Live Earth on the Mall in D.C. - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #661
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
I saw the Police last night and thought they were great, anything but boring....but, hey, opinions will vary.
It's probably different when you're there, and when you're seeing a full show. All that these Live [Insert Cause Here] shows give is a tidbit. I'd love to see The Police live, even though I'm not a terribly big fan.
__________________

__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #662
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Ah, but this isn't anything like his tour. Seriously, the tour far outstrips what you saw tonight. Check out this video I got:

It is WELL worth the money.
Shit, that was something! I love how the band are silhouetted against the orange at the end...you were so close to the stage in your video! Pretty amazing
__________________

__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #663
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


David > Roger, but, without Roger, there is no Pink Floyd. He is their edge.

The Police...played well, but there was too much jamming and screwing around. Booooring.

Roger really should have closed it.
Roger is great...but I've always been a David fan




__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #664
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
*browneyedgirl*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: clueless
Posts: 3,692
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


I need to see if I can talk to my friends at NBC Universal and ask if I can get some copies of everything they televised.
seriously?
__________________
*browneyedgirl* is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #665
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


It's probably different when you're there, and when you're seeing a full show. All that these Live [Insert Cause Here] shows give is a tidbit. I'd love to see The Police live, even though I'm not a terribly big fan.
Oh, it better be different in person as opposed to watching on a TV set.

There were definitely a few songs that they reworked to the detriment of the tune, but a few others they reworked that seemed better to me than the original version. I think that for me, there was also the added nostalgia element, since I started to like them when they were actually making music, as opposed to discovering them later in life.

The more I type in this thread, the more pissed I'm getting that I saw none of the day's acts.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #666
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil


Shit, that was something! I love how the band are silhouetted against the orange at the end...you were so close to the stage in your video! Pretty amazing
Sixth effing row, yeah! And front row centre for the encore! It was pretty much the greatest show I've ever seen and will ever see. Unless Pink Floyd reform, of course. This video is even cooler, because you see the pig, Roger smiling at the pig, me screaming like a lunatic, and shouting ROGERRRRRR:
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #667
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by *browneyedgirl*
seriously?
Yes. No reason they can't make some dubs of what aired for me, techincally, at least.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #668
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


For me, a show is not only about the music, it's about the performance and how much the performer gives back to the audience. I've seen videos of Dave's tour. He just stands there. Plays and sings tremendously well, granted, but when I go to a show, I want to see the performer giving it his all and enjoying himself. I wouldn't trade having Roger Waters smiling at me from front row while we sang the chorus of Comfortably Numb together for any Gilmour guitar solo, no matter how good.
I can completely understand that. I agree that Roger interacts to a much greater extent with the audience. At one point in the Gilmour show I saw, just prior to an acoustic guitar part, David actually shushed the crowd. When he plays, he tends to get lost in it I think, he closes his eyes, or gets that faraway look that great blues guitarists tend to get. He may not even be aware that there's an audience there.

I probably came off sounding like I think Roger is satan or something, and that's certainly not the case. I obviously love them as a complete band - that's the ideal state of things. But solo, I just prefer David. Unfortunately, Roger's voice just rubs me the wrong way the way he currently sings many songs to the extent that I find them hard to enjoy. That doesn't diminish his previous work to me at all, though.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #669
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Sixth effing row, yeah! And front row centre for the encore! It was pretty much the greatest show I've ever seen and will ever see. Unless Pink Floyd reform, of course. This video is even cooler, because you see the pig, Roger smiling at the pig, me screaming like a lunatic, and shouting ROGERRRRRR:

damn he played sheep


did he ever play careful with that axe....?

I'd love to hear that
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #670
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


Oh, it better be different in person as opposed to watching on a TV set.

There were definitely a few songs that they reworked to the detriment of the tune, but a few others they reworked that seemed better to me than the original version. I think that for me, there was also the added nostalgia element, since I started to like them when they were actually making music, as opposed to discovering them later in life.

The more I type in this thread, the more pissed I'm getting that I saw none of the day's acts.

they have been replaying all the performances at each location over and over.. I am sure you can catch what ya missed.. check the online feeds thru http://liveearth.msn.com
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #671
War Child
 
Butterscotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 716
Local Time: 04:31 PM
I know this must have been asked by now but I can't find it. Why didn't u2 do this show? You would think it'd be right up their alley.
__________________
Butterscotch is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #672
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


Roger is great...but I've always been a David fan




My three favorite guitarists ever:

Page
Edge
Gilmour

__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #673
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Butterscotch
I know this must have been asked by now but I can't find it. Why didn't u2 do this show? You would think it'd be right up their alley.

Bono cares more for the starving children of Africa...not the earth

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #674
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
*browneyedgirl*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: clueless
Posts: 3,692
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


Yes. No reason they can't make some dubs of what aired for me, techincally, at least.
alright you crazy train watcher
__________________
*browneyedgirl* is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #675
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


My three favorite guitarists ever:

Page
Edge
Gilmour



__________________

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
 

Tags
live earth

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com