Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #241
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 AM
ax i have bought my tick, and dannys , he better come! ali and i are talking about meeting up at crown/ spencer st prior and tramming up together

Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:58 AM
We've gotta organise an Australian U2 Show Meet or something, so I can tag along......

Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #243
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
ax i have bought my tick, and dannys , he better come! ali and i are talking about meeting up at crown/ spencer st prior and tramming up together
Righto. You're training it in from Geelong then, I take it? I'll probably meet you guys at the Imax, since I'll be coming from the north and going via Spencer Street or Crown would require considerable backtracking.

If you guys tram it up, catch the 96 outside Spencer Street along Bourke. It'll take you to the Nicholson St side of the Imax (the opposite side to the Rathdowne side where we've met in the past).

Alternatively, if I have time up my sleeve, I may just come into Spencer Street anyway to railfan it up.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #244
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
We've gotta organise an Australian U2 Show Meet or something, so I can tag along......
Yeah, we've spoken about doing that before. It'd be a good idea. What day of the week is best with you for a meet-up?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #245
War Child

Local Time: 05:58 PM
I have no idea what anything of this means but I think I am in love with it anyway...
Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #246
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, we've spoken about doing that before. It'd be a good idea. What day of the week is best with you for a meet-up?
Friday Nights are good. How about June 27th, at the Clifton Hill Hotel @ 9:30?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #247
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
I have no idea what anything of this means
I don't think any of us do either!

It's a mad, awesome ride in here.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Righto. You're training it in from Geelong then, I take it? I'll probably meet you guys at the Imax, since I'll be coming from the north and going via Spencer Street or Crown would require considerable backtracking.

If you guys tram it up, catch the 96 outside Spencer Street along Bourke. It'll take you to the Nicholson St side of the Imax (the opposite side to the Rathdowne side where we've met in the past).

Alternatively, if I have time up my sleeve, I may just come into Spencer Street anyway to railfan it up.

thanks for the info mate ! i have no idea when it comes to trams, what about getting back to the station later? are they regular trams on a sat nite?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #249
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Friday Nights are good. How about June 27th, at the Clifton Hill Hotel @ 9:30?
Bonnie's here that night! Not sure what her plans are, though ... we're definitely going to some Greek restaurant on Lygon Street that the Maj. knows one evening.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #250
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
I have no idea what anything of this means but I think I am in love with it anyway...
hi
Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #251
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Bonnie's here that night! Not sure what her plans are, though ... we're definitely going to some Greek restaurant on Lygon Street that the Maj. knows one evening.
I'll probably skip dinner. (meaning, I won't get into the city till 8-8:30) But meet up with you guys at some point. We'll organize it next week or something?

I've gotta fly. see you folks later
Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #252
Vocal parasite

Quote:
thanks for the info mate ! i have no idea when it comes to trams, what about getting back to the station later? are they regular trams on a sat nite?
Yes, the trams run late on a Saturday night - last one on most routes will depart the originating terminus just after 1am, and the route 96 is one of the most heavily trafficked in the city. As long as you aim to be back at Spencer Street by the last Geelong train (which I think is 1am, right?), there will be trams running.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #253
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'll probably skip dinner. (meaning, I won't get into the city till 8-8:30) But meet up with you guys at some point. We'll organize it next week or something?

I've gotta fly. see you folks later
Yeah, we'll get the plans hammered out fairly soon. I figure this is one of those cases where it would be a really good idea to plan ahead.

Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

well im heading off, if i dont see you before, i will see you at 5 on saturday ax
Old 06-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #255
Vocal parasite

Quote:
well im heading off, if i dont see you before, i will see you at 5 on saturday ax
G'night, and I'll see you then!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread