Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like olives on pizza. I actually only started liking olives in Spain 1.5 years ago, now I do love them if they are high quality but those nasty black things they put on pizza, :barf:

I guess the thing about olives is that when they're bad they're terrible, but when they're good they're incredible.

Don't you guys have kalamata olives on your pizzas? They're used as commonly as black olives here.

Sorry to hear about all of you having eye troubles. Both of my parents wear glasses, and for the longest time I thought I had a detachment of the vitreous, but it turns out that because of the way my eyeballs are shaped, I have an overly-sensitive retina that causes eye flashes and other strange symptoms, because there's nothing physically wrong with me. It's very distracting sometimes, but my vision is still quite good.

Sorry to hear about all of you having eye troubles. Both of my parents wear glasses, and for the longest time I thought I had a detachment of the vitreous, but it turns out that because of the way my eyeballs are shaped, I have an overly-sensitive retina that causes eye flashes and other strange symptoms, because there's nothing physically wrong with me. It's very distracting sometimes, but my vision is still quite good.

That's pretty interesting - the way your eyeballs are shaped? I had never really thought about something like that, but I'm glad it's not too distracting.

I'm afraid to say that I have no problems with my vision.

yes, i correct to 20-20 or 20-15. But it is really quite terrifying to not have correction, I see almost nothing. It's why I wear contacts (glasses = no peripheral vision besides motion and light) and I don't take them off overnight if I'm in a potentially uncomfortable situation. I'm worse than my mom, too. I am possibly beyond laser correction on the right because it's toric (left, probably ok) but I'd still like to get it done so I need way less correction. But soooooo pricey.

I always make a point of getting decent-sized glasses so that I have some peripheral vision. It's a shame those gigantic eighties glasses have long since stopped being stylish, really. I hate the narrow ones that are popular at the moment, since I just look straight over or under the top and can't focus on a damn thing. The glasses do more to help my astigmatism than actually get me to 6/6. They can't do contacts for me.

And I think I've said before, I find the idea of laser correction surgery utterly terrifying.

I guess the thing about olives is that when they're bad they're terrible, but when they're good they're incredible.

Don't you guys have kalamata olives on your pizzas? They're used as commonly as black olives here.

just those awful little black things, even on pizzas at fairly upscale places.

I always make a point of getting decent-sized glasses so that I have some peripheral vision. It's a shame those gigantic eighties glasses have long since stopped being stylish, really. I hate the narrow ones that are popular at the moment, since I just look straight over or under the top and can't focus on a damn thing. The glasses do more to help my astigmatism than actually get me to 6/6. They can't do contacts for me.

And I think I've said before, I find the idea of laser correction surgery utterly terrifying.

yeah it is a shame, in some ways, but they truly do look worse on a face. i did order some cute frames that i might wear a little more than my old ones, but they still are a small field of vision. even big ones i still can't see.

astigmatism really blows. it's hwat makes my right eye so bad. when i read without correction, not only do i do it with the book practically up against my face, i do it with my right eye closed cause of the seeing double thing.

That's pretty interesting - the way your eyeballs are shaped? I had never really thought about something like that, but I'm glad it's not too distracting.

I'm afraid to say that I have no problems with my vision.

The eye is slightly larger; a common issue with nearsighted people. Because it's larger, the retina is stretched further and is therefore more sensitive to touch. This is the only explanation they could come up with because there weren't any tears or detachments, and it keeps consistent with the fact that my vision distance-wise is weaker than up close.

Still won't be needing glasses for a good while though, if all goes well.

that is weird.

my nearsightedness is so bad that basically my eyes are super wide, and my retina is really stretched, so they have to monitor me for whatever tears that could cause.

but i don't really consider them troubles regularly. i just wear contacts and i'm fine. it does get a little iffy when it comes to sleeping somewhere unfamiliar, that's when i feel slightly disabled or whatever.

btw i kinda love this

Varitek 35 Axver 17

i am so beasting this...ok not for long.

and i must admit i don't know which ones the kalamatas are. i like all the nice expensive gormet styles, especially ones with hot peppers inside!

Dear Bono,

You know your credibility? How you tossed it away a long time ago? It's never coming back now, you idiot.

Also, lulz at people on EYKIW thinking EU = United States of Europe. Some people just don't get supranationalism, do they?

It would affect his credibility if he had actually come up with the idea. I'm pretty sure he's just jumping on someone else's bandwagon.

Still a ridiculous idea though.

yeah it is a shame, in some ways, but they truly do look worse on a face. i did order some cute frames that i might wear a little more than my old ones, but they still are a small field of vision. even big ones i still can't see.

astigmatism really blows. it's hwat makes my right eye so bad. when i read without correction, not only do i do it with the book practically up against my face, i do it with my right eye closed cause of the seeing double thing.

Oh yeah, they look bloody terrible. But for a bad fashion trend, at least it had some use. Today's narrow glasses irk me because they don't help sight much at all; it's just trendy stupidity.

Without glasses, I pretty much have to forget reading. Even with my normal glasses on, I can't read without getting a headache. I have a special pair of bifocals, with the lower half for reading, or really anything within about a metre of me, and then the upper half so that I can see beyond a metre.

It would affect his credibility if he had actually come up with the idea. I'm pretty sure he's just jumping on someone else's bandwagon.

Still a ridiculous idea though.

I just hope this is one of those dumb Bono statement that goes under the radar. If he keeps trumpeting it or some media outlet decides to run the story prominently, that's it for Bono. Doesn't matter whether it's his idea or not. Simply associating him with it will be the final nail in the coffin.

My eye sight's not THAT bad, but It's bad. I can't see a thing without my glasses, and everytime I go to the doctor my prescription gets strong :sigh:

btw i kinda love this

Varitek 35 Axver 17

i am so beasting this...ok not for long.

and i must admit i don't know which ones the kalamatas are. i like all the nice expensive gormet styles, especially ones with hot peppers inside!

Kalamatas are Greek :)der:), and are sort of a dark violet in colour, very smooth. Don't know how to describe the taste. It can be pretty overpowering.

Kalamata-olives.jpg

I thought this was funny from the olives Wiki article:

"In some other parts of the world where it has been introduced, most notably South Australia, the Olive has become a major woody weed that displaces native vegetation."

And all this time I thought it was awesome that I had an olive tree in my backyard!

:lol:

I better not stay long, honestly. Got so much work to do in the next two weeks. Can't wait for the 24th of June, when everything will be DONE.

i wasn't proud of beating you specifically, just that i'm double the 2nd place poster.

and that is how i felt like 3-4 weeks ago.

ok :wave:

i wasn't proud of beating you specifically, just that i'm double the 2nd place poster.

and that is how i felt like 3-4 weeks ago.

ok :wave:

Wow, I'm second place? That's surprising. Since I'll probably disappear for all of this evening, that won't last long either.

I just hope this is one of those dumb Bono statement that goes under the radar. If he keeps trumpeting it or some media outlet decides to run the story prominently, that's it for Bono. Doesn't matter whether it's his idea or not. Simply associating him with it will be the final nail in the coffin.

The main problem with the idea is that tribal tensions will never go away what can change is respect for human life. That is the first step towards gender relations, genocides, disease and so on. You can't change tribal tensions but you can get them to value the right for those in the tribe and in other tribes to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom