Live Earth on the Mall in D.C. - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #691
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

Definitely. Could you imagine one last Floyd tour? Gilmour's musicianship and Waters' love of the audience all rolled into one...would be out of this world.

I can see how you wouldn't like the tour vocal-wise. I'd be lying if I said I sometimes didn't wish I was hearing Gilmour/Wright instead of Carin/Kilminster on something like Breathe, those two times I saw Roger. But again, a live show means different things for different people. For me, the vocals are not a huge issue at all, it's more about enjoying the show and seeing a legend on his (probably) last tour ever.
Question....are the vocals a non-issue for all concerts you attend, or just with Waters, because he means so much to you?

Old 07-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #692
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Never take your eye off of the Crazy Train....1/2 the reason I post on this site is to see if the Train wrecks or not that day.
so true

Old 07-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #693
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:

Question....are the vocals a non-issue for all concerts you attend, or just with Waters, because he means so much to you?
Depends on the performer. If it was some young band in their prime touring with average vocals and lacking in superb production and effects to make up for it, I wouldn't go. With someone like Roger, it's a bit different. Before you even buy the tickets, you know that he's 63 years old and that he's spent most of his younger years screaming into a microphone. Vocal deterioration is to be expected. You accept it, move on, and enjoy the shows while you still can.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #694
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

Depends on the performer. If it was some young band in their prime touring with average vocals and lacking in superb production and effects to make up for it, I wouldn't go. With someone like Roger, it's a bit different. Before you even buy the tickets, you know that he's 63 years old and that he's spent most of his younger years screaming into a microphone. Vocal deterioration is to be expected. You accept it, move on, and enjoy the shows while you still can.
I'm with you, was just curious to hear your take on it. Same deal for me with Elton John. His voice has really deepened out. To listen to his earlier songs and then listen to them as performed today is like comparing apples and oranges...but, to me, he still sounds good, and, I really enjoy his shows.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #695
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

If you lived within driving distance, you'd have been there.
Awww.

Oh, might be facing a potential disaster here. I need good SF vibes. :fingerscrossed:
Old 07-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #696
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:00 AM
I missed Madonna and Gogol Bordello? Together? Darn.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #697
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Great performance by Roger Waters and his band .
Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #698
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Prince is one of the very few performers I've not seen who I'd still like to see. The Who, despite not quite being the Who anymore, are on that list as well. The Police were, now they're crossed off.

what do you mean THE WHO NOT BEING THE WHO ?!?!?

I mean.. 2 members died... what can they do.. retire and forgetting it all?

besides, Roger and Pete ROCK, still being in their 60s
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #699
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

what do you mean THE WHO NOT BEING THE WHO ?!?!?

I mean.. 2 members died... what can they do.. retire and forgetting it all?

besides, Roger and Pete ROCK, still being in their 60s
You did read the part where I said they're on my short list of bands I want to see before I die, yes?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #700
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I'm with you, was just curious to hear your take on it. Same deal for me with Elton John. His voice has really deepened out. To listen to his earlier songs and then listen to them as performed today is like comparing apples and oranges...but, to me, he still sounds good, and, I really enjoy his shows.
See, I still love Elton's vocals. To me, he doesn't really try to hit many of the highs anymore, sings lower, but the tone is still rich and satisfying, and very similar to the way it's always been...the upper range is just diminished a bit, and he sounded as great live as he does recorded.

GG, I'm sure you've listened to tons of Roger live from this tour. Does tour fatigue seem to be a factor for him vocally, at all? I first noticed it at Live 8 though, so it wouldn't have had anything to do with that performance.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #701
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Totally. They create magic together.
Well, according to Rolling Stone, a Pink Floyd reunion is just a matter of time! (Actually, the prediction comes from a Las Vegas odds man and a singing psychic...but hey, at least it's something!)

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...t-big-reunion/
Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #702
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

See, I still love Elton's vocals. To me, he doesn't really try to hit many of the highs anymore, sings lower, but the tone is still rich and satisfying, and very similar to the way it's always been...the upper range is just diminished a bit, and he sounded as great live as he does recorded.

GG, I'm sure you've listened to tons of Roger live from this tour. Does tour fatigue seem to be a factor for him vocally, at all? I first noticed it at Live 8 though, so it wouldn't have had anything to do with that performance.
I still like them, too, I thought I said. Is anyone reading my actual posts tonight??? VP, come on.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #703
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

Show me a person of respect who would give it up to Bon Jovi.

The cadre of naysayers is huge.

Very simple.

They are the best of a load of crap.

I wouldn't be upset if they make the Hall of Fame, but I think it should be acknowledged that it was the worst era in rock history.

Without question.

They would be the ONLY one
Wow you are a real opinionated and I am your person of respect who would give it up to Bon Jovi in a heartbeat
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #704
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

You sometimes find that with bands/artists, particularly older ones, some fans will complain that the singers don't sound like they did back in the 70s or whatever. Well, obviously! When humans age, their vocal cords age as well. It upsets me when people forget that. If they sound a bit deep or a bit gravelly, so be it. They might not sound like they did thirty years ago, but they're still the same people who wrote the stuff. That's my way of looking at it.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #705
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Tags
live earth