Liverpool are bloody brilliant!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
What a night, what a game, what a team, what an atmosphere, what an emotional evening, what a manager, what a support, it's just all
eek.gif

Feckin brilliant I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We gonna win the league and champions league! Gotta go back to Anfield for my fix of Liverpool love, they are the U2 of soccer
smile.gif

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Joy.

And I caught Dudek's glove after the game!

Kick ass! I tried to get tickets but couldn't
frown.gif
Was it so much better atmosphere wise than the Barca semi final last year? I didn't think it could get any better
eek.gif

Same here too...

And the English Premier League is already better than the others. If I want to watch Spanish football, I have to stay up until 6:00 am!! (that's 4:00-6:00...)

Honestly, spanish soccer is way over english as results show the last years, if one league is overrated is the english (lets not talk about the poor italians), now for the champions my picks is that an spanish team will win, with only FC Bayern or Man U, with a chance of victory.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by rafmed:
Honestly, spanish soccer is way over english as results show the last years, if one league is overrated is the english (lets not talk about the poor italians), now for the champions my picks is that an spanish team will win, with only FC Bayern or Man U, with a chance of victory.

Rafo.............rafo.........rafo.....

Liverpool!
wink.gif
Well besides my bias(I am serious though, don't under-estimate us!)I gotta disagree with ya, it's well regarded the Spanish league is better than the English. The English national team is overrated bigtime, but the league ain't. And with them unlucky not to have 3 teams in the last 8 in Europe I think they have every right to say they are in the top 3 in Europe. Spain for me are the best, then England, then Italy, then Germany(easssssy Raf!). Italy have the best players but as Capello commented they are having serious trouble with tactics in Europe.

Speaking about wich league is better, well lets see the last 5 champios league winners:

2 for Spain (Real Madrid both)

2 for Germany ( FC Bayern and Dortmund)

1 for England ( Manchester United)

and considering the overall finalists.

4 times teams from Spain have reched the final (Real Madrid 2, Valencia 2)

3 from Germany ( FC Bayern 2, Dortmund 1)

2 from Italy ( Juventus both)

1 from England (Manchester Utd)

Do your math.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Everyone knows the following at present

The best leagues in terms of the bestest teams in the whole wide Europe are

1 Spain
2 England
3 Italy
4 Germany

The best leagues in terms of which ones are the mostest watched and also the most entertaining in the whole wide of Europe are

1 England
2 Spain
3 Germany
4 Italy

You cant win the Champions League without wingers,its a well known fact.
With the exception of Manchester United the English league is mediocre.They dominate the league year after year and are always left flying the flag in the Champions League.
At least in Spain and Germany they have some strength in depth and multiple Spanish sides are always left in Europe at this stage of the season.
Finally if you took the teams from the bottom half of the Premiership and matched them up against the bottom half of La Liga the Spanish sides would give them an embarrasing beating.

Cheers.
Henke.

P.S The winner of the CL will come from the Real Bayern match.

We'll see bout that "Strummer"
rolleyes.gif

Even if we don't win the league, ya, Liverpool are bloody brilliant, and we still have 5 trophies fresh in the cabinet
tongue.gif
(although we gotta give em back soon
frown.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom