Live Earth on the Mall in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

Agreed, he should have closed the show. The Police sound good, but the three of them combined don't have the showmanship of Roger.

well it's no surprise that you would agree GG:wink:

Slipstream said:
So what have they been showing in the US, I'm totally confused? In Canada they've had the entire thing live all day.

Nothing, really.

I've had to watch this on TV, now Bravo, NBC, CNBC, watching it on and off and I got to see the Beastie Boys and Smashing Pumpkins finally :drool: and then the Police and Roger Waters, I haven't seen yet :drool: :combust:

America has all kinds of options: there was live coverage during the afternoon, and replays now on CNBC and Bravo, and the NBC network is showing a three-hour highlights show as we speak. Plus the live stream on MSN.

The livestream has been great, great sound, resolution is ok, and I had no problems with the buffering

ive had live stream off msn since is started in australia , and i can choose which venue i want to watch. very very awesome !!!!!!!!! and its showing replays of all the venues now too.... might go back for some more metallica that kicked arse .

YAY, Madonna's on west coast CNBC right now. I was worried I'd miss her before going out in about an hour.

YAY! :love: her.

Slipstream said:
So what have they been showing in the US, I'm totally confused? In Canada they've had the entire thing live all day.

It is on three channels. NBC has a recap special with one song per artist. Bravo is showing entire sets but with VJ and with delays to keep the audience until the end of the broadcast. Then Sundance is should a lot of delayed sets with a million shorts films. :(

mysterious_jen said:
ive had live stream off msn since is started in australia , and i can choose which venue i want to watch. very very awesome !!!!!!!!! and its showing replays of all the venues now too.... might go back for some more metallica that kicked arse .

yeah:drool: :drool: that menu bar below it's the best thing

GibsonGirl said:
ROGER IS SO FUCKING COOL

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The PIG! :love:

That was seriously great!! :drool:

He really won the crowd over...they were entranced!

U2DMfan said:

Yeah, I am.

My only point was, this concert is accomplishing nothing.

It's making me think more. Like GG mentioned, it's EVERYWHERE on TV today. Canada :love:

Kudos to all the performers for having the balls to care in an age of cynicism :up:

I know it's made a difference to me. Just an hour ago, I went around and turned on all the lights and appliances in my apartment, then gunned the engine in my car for fifteen minutes straight!

Oh, wait ...

Slipstream said:

Wow that was awesome! I'm getting the dvd just for those four songs...I'm fuckin blow away.

Roger Waters should have closed the show I was thinking too. The pig, the kids, an iconic song...it's obvious.

Same here! This is going to be like how I only bought the Live 8 DVD for U2 and Pink Floyd. :lol:

From what I've seen of The Police so far, I definitely think the performances should have been switched around. silvrlvr has a point though, people would have been all "who the fuck is Roger Waters?" Screw the people though. :mad:

corianderstem said:
I know it's made a difference to me. Just an hour ago, I went around and turned on all the lights and appliances in my apartment, then gunned the engine in my car for fifteen minutes straight!

Oh, wait ...

:lmao:

corianderstem said:

Oh, wait ...

:lol:

GibsonGirl said:

Same here! This is going to be like how I only bought the Live 8 DVD for U2 and Pink Floyd. :lol:

From what I've seen of The Police so far, I definitely think the performances should have been switched around. silvrlvr has a point though, people would have been all "who the fuck is Roger Waters?" Screw the people though. :mad:

LOL! More like "screw the network execs. "

Today has convinced me to buy new lightbulbs and a Roger Waters CD.

corianderstem said:

Oh, wait ...

seriousthread.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom