Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen any funny place names in Bosnia?
not really, i mean there's a place called jajce which is pronoucned yaytse. and a place called jablanica (yablanitsa) and then there's the place called visoko where there may or may not be pyramids, no joke bosnian pyramids, like the mayans and egyptians.

Oh yes!

Now, firstly, just for my own self-respect, this is what I normally look like, for anybody who doesn't know.

s640x480

And from back when I was 18 ...

AndrHasPurpleHair.jpg
but i am let down. i feel like somehow somehwere i have already seen that picture.

still it is pretty fabulous.

but i am let down. i feel like somehow somehwere i have already seen that picture.

still it is pretty fabulous.

Well, it does appear in a 2005 LiveJournal entry. Have you been stalking my LJ? :lol:

not really, i mean there's a place called jajce which is pronoucned yaytse. and a place called jablanica (yablanitsa) and then there's the place called visoko where there may or may not be pyramids, no joke bosnian pyramids, like the mayans and egyptians.

Hah, those are some pretty cool place names. And yeah, I've heard of the pyramid thing, though I was under the impression it had pretty much been debunked by now.

I'm really interested in this last one. Do you know more-or-less how old the pyramids are? There's a few 'pyramids' in the Peloponnesos in Greece so I'm wondering if they could be related.

EPIC WIN!

I'd be careful if I were you: you're the one person here right now who I could easily hit with my cane!

And before you say "pfft, I knowz teh marshall artz", shall I remind you that you're the one who educated me about the dangers of carbon fibre splinters?

I come on the thread and am greeted with purple-haired Axver. And I haven't been drinking this time, so I'm betting that's an actual picture. Wow.

For the record, the last thing I remember of Friday night was demanding "averx" bring me a beer. The rest is LS archive history.

Hah, those are some pretty cool place names. And yeah, I've heard of the pyramid thing, though I was under the impression it had pretty much been debunked by now.
well some bosnians believe it and some don't. i am not sure about the scholarly world. in september when i am back in bosnia i might visit the pyramids, or i might not. i will probably go to jajce.

I'd be careful if I were you: you're the one person here right now who I could easily hit with my cane!

And before you say "pfft, I knowz teh marshall artz", shall I remind you that you're the one who educated me about the dangers of carbon fibre splinters?

:lol: Yeah, there is that. Just remember, I have a fan and you don't!

(from some guy on teh interwebz) Yes they can be dangerous. Whether it is the carbon fibre or the resin with which it is impregnated the trapping of splinters under the skin can cause the growth of aberrant cartilage in an attempt by the body to isolate the splinter. There was a horrendous picture posted on the 'net a few years ago illustrating this. I'll see if I can hunt the picture down and post a link if I can find it.

I'm really interested in this last one. Do you know more-or-less how old the pyramids are? There's a few 'pyramids' in the Peloponnesos in Greece so I'm wondering if they could be related.
i dunno, the bosnians are kinda excited about it, there are basically 2 geometrical hills of the same size, they now have treeson them but they may once have been intentionally sculpted pyramids.

Just looking through the master list of locations: User:SP-KP/ToDo/salvage2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some I'd like to go to:
- Monster, Netherlands
- No Place, County Durham
- River Piddle, Devon
- Rum Jungle, Northern Territory
- Shittlehope, County Durham
- What Cheer, Iowa

Fuck, County Durham is a goldmine! We've done Pity Me already, and we've got to do both Shittlehope and No Place.

Okay, so that 'pyramid' has almost nothing in common with the Kehrion Pyramid. I have no idea what the verdict on it is, though.

Wonder if it could be the work of Illyrians - if anything like that can be proven, interest in them might increase.

I come on the thread and am greeted with purple-haired Axver. And I haven't been drinking this time, so I'm betting that's an actual picture. Wow.

For the record, the last thing I remember of Friday night was demanding "averx" bring me a beer. The rest is LS archive history.

Hey Reggo! :wave:

Yep, very real picture, I'm afraid.

I do hope you remember typing with your "bobos", since I think that's passed into Superthread folklore now! :lol:

well some bosnians believe it and some don't. i am not sure about the scholarly world. in september when i am back in bosnia i might visit the pyramids, or i might not. i will probably go to jajce.

What I've read has been skeptical, but it was a while ago. I can see why locals would like to believe it.

And hey, very close to that new thread now!

Hey Reggo! :wave:

Yep, very real picture, I'm afraid.

I do hope you remember typing with your "bobos", since I think that's passed into Superthread folklore now! :lol:
:doh: Wow. Well, I am accepting my behaviour from that night, whatever it was. :lol: Mostly cause I have text messages to Derek to live down, which I didn't save, but he did. And guess who was too drunk to remember what she said?

:doh: Wow. Well, I am accepting my behaviour from that night, whatever it was. :lol: Mostly cause I have text messages to Derek to live down, which I didn't save, but he did. And guess who was too drunk to remember what she said?

Have you seen pahana phanan's signature? You must read over the thread; it was total hilarity. My drunkposting looks piss-weak in comparison. :lol:

And haha, now he's got something to blackmail you with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom