Live Earth on the Mall in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A suicide truck bomber blasted a Shiite town north of Baghdad on Saturday, killing more than 100 people, police said, in a sign Sunni insurgents are pulling away from a U.S. offensive around the capital to attack where security is thinner.

No Etheridge on Bravo in the east, just that incessant American Express ad with Marty Scorcese. And my live stream is still echoing...

U2DMfan said:
A suicide truck bomber blasted a Shiite town north of Baghdad on Saturday, killing more than 100 people, police said, in a sign Sunni insurgents are pulling away from a U.S. offensive around the capital to attack where security is thinner.

they blow up people every fucking day. can i go back to enjoying the concert now?

now 3 radios are with this thing, one of them showing the "highlights"

and listening to XUXA right now :heart: !!!

U2DMfan said:
Is there a soul among the Intereference universe who thinks this could rival Live 8?

I don't think so.

Well...it was the London lineup that really made it for Live 8. Philly Live 8 was only slightly better overall than Live Earth in Jersey...although the final 3 on Live Earth blows Philly Live 8 away.

Anyway, I flew across the ocean for London Live 8 while I didn't bother going across the river for Live Earth at Giants so that tells you what my preference is. :)

mysterious_jen said:

they blow up people every fucking day. can i go back to enjoying the concert now?

Yeah, I am.

My only point was, this concert is accomplishing nothing.

I don't wan't to be the naysayer.
I guess part of me wants to glorify Live 8.
What a great spectacle that was.

This event is thin on results.

It's fun to watch in any event.

Madonna is the shit.

i think a few people have changed their light bulbs and will put their recycling out .
but they will still drive their SUV's and eat mcdonalds.

untill we cut the fucking government off at the knees it wont do shit.

U2DMfan said:

Yeah, I am.

My only point was, this concert is accomplishing nothing.

I don't wan't to be the naysayer.
I guess part of me wants to glorify Live 8.
What a great spectacle that was.

This event is thin on results.

It's fun to watch in any event.

Madonna is the shit.

so Live Earth was about Iraq? what do this concerts have to do with Iraq??

just enjoy the shows for what they are comparing them with Live 8 is pointless, I was there in London two years ago and that isn't stopping me from enjoying this concert, hell this the first saturday I been in my house all day for god knows how long

Mofo said:

so Live Earth was about Iraq? what do this concerts have to do with Iraq??

just enjoy the shows for what they are comparing them with Live 8 is pointless, I was there in London two years ago and that isn't stopping me from enjoying this concert, hell this the first saturday I been in my house all day for god knows how long

The point is, to try and make a change in the world.

What or how do these concerts expect to make a change in the world?

It's not about Iraq, of course, the point is, if you want to grab ahold of the conscience of people, in this day and era, maybe you should have something quite concrete. In case I might show you deaths, how can you alleviate them, it's cause and effect.

In this era, we lose soldiers and innocent citizens for no good reason, so what measures can you help us to ensure that this doesnt happen again? What about global climate change?
Where are the facts? What can help us save lives?
If we are here, we are trying to preserve the planet and lives.

These answers are quite crap at this point.
You tell me what I can do to help.
These answers aren't very good at this point.
That's what I am saying.

Last edited:
Stupid US television...:mad: Roger will be on soon, but not soon enough. :madspit:

BTW, I'm not attracted to Madonna, but something about the way she worked that guitar in Ray of Light...:drool: :drool: :drool:

Roger Waters was absolutely incredible and I was practically in tears it was so amazing. Wow!! Awesome.

As you can tell I'm a Floyd fan.

xaviMF22 said:

he looked amazing!! :drool:

Yeah! I had NO idea he'd sing Money. Usually Dave Kilminster sings it. It was so awesome. I'm buying the DVD just for that whole performance. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom