Liverpool Back On Form... And Off To Istanbul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
May 1984: Rome: Liverpool are crowned European Champions for the record (for an English club) 4th Time...

1989/1990: Liverpool win the old Division One this being the last (to date) that they would win the top divison...

1992/95: Defeat Sunderland for the FA Cup/Bolton for the Coca-Cola Cup...

In 5 years that is very dissapointing for the team that ruled both England and Europe in the 70's and 80's...

Late 90's: Becomes common for Liverpool to finish mid/top table...

2001: Some pride is found when they win 5 honours in 6 months... (FA Cup, Worthinghton Cup, Uefa Cup, Charity Shield, Super Cup)

2004/2005: Gerard Houilier is sacked as Reds manager and Valencia coach Rafa Benitez takes charge... he begins by selling Kop King Michael Owen for a meer £8m with exchange of Antonio Nunez (who is shocking) to Real Madrid... he makes up for it with signings of Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia & Fernado Morientes...

Early 2005: In Carling Cup Final, out of FA Cup, forth place is best we can finish...

March 2005: Chelsea start the run for their treble by beating Liverpool at Cardiff for the CArling Cup...

April/May 2005: Chelsea defeat Bolton to grab part 2 of 3 winning the league... however all dreams are smashed, revenge of Cardiff is carried out when Liverpool beat Chelsea in the Champions League Semi Final in front of the Kop... and off to Istanbul we go... it's been a while but after watching them tonight... its the European Cup for Rafa's first year (Yes, I'm confident) and then Jose we're coming after the league...

boomcha you are from the united states, dont pretend you like soccer

you just like looking at soccer guys

but i love it when you call me jizzer :drool:

Great win by the Reds. They are the masters of the "bend but don't break" philosophy. I see them getting a first half goal against Milan and holding on for dear life in the 2nd half and raising the Cup at the end of the match... Now if they only could get their act together and jump past Everton to claim the last champions spot for next season.

Anyone else think Michael Owen is regretting his decision to flee Anfield for a "chance for success in Europe down in Madrid?" He might be the Nomar Garciaparra of soccer.

:lol:

Only a virtual goal could defeat the undefeatable master of the game, aka José Mourinho.

Since you can't have the same luck and referee in the final, the cup will go naturally to ACM, and Rui Costa will score to revenge his friends.

bedouin fire said:
Only a virtual goal could defeat the undefeatable master of the game, aka José Mourinho.

Since you can't have the same luck and referee in the final, the cup will go naturally to ACM, and Rui Costa will score to revenge his friends.

Would this be the same ref that gave Chelsea over 6 minutes of injury time in the 2nd half? If a virtual goal can defeat the undefeatable master, that doesn't speak to highly of his skills now does it? Liverpool was better on this day, tis the nature of sports.

PSV 3-1 Milan

milan score in the last minute and go through on the away goal rule. bastards. they didn't deserve to go through at all.:mad:

Cocu's goal at the end was ace though. PSV played better in both legs, yet they haven't gone through. gonna be a boring final now :rolleyes:

randhail said:
Anyone else think Michael Owen is regretting his decision to flee Anfield for a "chance for success in Europe down in Madrid?" He might be the Nomar Garciaparra of soccer.

I used that exact phrase watching the game with a scouse friend. Oh the puzzled look I got.....................................

May 25th... 3 weeks...

AC are going down...

and to bedouin fire if Chelsea are so great they would have at least scored in one leg...

but no hard feelings... well done in the Carling Cup...shame about the champions league... HA HA!!!

look if you want me to shut up just give a little ssshhhh!!!

:wink:

I find it astonishing that such a poor team (and I mean POOR) has made the european cup final. It makes no sense how a team in 5th in the premiership, 30 points or so off chelsea can make it into the last 2 teams in Europe. Maybe Football isnt as strong as it used to be around europe.

Liverpools defense was watertight in both the last 2 rounds. the fact that against Juve and Chelsea they only scored one goal in each game says it all. it says it all for their style of football as well :yawn:

uwwedoogie said:

and to bedouin fire if Chelsea are so great they would have at least scored in one leg...

you're right, they were not so strong as i was expecting.

nevertheless they scored so much as liverpool. the only difference was that the ref from the second leg counted a fake goal as a real one.

Back
Top Bottom