Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

It was obviously on Auckland-Wellington-Auckland, and Pacific Blue do turn planes around rather quickly.

I only took 110 photos.

If required to turn around very quickly, a tram's turn-around capability is limited solely by how long it takes the driver to walk from the cab at one end to the cab at the other, and for all the passengers to disembark/board. In peak hour, that's basically what they do. Offpeak, I think they're given about six minutes at the terminus on my route. I've gone on photo treks alongside the line in Royal Park, which is about 15-20 minutes from the terminus, so if I hang around for an hour, I'm guaranteed to get the same trams I saw at the start coming back at the end. Don't think I've ever stayed long enough to get the same tram a third time, though.

The LaTrobe Street bridge is a bit of an extreme case for me, since almost every suburban line in the city, plus every single regional passenger train in the state passes under it, it has three frequent tram routes on it, one freight service also passes under it, and even if absolutely none of them are running, the bridge also cuts straight across the middle of stabling yards so I can photograph stuff parked there while I wait.

I don't do nearly as many photos in other locations. Yesterday, I photographed two trains on the Albion-Jacana line, for a result of about 15 photos.

Wow, so you've experienced it all, then. Well, except for a *real* winter. ;)

I love weather. :nerd:

:nerd: Try being married to a concrete layer....I live and breathe weather....I'm up at 5.30am six days a week looking up weather maps etc and working out for myself what's going to happen. We never listen to forecasts as 99.9% of the time they're wrong. It's really interesting following it....

:yikes: Oh god, I sound like Ian & Ax now don't I??? :reject:

:nerd: Try being married to a concrete layer....I live and breathe weather....I'm up at 5.30am six days a week looking up weather maps etc and working out for myself what's going to happen. We never listen to forecasts as 99.9% of the time they're wrong. It's really interesting following it....

Weather nerd.

Incidentally, it's more appropriate for aviation than trains

Sup guys.

So tonight I was in the pool by myself and it was a nice balmy evening with clear skies, and it was just gorgeous to float around on my back in the lukewarm water, with the pool lights on and the stars overhead.

And there was a beachball floating in the pool, so I was like "I'm gonna drift over there and kick it straight up into the air!" I was on my back, see. And so I got over there, and I kicked the ball, and it went up into the air... and came down and hit me in the face.

That is the kind of luck I have.

:lmao:

:lol: Sounds like you're a farmer's wife, or something.

If I were more hard-science oriented, I probably would have considered a career in meteorology. I always keep a webpage open for Environment Canada, the government weather service, and they're very accurate.

I think here, it's the variability that gets me more than anything. Till yesterday, we'd been having an coolish - average spring, around 20C. Then the very next day, it's 32C and feels like 40C with humidity factored in. It's nuts. If there was some sort of transition it would probably be more bearable, but we don't get nice transitions here. :|

Oh, I know what you mean there! Here in Melbourne this year, we had this really hot run of weather in late February and March that all of a sudden ended. The day the heat spell finished, it changed literally within half an hour, from 39C at 10:30am to 23C at 11am or something like that. The next week, we had these days at 19-20C that felt abso-fucking-lutely freezing purely because there was no adjustment time at all. Now, of course, I'm used to it, and one day last week that hit 18C drew complaints from me about it being "too bloody hot". :laugh:

Wow, so you've experienced it all, then. Well, except for a *real* winter. ;)

I love weather. :nerd:

I'd love some real winter. I'd move further south if it weren't for the fact that Melbourne is my favourite city in the world. But if I could pick up Melbourne and dump it down in Antarctica, that might be good.

And I enjoy following the weather data on the Bureau of Meteorology's site more than I should. :drool:

If required to turn around very quickly, a tram's turn-around capability is limited solely by how long it takes the driver to walk from the cab at one end to the cab at the other, and for all the passengers to disembark/board. In peak hour, that's basically what they do. Offpeak, I think they're given about six minutes at the terminus on my route. I've gone on photo treks alongside the line in Royal Park, which is about 15-20 minutes from the terminus, so if I hang around for an hour, I'm guaranteed to get the same trams I saw at the start coming back at the end. Don't think I've ever stayed long enough to get the same tram a third time, though.

The LaTrobe Street bridge is a bit of an extreme case for me, since almost every suburban line in the city, plus every single regional passenger train in the state passes under it, it has three frequent tram routes on it, one freight service also passes under it, and even if absolutely none of them are running, the bridge also cuts straight across the middle of stabling yards so I can photograph stuff parked there while I wait.

I don't do nearly as many photos in other locations. Yesterday, I photographed two trains on the Albion-Jacana line, for a result of about 15 photos.

I guess in Auckland you're pretty much limited to the international airlines because otherwise it's constant Air New Zealand/Link and Qantas Jetconnect planes.

Oh shit, we need a new thread!

Want me to rush one, or does one of you have something on the go?

:lol: Sounds like you're a farmer's wife, or something.

If I were more hard-science oriented, I probably would have considered a career in meteorology. I always keep a webpage open for Environment Canada, the government weather service, and they're very accurate.

:lol: I follow our Metservice page. I follow the fronts etc and radars and make up my own mind.....there's far too much science in it for me to make it a career, but it's fun nonetheless!! Our business even sponsors the weather for our local radio station!!

So you've got the two hour finale left, but you've seen the first part of it? Here, pt. 1 was an hour, and then two weeks later, pt. 2 was two hours long.

According to the TV guide we've got one hour of it left, so i think it must have been split into three parts because i think they've been saying it's the last one of the current season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom