Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #796
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - you should try something like that! I'd almost suggest we did one while I'm around, though that may not be the wisest of ideas!

As for absinthe - well, you don't have to go to a higher spirit immediately, perhaps you just need something different to vodka that's also around the 40% mark, if not in slightly higher quantities. Though serving absinthe correctly is of course part of the fun, you can drink it just fine with cold water and a drop of sugar shaken in. You could try shots too, but... well, you probably don't want to do that.
Must admit, it seems we have intentions to do plenty of things when you get here, but how much will actually get done! We need to hammer out some plans in the coming week; I think this is one of those times when having stuff determined nicely in advance would be really helpful. Plus it means we might be able to get U-Wen in on more stuff!

The whole "we need something with a higher alcoholic content" thing came from one of the guys who was a bit of an alcohol n00b, who was impressed by the alcoholic content of vodka and wondered what out there is stronger; that discussion evolved into "yeah, let's get something stronger next time!" I actually liked the straight vodka, and the others were impressed when I went back for more after my first little bit! Having proper glasses would've helped; it seemed a bit odd drinking vodka out of a wine glass.

Plus, I've got to admit, I'm quite curious about absinthe. It sounds interesting, especially the proper serving method.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #797
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Whoa, cool! I'm surprised they'd go with something like this, public transport isn't really one of the strongpoints here.

Would be nice if there was another tram going down south (possibly Noarlunga, Blackwood or Marion?) but that's still neat.
Apparently Family First managed to convince parliament to launch an inquiry into passenger rail and the possibility of reintroducing regional passenger trains. I've seen a lot of people criticise that though; they think it's sheer populist politics from Family First that ignores the real issues of getting more freight onto rail first, then reintroducing passenger services. Not being familiar with the details of SA's transport network, I don't have an opinion, but I see anything in favour of public transport to be a positive step. Looks like SA may have reached a turning point; just wish VIC would. Sure, we've got everything that's only now being started in SA, but Melbourne's a much bigger city and the same problem of transport inadequacy is present here and we need a project of similarly large scope to rectify decades-old problems.

I note there's also a plan to reserve land for a possible rail extension to Aldinga/Seaford; not being familiar with Adelaide geography, I've no idea where that is, so would something like that help out down south, or is it totally in another direction?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #798
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:08 PM
Sweet jesus, check out this quote from some guy at u2torrents.com:

(on Syracuse JT video)
"That's right! This is not recorded for Rattle and Hum. If you see the date, is it from 'The Joshua Tree Tour' in 1987. Rattle and Hum was recorded on 'Lovetown Tour' in 1989. So the conclussion is clear.. "

Fuck me, if you're going to go download bootlegs of a band, you'd reckon you'd have a basic idea of their history.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #799
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Sweet jesus, check out this quote from some guy at u2torrents.com:

(on Syracuse JT video)
"That's right! This is not recorded for Rattle and Hum. If you see the date, is it from 'The Joshua Tree Tour' in 1987. Rattle and Hum was recorded on 'Lovetown Tour' in 1989. So the conclussion is clear.. "

Fuck me, if you're going to go download bootlegs of a band, you'd reckon you'd have a basic idea of their history.

Oh, that's too funny.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #800
Vocal parasite

OK, I could really use some sleep. Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #801
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Must admit, it seems we have intentions to do plenty of things when you get here, but how much will actually get done! We need to hammer out some plans in the coming week; I think this is one of those times when having stuff determined nicely in advance would be really helpful. Plus it means we might be able to get U-Wen in on more stuff!

The whole "we need something with a higher alcoholic content" thing came from one of the guys who was a bit of an alcohol n00b, who was impressed by the alcoholic content of vodka and wondered what out there is stronger; that discussion evolved into "yeah, let's get something stronger next time!" I actually liked the straight vodka, and the others were impressed when I went back for more after my first little bit! Having proper glasses would've helped; it seemed a bit odd drinking vodka out of a wine glass.

Plus, I've got to admit, I'm quite curious about absinthe. It sounds interesting, especially the proper serving method.
Yeah, we should start getting some ideas in place. I wanted to meet up with another mate too, and I need to figure out what I'll be doing with him and when. I imagine it won't be much more than a quick stop at a pub or going to his place for a bit and ordering Indian takeaway. So yeah, I'll try to get his word first since he's working a fair bit these days.

Figures a newbie would say something like that! Like I said, you don't necessarily need to get something of a higher content. But absinthe will do you just fine if that's what you're really after. I would love to see that guy's face the first time he takes a sip of it (preferably straight). It feels like your throat's gone numb. The bottles can be pricey ($50+) so you might want to all pitch in for it. Don't worry, it tends to last!

As for proper glasses, don't worry about it. The way dishes are done at my place, I drink milk out of one of those proper Stella Artois glasses every day. I know at least one time I had to drink it out of a shotglass!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #802
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
OK, I could really use some sleep. Have a good one!
I think I'll do the same, this waiting is just bullshit. Night!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #803
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Apparently Family First managed to convince parliament to launch an inquiry into passenger rail and the possibility of reintroducing regional passenger trains. I've seen a lot of people criticise that though; they think it's sheer populist politics from Family First that ignores the real issues of getting more freight onto rail first, then reintroducing passenger services. Not being familiar with the details of SA's transport network, I don't have an opinion, but I see anything in favour of public transport to be a positive step. Looks like SA may have reached a turning point; just wish VIC would. Sure, we've got everything that's only now being started in SA, but Melbourne's a much bigger city and the same problem of transport inadequacy is present here and we need a project of similarly large scope to rectify decades-old problems.

I note there's also a plan to reserve land for a possible rail extension to Aldinga/Seaford; not being familiar with Adelaide geography, I've no idea where that is, so would something like that help out down south, or is it totally in another direction?
That sounds about right. I'm no expert on our transport network either, though - all I know is that buses are real smelly and it tends to be the worst possible person that sits next to you.

Seaford is way down south, so that sounds good to me.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #804
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 AM
the thread is halfway down the page...

i just had a really wack dream about buying houses vs apartments or something, not my own but someone else's, and putting my grandparents in wheelchairs.

and i can't believe my mom let me sleep til now, she said she was waking me up early
Old 06-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #805
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Funny dream, sleepyhead. Don't tell the grandparents

I dreamt I was helping Jennifer Aniston clean her house (I was wiping down the walls) cuz she was moving and David Schwimmer was moving in

Old 06-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #806
Blue Crack Addict

Popping in for a sec...

Damn, it sure got hot quick.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #807
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:38 AM
Old 06-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #808
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Nice day. Think i'll nerd it up at the airport for a bit.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #809
Blue Crack Distributor

Gah I just want to veg in my nice, cool apartment all night.

The garage sale was soooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow. And hot. Extremely hot.

I get to go meet a new crayon tonight...
Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #810
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:38 AM

Tags
superthread