Live 8 Vote Who was the best on the day? Vote now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:
Everyone here seems to love Pink Floyd, but I missed their set. Reviews of it were NOT kind at all - calling them out of place and behind the times. :shrug:

i'm obviously in a minority on this site, but that description perfectly summed them up to me, dinosaurs, and Christ, how that drummer stayed alive throughout the set i'll never know, but as i say, each to their own, and for some reason they seem really popular, can't understand how people who follow U2 so keenly, can also appreciate that kind of dirge

Isn't this something we'll have to put up with for the next few months at least, Pink Floyd I thought are notorious for having an incredibly organised fan base that vote for them in these things regardless of what is and thus their impact and influence on music gets grossly exagerated.
I'm shocked that anyone voted for Mariah and that REM aren't doing better.
Personally U2 aside, I thought Madonna was far and away the best performer on the day.

After watching the broadcast all over again ...
I'd like to add in a close second place would be The Who !! :bow:
Pete Townshend was absolutely rocking ... :scream:
So-ooo bad that he was acting like a crazed lunatic !! :applaud:
So-ooo Cool !! :wink:

I was lucky enough to be 10ft from stage (dead centre) and for me seeing Floyd with Roger Waters was possibly the most moving experience i've ever had at a gig.I've seen them six times (now seven) before(4 times on Momentary lapse,2 Division bell)and i would trade all six previous gigs for those Twenty-odd minutes at Live-8.Possibly the whole emotion of the day added to the moment but when Waters started his vocal on 'Wish you were here' i was shaking uncontrolably.The Who were mega also.

Back
Top Bottom