Live Earth on the Mall in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angelordevil said:

I'll contemplate that as I drift off to sleep. A psychic singer would be interesting...he/she could dictate the setlist based on a quick emotional read of the crowd :up:

Sleep well, and report back tomorrow with your official, dream-aided verdict.

ntalwar said:
Dave K. and Snowy use different guitars than Gilmour, so the tone might be a bit off. A lot of hard core PF fans nickname David Kilminster "David Gilmourinster" - that's how awesome he is.

Doesn't mean they're right. ;) From the small sampling I heard tonight, there's no comparison, imo.

No spoken words said:

Ha. No, but, the concert was at Wrigley Field, so I was surrounded by....wait for it......grass! Ba-dum-dum.

I do have a friend who loves to pretend to be insane, and when I did move to Redondo Beach a few years ago, his first question was not about the apartment, or neighborhood, it was if I realized that I was leaving myself wide open for a nautical attack. Ah, the company I keep. :)

Those lake assaults can be scary. :sad:

VintagePunk said:

Doesn't mean they're right. ;) From the small sampling I heard tonight, there's no comparison, imo.

Maybe it came across on tv like that, but I've heard it live and on bootlegs - he is truly amazing.

ntalwar said:
Dave K. and Snowy use different guitars than Gilmour, so the tone might be a bit off. A lot of hard core PF fans nickname David Kilminster "David Gilmourinster" - that's how awesome he is.

Hell, even Roger accidentally introduced him as Dave Gilminster once! Dave K. is great, I agree, just about as close as anyone could ever get to replicating David Gilmour.

God, at least he's better than Doyle "I Love Myself To Bits" Bramhall II from the In The Flesh tour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sexkWwFtgko

No spoken words said:

Sleep well, and report back tomorrow with your official, dream-aided verdict.

Dream-aided :drool:

But, sometimes I can't remember my dreams :(

I'm just watching some of the other performances. Kasabian were pretty good live. Bloc Party much better...and I'm starting an official fund to get Keane supplied with guitars :tsk:

I havta laugh at all these rock stars telling us to take public transportation and not go on business trips, or to take a car instead of a plane. How much fucking energy could be saved if each band cancelled their next world tours? LOL :giggle:

No spoken words said:
Fucking shit, I like Bloc Party and Kasabian a lot. I must get a hold of this concert.

Bloc Party were great. Kele made them do the wave around Wembley!

ntalwar said:

:yikes: I'm glad we didn't have to suffer through that :wink:.

You and me both. :lol: I love the ITF DVD, it's great, but every time I see Doylieboy's face and his stupid necklace I have this overwhelming urge to punch something. Dave K was a VERY welcome replacement. He's awesome.

GibsonGirl said:

Bloc Party were great. Kele made them do the wave around Wembley!

I liked that! That was the first time I'd seen them live...pretty great :up:

I'll be starting a similar wave around Mile One for the White Stripes :hyper:

angelordevil said:

I was just going to ask if you had a connection to the internet :lol: :yawn:

The UK concert is here: http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts/UK

I'm getting the sense it'll all be archived for a while, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding stuff :up:

I do have a connection, go figure. :)

My computer just has issues when it comes to streaming and such.

I'll try the link, though. Thanks!

No spoken words said:

My computer just has issues when it comes to streaming and such.

If streaming is an issue, you may find over the next few days that people will have certain performances available for download on blogs, and such. There's also the torrent route, which probably has things already from today.

I'm too sleepy now, but if I come across any files tomorrow, I'll PM you.

angelordevil said:

If streaming is an issue, you may find over the next few days that people will have certain performances available for download on blogs, and such. There's also the torrent route, which probably has things already from today.

I'm too sleepy now, but if I come across any files tomorrow, I'll PM you.

That'd be great, thanks so much!

ntalwar said:

:ohmy: we're famous - lol. Nice - way to go!

I'd post the high five smiley, but I hate it. :wink: That's one of the things I love most about the whole band. They always acknowledge the fans, even if it's something as small as putting up a video or a photo on their sites.

GibsonGirl said:

That's one of the things I love most about the whole band. They always acknowledge the fans, even if it's something as small as putting up a video or a photo on their sites.

And from AFG, it appears they even invite some fans on their private plane :wink:. I saw that Dave also linked my Chicago Sheep video - :yikes: the audio's not great on that one.

Watched a lot on TV and on TiVo that recorded from 4:00am-11:00am PST. Not thru it all. Still missed some artists like Duran Duran and Chris Cornell (who I will be seeing live on Wednesday :hyper: ) Luckily with the TiVo I could pass thru a lot of crap, like Shakira :yuck:

Only caught a few songs of Madonna (Ray of Light, Hung Up) :up:

Pretty good performances overall :up: Listening to some rebroadcasts online now

Wow, I'm grumpy today. Stayed up until 4 a. m. to watch the randomly compiled concert "highlights" on our lame-ass national television. It was bad. No Madonna, no Police, no Lenny Kravitz, no Bon Jovi (not that I care about them much), no Duran Duran, no whatsoever interesting act with a few exceptions. Alicia Keys was quite awsome, she has a great voice and a lot of energy. Katie Melua was very sweet. Foo Fighters and Metallica rocked. RHCP were okay. Shakira great voice but lame show. Genesis were old and boring, and they showed so many forgettable and embarrassing teenie acts like the Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Akon (WTF?) ... HORRIBLE. I guess it's off to You Tube for me now to see the rest.
I don't know, Live 8 was so much better, many more class acts, better overall concept. U2 were right to keep away from this.

I watched the Aussie show yesterday and saw most of the main acts from around the world today.
For me, the absolute highlight of them all was the Foo Fighters, followed closely by Wolfmother and I enjoyed Roger Waters. It was also special to see Cat Stevens perform again.

Most over rated was The Police and biggest bore was Crowded House. I watched their first song and then walked away from both of them .... borrrrring

I couldn't make heads or tails of Bravo's coverage. Why did they keep repeating acts? :huh:

I was going to tape the NBC coverage before heading out, but then taped the rest of the CNBC coverage, since it appeared they would be showing acts I hadn't yet seen after Madonna's set. We'll see how that pans out as I sit down to watch it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom