Live8 To Be Shown In It's Entirety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
See People Bitching Works :wink:
From @U2:

For all of you North American viewers who were disgusted by the MTV/VH1 coverage of the Live8 show - there's hope. After receiving a flood of complaints from viewers regarding the Live8 coverage, MTV/VH1 sent out a press release today announcing they will air 10 consecutive hours of Live 8 performances, free from commercial interruption, this Saturday July 9th. VH1 will start off the broadcast with the first five hours of the concert, which is scheduled to air from 10am-3pm ET/PT. MTV will then jump in and show an additional five hours, ending the broadcast at 8pm ET/PT. The president of MTVN Music Group, Van Toffler, was quoated as saying "At MTV and VH1, we're in a constant and candid dialogue with our audience. In the wake of our coverage last Saturday, our viewers have resoundingly told us on-line they want to see full performances from their favorite artists. As a result of viewer demand and thanks to the Live 8 organizers and performers, MTV & VH1 will air 10 consecutive hours from one of the most important musical events of our time." For everyone who took the time to send a note to MTV, pat yourself on the back - and set those TIVOs.

This is great news because i caught about 5 minutes of the whole thing....was busy recovering from a massive flood in my basement. Yippie !

Awesome news!! Can't wait. I'll get to see a full 6 hours of footage before I have to go off to work! :D

This is great news! I tried to watch the concerts on AOL once I realized the VH1/MTV coverage was absolute crap, but I couldn't get it to work really well. A lot of times it would just freeze up on me. I hate watching video footage on a two-inch screen anyway.

Each channel is supposedly showing 5 hours, with each channeling focusing more on the demographics of their audience. So VH1 would be playing the bands such as U2, Sting, Pink Floyd, etc., while MTV would be airing more of the performances by Green Day, etc. I thought that's what I read somewhere today, but too tired to track it down.

OK...this isn't quite on topic, but I glanced at this thread title and I thought it said "Live8 To Be Shown In Eternity" and I thought -- Yikes! Perhaps Bono really is God! :ohmy:

...think it's about time to get some sleep. :)

So far, VH-1's re-broadcast was GREAT !! :bow:

Watching MTV's re-broadcast now ... and it's really GOOD too !! :up:

It's absolutely the best thing those networks could do ... :drool:

To show the entire broadcast all over and without those announcers or commercials !!
I'm happy to see VH-1 and MTV took our complaints seriously !! :applaud:

indra said:
OK...this isn't quite on topic, but I glanced at this thread title and I thought it said "Live8 To Be Shown In Eternity" and I thought -- Yikes! Perhaps Bono really is God! :ohmy:

...think it's about time to get some sleep. :)
:lol: you been spendin Sat with the Millers too huh?:drunk::wink:

My girlfriend called and said "U2 is playing that catorce song you like on TV right now."

Unfortunately, my satellite box has been on the fritz :huh:

My sister and I have been watching this for a couple hours now. We managed to catch all of U2 and Coldplay. :up: Actually, almost of all of the acts are fantastic. We even considered skipping the Diamondbacks/Reds game we have tickets to so we could stay home and watch the whole thing. :wink:

Back to watching the show. I just finished dancing around like a freak to Kanye West. All these performers are tearing it up.

I'm guessing it's the Global Feed, right?

That's what they showed here... almost 11 hours with NO commercials

Got to see U2's entire set today. :up: Very good. They rocked.

Also, you know what? Green Day puts on a pretty decent show. I was enjoying watching them perform...the lead singer was really getting the crowd going.

Definitely nice to see it sans commercials and VJs :yes:. Thanks, MTV and VH1.

Angela

I was happy to see they showed whole sets (although I doubt Madonna's needed to be showed twice) but I do wish they would've showed the Cure. I agree that rebroadcasting is probably the best thing they could've done right now (aside from showing it like this the FIRST time).

Back
Top Bottom