Live Earth on the Mall in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silvrlvr

Refugee
Al Gore was on CNN just now, and they are adding a concert on Sunday on the Mall in D.C., outside the Musuem of the Native American.

Trisha Yearwood will be there but the other acts are TBD.

Blues Nation is another one.

I hadn't been in D.C. for two years and came back last month. We went to see the Nationals play my Detroit Tigers. It was 96 degrees at 7 o'clock at night. I feel your pain.

It's going to be over 90 here tomorrow, and it's usually about 10 degrees warmer at my parents' house about 3 hours from DC. I can only imagine what it will be there :yuck:

I went to a concert about a week and a half ago when it was really hot and the crowd was so cranky. It wasn't nearly as much fun as it would've been in milder weather.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
It's going to be over 90 here tomorrow, and it's usually about 10 degrees warmer at my parents' house about 3 hours from DC. I can only imagine what it will be there :yuck:

I went to a concert about a week and a half ago when it was really hot and the crowd was so cranky. It wasn't nearly as much fun as it would've been in milder weather.

yep... people get nasty in hot, humid weather.. It will be so nasty that day... I am not going now.. I'd rather watch it from the comforts of my air-conditioned home..thank you very much..:wink:

I won't be heading down to D.C., I will be watching from the comforts of home also. Already informed my husband and kids to not expect much from me tomorrow. :wink:

SNOW PATROL:drool: :love:
DURAN DURAN
FOO FIGHTERS
GENESIS
DAMIEN RICE
DURAN DURAN
BLOC PARTY
CORINNE BAILEY RAE
KEANE
SPINAL TAP

The only one I really want to watch is the concert from London.

mdw3935 said:
I won't be heading down to D.C., I will be watching from the comforts of home also. Already informed my husband and kids to not expect much from me tomorrow. :wink:

SNOW PATROL:drool: :love:
DURAN DURAN
FOO FIGHTERS
GENESIS
DAMIEN RICE
DURAN DURAN
BLOC PARTY
CORINNE BAILEY RAE
KEANE
SPINAL TAP

The only one I really want to watch is the concert from London.

same here.. staying home. that is the concert I want to watch too.. I too will be :drool: x infinity over SP... and all the others you mentioned. I also want to see The Police, Crowded House...

Lila64 said:
I can call and wake you if they are on by 2:00am my time :wink:

i will :madwife: you with a 2 x 4 if u do!!!!!!!!!!!!:madspit:

then I will sick izzy on you...
DSCF1599.jpg

you do remember her don't ya...

:giggle:

Last edited:
Peter Garrett spoke and then introduced Crowded House

Locked Out :dance:
World Where You Live

Last edited:
they cut the lights on CH during Something So Strong, and they are still playing one more song (Weather With You) without the lights. Awesome :yes:

I only saw the last couple of hours of our Aussie Live Earth, but from what I saw, Wolfmother were the highlight for me.

I'm only watching Live Earth for Roger Waters, Bloc Party, Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Police. EDIT: Add The Parlotones to that list as well! They're a South African band I used to be into a while back. I thought they'd broken up. :lol: The rest of the performers range on a scale of shit to slightly okay for me. :sigh:

Last edited:
mdw3935 said:
Genesis is on right now in London.

What a nice blast from the 80's, they sound great.:)

I've never been a HUGE Genesis fan, especially not of their Phil Collins era stuff, but I agree that they're sounding good.

Thank heavens CTV are broadcasting this in high definition. :love:

those poor people in hamburg look like they're begging for some of that global warming stuff....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom