Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #256
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:15 PM
*pokesthread*

Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #257
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
*pokesthread*
Evening, April.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #258
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey, Ax

Today is going to be looooooong. Had training all day yesterday and came back to a huge pile of work. Add staying up way past my bedtime last night to watch the Wings win the Stanley Cup and, well...
Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #259
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hey, Ax

Today is going to be looooooong. Had training all day yesterday and came back to a huge pile of work. Add staying up way past my bedtime last night to watch the Wings win the Stanley Cup and, well...
Oh fuuun. I've a mountain of university bullshit to climb, and frankly I can't wait to drown my stress in booze and pizza and good company tomorrow night.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hey, Ax

Yay for the Wings.

I didn't watch one minute of the Stanley Cup finals.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Fuck, I've got two meetings in a row coming up. I don't know how I'll survive.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #262
Vocal parasite

I hate everyone who saw U2 in Auckland on ZooTV. Not just because they got Dirty Day live, but because 3Ds opened. I still can't believe a Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun band actually supported U2 once. But fuck, that must have ruled.

Yes, I'm rocking out to 3Ds right now. Summer Stone and Man On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown are fucking awesome songs.

/random

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #263
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh fuuun. I've a mountain of university bullshit to climb, and frankly I can't wait to drown my stress in booze and pizza and good company tomorrow night.
You just reminded me that I have a ton of work to get around to schoowise this weekend... 3 weeks is going to feel like 3 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Yay for the Wings.

I didn't watch one minute of the Stanley Cup finals.

It was a hell of a lot more exciting than any old baseball game.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

so this is where the party's at...

Holla!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I hate everyone who saw U2 in Auckland on ZooTV. Not just because they got Dirty Day live, but because 3Ds opened. I still can't believe a Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun band actually supported U2 once. But fuck, that must have ruled.

Yes, I'm rocking out to 3Ds right now. Summer Stone and Man On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown are fucking awesome songs.

/random
If I were an artist, I would try to expose each country to a local sound that they might not all know. I mean why try to force Kayne or Kings Of Leon down American's throats. Would you do the same?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #266
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You just reminded me that I have a ton of work to get around to schoowise this weekend... 3 weeks is going to feel like 3 years!
Personally, I'm afraid the next 3 weeks are going to feel like 3 days! Days seem to just be shooting by and deadlines looming all too close for my liking without nearly enough work done.

Can't wait for it to be 24 June and everything behind me, at least until the next semester starts at the end of July.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #267
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
so this is where the party's at...

Holla!
Evening.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #268
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
If I were an artist, I would try to expose each country to a local sound that they might not all know. I mean why try to force Kayne or Kings Of Leon down American's throats. Would you do the same?
Yeah, a lot of us down here were rather disappointed U2 brought Kanye to Australia and New Zealand rather than getting a local band as support like they've done in the past. I think there is some merit in bringing down an artist who may not be able to sustain a tour on their own, to get some exposure (e.g. Porcupine Tree bringing Pure Reason Revolution would have owned), but as far as a band like U2 goes, the support slot would be very lucrative for kicking some local band's career onto another level by bringing them to the attention of a much larger audience.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:15 AM
I would die and go to heaven if Porcupine Tree opened for U2 on the next tour near me. But I reckon PT are too big now to open for U2.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #270
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
I would die and go to heaven if Porcupine Tree opened for U2 on the next tour near me. But I reckon PT are too big now to open for U2.
Considering Porcupine Tree would probably show U2 up, I think U2 better open for PT.

But yeah, I don't see PT in a terrible hurry to support anyone. They're still only playing theatres, but doing a nice job selling tickets. I think they're probably at Steven Wilson's ideal level of popularity right now. He can make a career as a musician and the band can successfully tour around the globe, but he can still live a normal life when he's not on stage.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread