Live 8 acts that should have been there...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Bloc Party
Athlete
Arcade Fire
Radiohead
Oasis
Pearl Jam

Pretty much all these have opened or are related to U2 in some form, I'm curious why they never went along?

On balance this will probably end up in B&C, but I don't want to tell the mods how to suck eggs. :)

I personally would've (as the crowd would have, I imagine) enjoyed the brief indulgence of Tim & Neil Finn. :drool:

(Typical of me I know, but who doesn't love a bit of Weather With You in a stadium :drool: )

^Stilll can't get over how many times the Quo keep cropping up in Corrie these days.

Oasis should have definitely been there.

Hilary Duff! :rockon:

She would have fit perfectly between Black Eyed Peas and Destiny's Child :rolleyes: /sarcasm

There were alot of bands I wish had performed. Too bad most of everything in the Philly concert was for the teenage girl MTV department.

I really would have liked to have seen Radiohead, but they had their reasons I guess.

The Rolling Stones
Pearl Jam
BRUUUUUUUUCE
David Bowie (no one can hear enough of HEROES... especially that day)

Bob Dylan

I enjoyed seeing Sting, but I would have liked to have seen Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland perform with him.

Live 8 was so-ooo incredible seeing Pink Floyd and The Who reunite and if The Police would have performed ... it would have been even more incredible.

:bow: :bow:

I, too, would of also enjoyed summers & copeland along with sting.

most of the mentioned are good choices: radiohead, bruce, pearl jam, dylan, bowie, pearl jam, stones, morrissey:wink:, arcade fire, interpol etc..

Powderfinger would have fit well especially if they sung Roll Right By You.

Bob Dylan would have fit well especially if he sung anything.

I have to say Bowie first. I was acctually really expecting him to be there.

Who else? I think Radiohead SHOULD have been there, but they appearantly have their collective heads so far up their own asses that they can't sacrifice their foux obscurity to lend their incredible talents to the most epic charity event of the past two decades.

Oh yeah, and while I'm ranting, Radiohead, you guys better give me some "real" f**king songs on your next album! I've had enough of this Backdrifts, Gloaming, THe RayNEdRoPs, Teeh RAINDrops!boop!!!boop! shit! :mad:

ok, whoo, rant over. :wink:

^^I thought it was because Jonny and his wife have had a baby, and thats why they couldn't make it to live 8.

xaviMF22 said:
^^I thought it was because Jonny and his wife have had a baby, and thats why they couldn't make it to live 8.

Well, if that's the reason, than I take back the Live 8 statement.

The rest of my rant, however still stands. :yes:

queen.
probably would bother some folk without freddy, but i reckon it would have been cool anyway.

David Bowie would have been good, Queen too, but I don't think it would have seemed right without Freddie :huh:

I was really peeved, one of my fav bands Muse was meant to be performing in London but then did Paris instead...
I'll have to buy it on DVD so I can watch their performance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom