Living Dangerously

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
Mark and Steve Waugh are in trouble...doesnt matter how well the team are playing, they both prettymuch failed again in the 1st innings of today's 3rd Test, Mark got 45 but couldve got out any number of times b4 then, while Steve is fast becoming Paul Adams' batting bunny. I really think one of not both will be out of the test side before the next Australian Summer...

I fear you might be right

I think the main reason they are underachieving at the moment may have something to do with the added pressure of feeling like they have to prove something special

I have no doubt though, that they are able to produce this 'something and I really hope they will live up to the occasion once again

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Even though I'm thoroughly sick of cricket, to be fair to them, I think it may also be case of bad timing. Any player goes through bad runs, and now that they are in this precarious situ, everyone feels its apt to label them as past it. Any other time, or any other player and people would just say, ooh he's having a slump. This doesn't have anything to do with affecting their performance, you're most likely right Slomey. But it still stinks, and that's what I hate. Anyone deserves a fair go, if they are past it so be it. But any other point in their careers and people wouldn't be so hasty in their opinions.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Any player goes through bad runs
Especially when they are in India!

oh amanda...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom