrative for kicking some local band's career onto another level by bringing them to the attention of a much larger audience.

I would die and go to heaven if Porcupine Tree opened for U2 on the next tour near me. But I reckon PT are too big now to open for U2.

I would die and go to heaven if Porcupine Tree opened for U2 on the next tour near me. But I reckon PT are too big now to open for U2.

Considering Porcupine Tree would probably show U2 up, I think U2 better open for PT. :wink:

But yeah, I don't see PT in a terrible hurry to support anyone. They're still only playing theatres, but doing a nice job selling tickets. I think they're probably at Steven Wilson's ideal level of popularity right now. He can make a career as a musician and the band can successfully tour around the globe, but he can still live a normal life when he's not on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom