Live8 setlist and songlist London, Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This is in from BBC

Unofficial Running Order
The official running order has not been revealed, but the BBC News website has compared lists printed in various UK media and below is an indication of what to expect from 1400 onwards.

Sir Paul McCartney and U2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

U2: One

Coldplay: In My Place, Fix You

Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft: Bitter Sweet Symphony

Sir Elton John (introduced by Little Britain's Matt Lucas and David Walliams): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, The Bitch is Back

Sir Elton John and Pete Doherty: Children of the Revolution

Dido: Life for Rent, White Flag, Thank You

Stereophonics: Songs to be confirmed

REM: The One I Love, Losing My Religion, Imitation of Life, Everybody Hurts

Ms Dynamite: Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song

Keane: Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know

Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Annie Lennox: Walking on Broken Glass, Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves, Sweet Dreams

UB40: Food for Thought, Red Red Wine

Snoop Dogg: Songs to be confirmed

Razorlight: Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

Madonna: Like a Prayer, Music, Ray of Light

Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run

Joss Stone: I Had a Dream, Super Duper Love

Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama

Velvet Revolver: Songs to be confirmed

The Killers: Songs to be confirmed

Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose

Mariah Carey: Make It Happen, Vision of Love

Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel, We Will Rock You

The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley

Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here

Sir Paul McCartney: The Long and Winding Road

Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger

Berlin

This is in from aol.de (for the full list go there)

14.05-14.20 Die Toten Hosen
17.05-17.20 Brian Wilson
17.45-18.00 A-ha

Sounds like that is going to be an awesome show!!!:rockon: Thanks for the info ..Whenhiphop:wave:

i can't believe i'm saying this...

but other than pink floyd, i think the bittersweet symphony thing might be the most interesting aspect to this show...

why can't the verve 7ust get back together already?!?!

The Verve DEFINITELY need to get back together. Has there been a Nick McCabe sighting since 1997???? URBAN HYMNS is desert island material, and Northern Soul comes darn close.

Ashcroft's appearance is #2 on my must see list, with U2 #3 and the return of PINK FLOYD a who-woulda-thunk-it #1.

Hawkfire said:
The Verve DEFINITELY need to get back together. Has there been a Nick McCabe sighting since 1997???? URBAN HYMNS is desert island material, and Northern Soul comes darn close.

Ashcroft's appearance is #2 on my must see list, with U2 #3 and the return of PINK FLOYD a who-woulda-thunk-it #1.

Last I heard, he was in Spain, recording computer based music :yuck: He also remixed some stuff for The Music.

I think it´s a pretty strange setlist, poorly chosen (IMO) by Pink Floyd :sad: I mean, they´re about to play for the first time in 24 years with Roger Waters !!! ( the last time they played togheter was in 17 June 1981, Earls Court, London The Wall Live Shows ) and the setlist is mostly with Gilmour on vocals ( The whole Money, the whole Wish You Were Here and half of Comfortably Numb, moreover he´ll has his own moment with his fantastic solo at the end of the song)...

...so where´s Roger ? :( They should play In The Flesh :drool: Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here and Brian Damage/ Eclipse

Peace :wave:

UnforgettableLemon said:
U2 also played Vertigo and Beautiful Day :shrug:

But VH1/MTV is showing that Black Eyed Peas garbage instead.

MTV/VH1's coverage of this is horrible so far. Personalities doing bland interviews. I was expecting continuous music. What a disappointment. So many bands, so little coverage.

They just showed all of 30 seconds of Bob Geldof and Travis on "I Don't Like Mondays." Bastards!

I hope the DVD that's coming out contains the entire show.

Well, they're showing u2 doing Beautiful Day now... weird ordering. I'm on 56k, so streaming would suck... I want to see Placebo.

Wow... In spite of the very well-known songs... U2 were just brilliant... The whole concert's being brilliant...
The Coldplay/Richard Aschcroft and Madonna performances were brilliant!!!

This is really, really fucking brilliant.

Oh, by the way...the Who also played Who Are You. :)

And Pink Floyd is on after this bloody song!!! :combust:

CTV coverage blows too.

They showed one song of The Who, and are right now in Moscow showing the Pet Shop Boys, while Pink Floyd is minutes away from going on!! The roadies have even finished! I bet the Floyd is standing right backstage and finishing their water, and psyching themselves up right now!!

AAAAUUUGHHH! What a beautiful day to be a Pink Floyd fan...

Back
Top Bottom