Live Aid DVD coming in November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
Found this on Robert Plants site. Sounds good. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Live Aid DVD Due in November

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The historic 1985 Live Aid concert will finally be released on DVD in the fall. Earlier this year, the Band Aid Trust agreed to auction the global rights for the concerts for the first time, after pirated copies were found for sale on the Internet.

Warner Vision International won the bidding and has set a Nov. 10 release date for a four-disc DVD package. The iconic Live Aid, held at London's Wembley and Philadelphia's JFK Stadium, raised more than $70 million for famine relief in Africa. Among the acts that performed were U2, Bob Dylan with Keith Richards and Ron Wood, David Bowie, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Queen, and the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin. The DVDs will feature a documentary, "Food, Trucks & Rock'n'Roll," plus performances from related Live Aid events around the world.

"Twenty years ago they not only played 'real good for free,' they took an issue that was nowhere on the agenda of the political world and placed it at the very top," said concert organizer Bob Geldof. "By buying the Live Aid DVD, that day continues far off into some distant but hopefully better future for all those people in whose name those great artists played."

Don't know how much of the Zeppelin appearance will be on the DVD, hopefully the sound will be good. It wasn't their best performance but maybe a remix might help it out. It's hard to believe it's been over 19 years since Live Aid. Will they cut out those MTV VJs that were all over the broadcast.

KhanadaRhodes said:
will it actually be the whole concert or just "highlights?" if it's the latter... :|

i wanna see all of U2...okay, and duran duran and power station.

I would assume and hope it would be the whole thing being that it's a 4 disc package.

Back
Top Bottom