Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #841
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
My computer is shit.
It's descending further into the Stone Age?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #842
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Nah, it was just slow for a while and I had to restart it. Meh.

I'm tired and exhausted from school. Can't fucking wait till it's over (8 school days left).

Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #843
Vocal parasite

I'm counting down until the end of this semester myself. One essay due on the 10th, two more on the 20th, then an exam on the 23rd and that's it. God, 24/06 will be a fantastic day.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #844
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:16 PM
Home, and took some of the best photos i think i've taken.

I've also concluded i have no idea what i'm meant to say in my essay that's due tomorrow, so i'll just write some piece of crap that'll do just enough to reach 50% and thus i'll pass the paper.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #845
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Home, and took some of the best photos i think i've taken.

I've also concluded i have no idea what i'm meant to say in my essay that's due tomorrow, so i'll just write some piece of crap that'll do just enough to reach 50% and thus i'll pass the paper.
Awesome.

At the moment, I'm just hoping that my solid knowledge of how to correctly structure an essay will push me over the line into H1 territory even if the content is terrible. One of my tutors told me that only about 10-20% of the essays he marks even state that "this essay will argue that ..." and clearly signpost how the argument will be sustained ("firstly ..., secondly ..., and thirdly ..."), and since it's marked on a bell curve, anybody who does that is highly likely to do well. So as long as my structure's there, I'm hoping I'll get through alright.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #846
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
At the moment, I'm just hoping that my solid knowledge of how to correctly structure an essay will push me over the line into H1 territory even if the content is terrible. One of my tutors told me that only about 10-20% of the essays he marks even state that "this essay will argue that ..." and clearly signpost how the argument will be sustained ("firstly ..., secondly ..., and thirdly ..."), and since it's marked on a bell curve, anybody who does that is highly likely to do well. So as long as my structure's there, I'm hoping I'll get through alright.
That's exactly what i normally do, but this essay isn't answering a bloody question, and thus i have no argument to structure.

Discuss contemporary Radio in New Zealand.

Thank you very fucking much. I'll just hit them with somewhat of a timeline, some facts, how it is now and if i think it's good before a quick look as to how radio in NZ may do in the future and hand it in.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #847
Blue Crack Supplier

Here's one photo i took today:

Old 06-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #848
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That's exactly what i normally do, but this essay isn't answering a bloody question, and thus i have no argument to structure.

Discuss contemporary Radio in New Zealand.

Thank you very fucking much. I'll just hit them with somewhat of a timeline, some facts, how it is now and if i think it's good before a quick look as to how radio in NZ may do in the future and hand it in.
Wow, that's a dreadful topic. You don't even get a choice of topics? For something like that, though, I'd just try to come up with some bollocksy argument like "this essay will argue that contemporary radio in New Zealand is the dying remnant of a medium long since replaced by television".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #849
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Here's one photo i took today:

Cool.

Very nearly got a photo of a plane yesterday while I was out photographing the XPT arriving in Melbourne. Unfortunately, I'd already put my camera away, so by the time I got it out, I was too late. Fellow Albino Railfan got it, though.

Oh yeah, and from last week ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #850
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wow, that's a dreadful topic. You don't even get a choice of topics? For something like that, though, I'd just try to come up with some bollocksy argument like "this essay will argue that contemporary radio in New Zealand is the dying remnant of a medium long since replaced by television".
I would try that, but none of the facts back that up, listenership is up, ad revenues have never been higher.

Of course, i'm not going to let facts get in the way of what i'm going to write
Old 06-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #851
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Cool.

Very nearly got a photo of a plane yesterday while I was out photographing the XPT arriving in Melbourne. Unfortunately, I'd already put my camera away, so by the time I got it out, I was too late. Fellow Albino Railfan got it, though.

Oh yeah, and from last week ...

Nice
Old 06-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #852
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I would try that, but none of the facts back that up, listenership is up, ad revenues have never been higher.

Of course, i'm not going to let facts get in the way of what i'm going to write
Yeah, since when did journalism give a damn about the facts?

Though depending on how in a bind I am with an assignment, I'll just line up facts from my sources and figure out some argument that ties them together, regardless of how much I actually agree with it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #853
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Nice
Got some more lying around of the Telstra Dome, Rod Laver Arena, and Vodafone Arena that I'll have to upload some day. I imagine that when I go to photograph route 19 trams on Royal Parade one day, I'll get some pictures of Princes Park. And when I'm in Royal Park, I've been taking photos of geology stuff that's up Ali's alley. Bizarro World is here.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #854
Blue Crack Addict

nice photos ian. do you do outside of stadiums or inside? cause i've got quite a few of fenway from this week.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #855
Blue Crack Addict

also ian, thought you'd get a kick out of this

Tags
superthread