Live 8 'Golden circle' ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dancingcat

The Fly
This morning i've recieved 2 Golden circle tickets for Live 8 from a competition i entered from 'The Sun'.Does anyone know what they are exactly?i've Googled it a couple of times but i'm still none the wiser.The tickets don't have a gate number on.

No problem.On the back it says ticket can not be exchanged or money refunded so The Sun must have bought them.I thought all the tickets were free!

dancingcat:
how lucky are you? I entered where I could, but got nothing! Well done - looking forward to your report

Golden Circle, I think I read, allows you to be up front, or closer than the rest of the crowd. :drool: :applaud: I think the Golden Circle are the high rollers/corporate sponsor tickets.

(you may want to try and google it to confirm)

Lila64 said:
Golden Circle, I think I read, allows you to be up front, or closer than the rest of the crowd. :drool: :applaud: I think the Golden Circle are the high rollers/corporate sponsor tickets.

(you may want to try and google it to confirm)
I think your right.I've just heard that it is the only section that will be selling booze!Proberbly about £20 a pint!

Many thanks Lila,it makes more sence now.I think i've been really lucky to get these considering i already had an option on 2 normal tickets

That golden circle was huge. I dont know why some people slept over in the normal queue because you still end up nowhere near the stage when you get in anyway.

What a great show it was though. Brilliant day, I hope it actually has some affect on things.

Just got back an hour ago (had to sleep in Kings Cross station).The tickets were front of stage( picked a spot centre 10ft back)IMO The Who blew everyone else off stage Floyd were a close 2nd taking into account the sentimental reunion(By the way the body language was strange to say the least between Gilmour and Waters.Appearing from differen't sides of stage amongst other things.Gilmour seemed to be going through the motions and spending more time relating with the session guitarist and backing singer,however the other 3 were really into it.Musically they were faultless and maybe i was looking to closely to see there reactions to each other,but who wouldn't?U2 were perfect to open it and as it was running 3 hours late ,rumours started to surface of them coming back to close.(everyone started trying to calculate the time difference in Vienna!)

Back
Top Bottom