Living with a roommate.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
is driving me nucking futs!
:banghead:
But I can't afford to live alone and I'm sure I do things to annoy her....
Does anyone else have roommate difficulties?

I once had a roommate who let her dog use our carpet like it was outdoors. Her method of cleaning up the mess would be:
a. pressing newspaper to the spot --OR--
b. picking up the poop and never cleaning the spot where the poop was.

I have not had a roommate since then. She never went shopping for food and would eat everyone elses, she used my expenisve shampoo and conditioner, she used all my Bath and Body Works stuff w/o asking, she would wipe her face on my decorative handtowels when we had other towels available for that, she drank at least 3 pepsis a day, and she NEVER EVER left our apartment without a full face of makeup. We were in college, mind you. Part of the reason her dog pooped on our carpet is b/c she couldn't hold it until her owner finished putting on make up to take her for a walk in the morning....sigh....I will never have a roommate again....

i had the roommate from hell when i was in college....even the other students thought she was weird too. swore then that i'm never having a roommate again! :tsk:

WildHoneyAlways said:
she drank at least 3 pepsis a day, and she NEVER EVER left our apartment without a full face of makeup.

sure the other things are bad and annoying, but what's wrong with that? i drink pepsi ALL the time and i NEVER wear makeup :laugh: :sexywink:

ABEL said:

sure the other things are bad and annoying, but what's wrong with that? i drink pepsi ALL the time and i NEVER wear makeup :laugh: :sexywink:

I should have clarified about the pepsi...We had "apartment" pop that she never payed for but drank all the time. Strange things start to annoy me when I already don't like a person. :D I know its petty...:sexywink:

Is this petty...
It bothers me that we have a dishwasher, but she only loads 1/10 of the dishes that should go in there. Her coffee cup from yesterday is on the counter(right next to the DW)...how hard is it to take 3 more seconds and put the cup in the freakin DW...but I forgot... when she loads the DW, she puts things in there bass-ackwards...:banghead: :banghead:
It's just petty little things like that...

my roommate history:

-at home, i share a room with my sister. she's by far the worst roommate i've ever had. she's been worse since i've been at college i spent most of the summer sleeping in the living room on the couch, because she dictates when the light goes off, what music is playing, and my mom goes along with what she wants because i can't whine like my sister (no one can)

-1st week of freshman year i was assigned an australian echange student. she was never around while she was living there, and she moved out after a week

-2nd week of freshman year someone else moved in, either wasn't there, or never said more than hi. she didn't even tell me her name. she didn't speak english too fluently...and then she moved out without leaving a note or anything. just as strange as when she moved in (i had been in town hanging out with some friends, and i came back and suddnely had a roommate, whereas i was at class a week later, came back and she was gone)

-second semester of freshman year...she didn't speak english fluently. she was from hong kong and would cook fish soup/stews for breakfast, for which i'd usually have to leave the room because of the smell. she was generally an odd person, she'd go to sleep at 4 pm and not wake up until noon the next day, fortunatly she wasn't around at all most weekends, she didn't mind me keeping the light on when she went to sleep, but i did feel a little guilty having the light on at 4 am when i was online. i had a 9 am class, and for about 2 weeks straight i missed class because she would hear my alarm clock before i would wake up, and turn it off. i asked her not to do that, but she didn't understand me, and kept doing it. so in order to not miss my exams, i had to start sleeping with my alarm clock in my bed, to make sure i'd hear it first. oh, and she listened to averil lavine and chinese pop music :yuck:

-a couple weeks ago (week 1 of sophmore year at college), the roommate i was assigned this year seemed like a nice person. she wasn't here too often, and didn't have the bizarre sleeping patterns that my last roommate had, plus she spoke english and carried on conversations. she seemed really friendly, and introduced me to about 15 of her friends who would all come into our 14x11 foot box of a room and hang out, until one day she asked if i wouldn't mind moving out to a room on the 4th floor, so one of her friends could move in. i said i'd have to think about it, thought, and decided no. i didn't say it in a nasty way, i just said i'd rather not move all my stuff out, and wouldn't it make more sense for her to move in with her friend (who didn't have a roommate at the time)? so she moved out, and i don't know what happened, but when i see her or any of her friends, they don't so much as say hi anymore. idiots.

--current roommate: she's a year younger than me, and is your typical freshman--lost, fairly naiive (i'm convinced that i don't care HOW much partying you do in high school, you're still going to be a fish out of water for a little bit at college. and this is a person who partied in high school--her boyfriend is a frat boy junior. enough said.), she's a nice person, and probably the coolest of the roommates i've had (although if you re-read the list, that's not saying much). only problem is the disco ringer on her cellphone--someone at a party changed it and she can't figurew out how to change it back. i'm kidding abo8ut that by the way, i just mentioned it cos it went off as i was typing.

IWB- you've had some :coocoo: roommates...
Why female roommates?
I can't believe the one would turn off your alarm :mad:
Fish soup for breakfast, now why didn't I think of that :yuck:

Why female roommates?

because the university doesn't assign male-female roommates

unless you're not talking to me...

:shifty: i've got the sneaking suspicion that you might think i'm a guy. i've lost count how many times that's happened here, even while i was a regular pleba resident. i still don't understand...maybe i should ask sicy to get rid of my picture in the picture thread, it's probably not helping...

IWasBored said:

because the university doesn't assign male-female roommates

unless you're not talking to me...

:shifty: i've got the sneaking suspicion that you might think i'm a guy. i've lost count how many times that's happened here, even while i was a regular pleba resident. i still don't understand...maybe i should ask sicy to get rid of my picture in the picture thread, it's probably not helping...

I'm sorry...
:hug:
Please forgive me...

Mrs.Clayton said:
Is this petty...
It bothers me that we have a dishwasher, but she only loads 1/10 of the dishes that should go in there. Her coffee cup from yesterday is on the counter(right next to the DW)...how hard is it to take 3 more seconds and put the cup in the freakin DW...but I forgot... when she loads the DW, she puts things in there bass-ackwards...:banghead: :banghead:
It's just petty little things like that...

Every morning my mum expects me to tidy the house which is fair enough I am still on holidays but the thing that annoys me the most is my brother and sister treat the house like a palace even during the weekends, they leave bowls and plates ON TOP of the counter that the dishwasher is under and if its full they wouldnt even emtpy it they wait for me to do it!

I have spoken to my mum about it and think they should pitch in but I just get a lecture about being lazy :shrug:

:mad:

Mrs.Clayton said:

I'm sorry...
:hug:
Please forgive me...

:lol: it's perfectly fine. you can't see me, you don't hear me speaking, there's really no way of knowing without accessing my profile. but the prize for funniest assumption that i was a guy by an interferencer still goes to u2popmofo.

Back
Top Bottom