Liverpool Back On Form... And Off To Istanbul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BOOMCHAA i have 2 more reasons to be excited i dunno if your a l'pool fan but if you are then you'll be excited if Liverpool beat Ac, even though they won't finish in the top 4 of the premiership after talks today they will be in next seasons champions league,

and after the coin toss Liverpool will play in home colours red while AC play in their away: white,

all four times L'pool have won they've played in red while the opponents have played in white!! :wink:

Baros is angry at Rafa over dropping him for the Carling Cup Final and may leave in the summer...

if he doesnt put 110% into the AC game Im gonna kick his ass

Baros should've had his ass kicked a long time ago for the way he's played this season. It would be nice if he learned to dribble with his head up for once too.

What do you guys think the chances of Stevie G. not leaving this summer are?

ill say he'll stay... regardless of the champs league result... its a hell of a lot more than he expected out of l'pool when he said he'll have to see if the season goes anywhere... sure he actually said "its good to win...but we're not gonna get anywhere in this comp" before xmas...

uwwedoogie said:

and after the coin toss Liverpool will play in home colours red while AC play in their away: white,

all four times L'pool have won they've played in red while the opponents have played in white!! :wink:

Didn't Milan choose to play in white, they also have a good record when playing in their white uniform, in the past finals, whenever Milan won the final they always wore their white shirts.

uwwedoogie said:
nope, you can never chose... always a coin toss
Yes, and Milan won the coin toss and they will play in white...

from Uefa .com

Milan had been expected to don their famous black-and-red striped shirts in Istanbul, but agreed to Liverpool's request in order to wear the all-white strip in which they won the 2003 final against Juventus...

That was the most entertaining match I've seen in ages! The technique of the Liverpool goalie during the penalties seemed to put the Milan players right off their shots, especially the first guy who David Beckham'ed it over the top bar!!

Congrats to Liverpool!

What a match... the reds have done it at last...
Heres my play-by-play of my Champions League Final...

7:45 The teams kick off, I sit at home with a Yorkie, Dr. Pepper & hope. Although at this stage I'm excited and confident.

7:46 In shock, realise that Liverpool can actually lose this game as Maldini scores a fine goal which should have been stopped by Jerzey Dudek or one of the 8 Liverpool players in the box.

8:24 Comeback hopes Crushed as Crespo scores, dreams of winning fade away, in attempt to cover up I blame goal on a supposed hand ball which would have given Liverpool a penalty if penalised.

8:29 Crespo scores a magnificant goal from possibly the greatest pass I've ever seen from Kaka, I start to think that if the penalty was given Liverpool would have scored and the second or third goals mightened of came.

Half Time: I tell myself that "we can still win it" in an attempt to convince myself that its actually possible, the fact that Liverpool have to score 3, and stop Milan scoring any after that half seems so far-fetched, not even kicking the ball off my wall trying to picture it happening works. I cross my fingers.

8:51 Some sort of smile comes over my face as Gerrard scores a fine header, hoping that somehow we can even the score in the next 40 minutes, still don't believe its possible.

8:53 Dream becomes possibility after Smicer scores from outside the box to put Liverpool only a goal behind.

8:57 Dream becomes reality after Xabi Alonso scores from close range, after Dida denying him of a penalty.

End Of Normal Time: Fingers are still crossed, blood has stoped running to one, wait anxiously for Extra-Time to begin.

10:15 Feel somewhat glad that Liverpool survived another 30 minutes of football against the Italian Giants, especially after Dudek's marvelous saves a minute from the final whistle, feel excited, joyed, nervous, scared & hopeful. Predict that AC would miss their first 2 peno's, was right, also can tell Riise's gonna miss - dunno how, start walking in a circle around my coffee table, Dudek puts Andrei Shevchencko off with the old Grobbalar trick as he waits to take his penalty.

10:23 Andrei Shevchencko misses and Liverpool after being slaughtered in the first half, comeback in 6 minutes and hold AC off and win... don't care about the supposed penalty anymore.

10:24 Celebration begins... what a match

Back
Top Bottom