LIVID or the Big Day Out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
or U2.."in style"? ( as the girls would say)

A choice has to be made..and it has to be made soon. I can only afford one and tickets sell so fast these days..and I just thought...is David Bowie going to tour also?
Ack, you only get one go at this and I want to get it right.
I rang the venue near here to enquire about the Billy Bragg show...$40. I just can't afford such side excursions. i have to save up for the BIG ONE!( I just missed coldplay at Splendour:(..)

so LIVID
Saturday, 18 October:
+ Linkin Park + The White Stripes + The Living End + Jurassic 5 + Black Rebel Motorcycle Club + The Roots + Me First & the Gimme Gimmes + Frenzal Rhomb + Yeah Yeah Yeahs + Turbonegro + Resin Dogs + Goldfinger + Rocket Science + Butterfingers + Gelbison + For Amusement Only
OR
The Big Day Out
???????????
The only thing I know about the BDO at this stage is that Metallica are headlining. You have to buy tickets on faith, hoping that the promoters will fill the bill with other bands that you like. BDO is good value as they have 2 main stages and a couple of side ones..there's always plenty to hear and SEE :ohmy: @ BDO.

I have some very significant family birthday's to pay for this Spring, so it will be a VERY tight budget I'm working with. But mum needs her ...go:crazy: where no one knows you, :dance: :dance: :laugh: :applaud: fix.....
don't you agree?

me and decisions:yikes: :confused:
I
know
it's only rock n roll

but I like it

like it

:yes: I do

Howdy Cass- wow two replies in as many days!!!

my vote would be with BDO. The lineup for BDO always seems to be a little more impressive than Livid each year, I mean this years BDO was the best I have ever seen- Kraftwerk, Fooies, Queens, PJ oh and the lovely and superb, Janes Addiction- if only I hadn't broken my foot two weeks earlier I would have been there with bells on....

but on a different note I think that the venue itself for the BDO shits all over Livid. Now that these events are attended by magnitudes of people (I can remember being at the first BDO on the Goldy back in 94 and being able to get about so effortlessly, as there was only about seven thousand there and get this, the tickets were a mere $44!) the Parklands at Southport is just such a better and more spacious venue than the RNA showgrounds in Bris.

I remember the last Livid that I went to I thought '"never again" to small a venue, too many people, over inflated ticket price and the line up was not that great at all, because most of the acts that I wanted to see all over lapped each other....

so yeah I rekon wait for the rest of the BDO line up, I think it will be better than Livid :)

Hi Aurora....nice to find you again. It's good to get some advice. I haven't been to the RNA showgrounds, so it's good toknow befirehand what the set-up is like.
I went to the BDO the year Korn toured and had a B.A.L.L. I think it was about $95 that year...grrrrrr@inflation.
thanx for your advice too mofo..I KNOW Livid sounds good, thus the quandary.
But.....Metallica!!! They really were "instrumental" in getting my sons into playing music, so it would be kinda historic to go see them.
I know my "daughter-in law" definitely wants to go to the BDO, I could travel with them.( I'd lose them asap.It's just not cool to hang with your kids..ppl might think yer old or sumthin':D..) I am absolutely kicking myself for not buying my middle son a Metallica concert ticket..so BDO may be the go.

Hey Aurora..I'm not sure it was intentional...but I love the way your signature worked out..little green man peeping over there. Reminds me of Foo.
Are Jane's Addiction as lovely and superb as Orlando Bloom? That kind of lovely and superb?:sexywink:
I just listened to the lovely and superb U2...now that is lovely

and superb:heart:

Mum's Big Day Out :D

well at least I no longer have to worry about making a decision about choice of entertainment.
everything now goes into the "Replace Bertha Fund"

ack...who needs loud music, a sunny day, happy people...more loud music and wild :dance:?

I have a set of headphones, and adequate CD collection and my family...I'm content as an old...something that is very content
:D
cheshire cat?
:D

Back
Top Bottom