LiVE (the band)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
they've got a new album coming out in either may or june, on the official site there's this interview clip where ed kowalczyk is talking about this new song that they finished, called "what are we fighting for"...and it's on kazaa

and it's great. but that's just the opinion of a live fan. i don't know what non-fans or throwing-copper-only fans are going to think...i can't wait for the new album (and a new tour) though!

anyone else care?

I think that's great news. I love Live, and not just Throwing Copper either. I heard Lightening Crashes only twice on the radio before going out and buying the entire album. I was stoked to realise it was not the best they had to offer.

Any idea on when this new song and album is coming out?

Angela Harlem said:
I think that's great news. I love Live, and not just Throwing Copper either. I heard Lightening Crashes only twice on the radio before going out and buying the entire album. I was stoked to realise it was not the best they had to offer.

Any idea on when this new song and album is coming out?

and you used the word "stoked"!! awesome!

i don't know when it's supposed to come out. according to this interview clip up on the official site they said may or june, nothing more specific.

there's an interview clip about the song, but again no definete release date

and something about ed k. performing something (i seem to think it was "imagine" of all songs) with slash (i haven't watched that yet)

I really like Live. My favorite Live album is actually Mental Jewelry, which I think gets overlooked so much. I was really digging V when it came out, but now I seem to think that the lyrics alternate between some of the band's best, and some of it's worst. So I think V could have been much better, but they've made three great albums, one generally strong album, and... Secret Samadhi... :yuck: I won't be too harsh on SS, though, it did have a handful of good songs.

not a secret samadhi fan? it's probably my favourite.

i really like V, i probably did like it more when it came out, but i still really like it. lyrically it's rather different than the others, isn't it? some of the songs sound more like kowalczyk is trying to start a fight. "deep enough" kind of sucks lyrically as far as i'm concerned, but i really like the song still. i tend to not pay as much attention to lyrics unless i REALLY like them. they played it when i saw them touring with counting crows, and i read all sorts of reviews where people were getting really worried that live was getting wierd (or going back to being wierd, depending on what they thought of secret samadhi), and i didn't really hear any of the lyrics at first.

(now i've got to go listen to live)

UnforgettableLemon said:
I really like Live. My favorite Live album is actually Mental Jewelry, which I think gets overlooked so much.

i love mental jewelry.

i listened to woodstock 99 as it was broadcasted over the radio, and before they played "pain lies on the riverside" kowalczyk goes "this is a song off our first album , which is actually not called throwing copper, it's called mental jewelry, just so you know"

funny thing was that at that point i wasn't familiar enough with their music to know what he was talking about. i assumed that throwing copper's title was really mental jewelry, and there was some confusion over that. not that there were two seperate albums. i sorted it all out fast though cos the next day i went through the stuff i taped from the broadcast of woodstock 99 and within the next week got the three albums and started being like u2popmofo with his "afi--sing the sorrow: out on march 11th" in his sig

paxetaurora said:
I loved "Run to the Water" on The Distance to Here...I almost cried the first time I heard it.

you know that part where somehting changes towards the end? when it hits the chorus and it's higher? that part is just perfect

Not a huge fan of Live - they were mentioned in the Snowtown serial murders trial here last week, one of the killers played their music while torturing victims...wonder if the band knows! :der:

Last edited:
IWB: You're right, that part *is* perfect.

Brettig: I always considered Live to be a very spiritual sort of band, almost in the U2 tradition (see songs like "Pain Lies on the Riverside," "Lightning Crashes," "The Beauty of Grey"), so it makes no sense to me that their music could be used as the soundtrack for serial killings...do you have links to news reports about this or anything?

paxetaurora said:
IWB: You're right, that part *is* perfect.

Brettig: I always considered Live to be a very spiritual sort of band, almost in the U2 tradition (see songs like "Pain Lies on the Riverside," "Lightning Crashes," "The Beauty of Grey"), so it makes no sense to me that their music could be used as the soundtrack for serial killings...do you have links to news reports about this or anything?

actually, see the entire mental jewelry for references to j. krishnamurti's book "you are the world"...try to find a song off that album that doesn't refer to that book

it's like saying stuff about "exit" prompting people to kill...

(going back to rambling about the music) "the beauty of gray" has got to be one of my favourites, when i saw them live kowalczyk introduced the song as a song off their first album and i expected "opperation spirt" or "pain lies on the riverside", but it wasn't! i was jumping up and down in amazement and i think i freaked out the people next to me, who had absolutly no idea who live was and were only there to see counting crows

and they opened with lightning crashes!

I'm looking as we speak...I believe it was material speaking from the point of view of the abused, that is, the killers saw themselves as victims striking back at people who'd abused them in the past....that sorta thing come thematically into their work? You may find it hard to believe that they used their songs, but I'm not trying to discredit the band here or say theyre giving out the wrong messages, these were some seriously screwed up folks. Always remember Charles Manson!

Back
Top Bottom