Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone who said hi

see ax i'm not gonna be very good for pushing into a new thread cause i am distracted by other tasks i have to do on this slow ass internet. like getting the address for the hostel i booked in dubrovnik, right now, before i forget again.

If U-Wen doesn't pike, maybe we'll manage to get there soon!

What sort of connection is it? Some form of broadband at least?

Hey, was it just me, or did anyone else watch Narnia: Prince Caspian and see it as a thinly disguised allegory about the Crusades and how wonderful militant Christianity is? In fact, the entire Narnia series is like that...

I had to reach my late 20s to discover that The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was bible related. Howver, seeing as I've never read the bible and slept through high school (where I had to read said Narnia book), I feel I have a valid excuse...
:shifty:

The same arguments arose when the first Narnia movie was released. You wouldn't expect this from me but personally I think people should just enjoy the goddamn movie. There are still a lot of people that don't get the Aslan/Christ connection, but it may be more blatant in Prince Caspian.

:lol: :wave:

The same arguments arose when the first Narnia movie was released. You wouldn't expect this from me but personally I think people should just enjoy the goddamn movie. There are still a lot of people that don't get the Aslan/Christ connection, but it may be more blatant in Prince Caspian.

See, I found the religious themes a bit too overt in the first movie. It was distracting.

Plus it just wasn't a very good movie. I only saw it because my friends on the Gold Coast wanted to. I'd have chosen something else but it was one of me versus four of them. I don't intend to see this second one.

Fair enough. Problem I had with it was that it really jumped out at me (I mean, as a theologian and as a psychologist I'm trained to look for and find hidden meanings in things, etc) and just ruined the whole movie for me.

Plus, the book Prince Caspian > movie Prince Caspian x 100000000000000000000000000.

I was gonna leave, then I figured since it's been ages, I may as well stick around till the end of this thread at least.

Yep, I'm in NSW. Kinda in Sydney, but in reality nowhere near it. I live in some one horse town in the middle of nowehere. We moved here about 4 weeks ago. It's great!

I figured these threads would rope in somebody stuck in NSW one of these days. I feel sorry for you. :hug:

Until recently, it really was just the Melbourne crowd, plus Bonnie in SA! Now there's you, and Eazy-V up in Queensland. What next, a Tasmanian? Do they even have the Internet there, or is it too 21st century?

See, I found the religious themes a bit too overt in the first movie. It was distracting.

Plus it just wasn't a very good movie. I only saw it because my friends on the Gold Coast wanted to. I'd have chosen something else but it was one of me versus four of them. I don't intend to see this second one.

OMG ASLAN DIES AND GETS RESURRECTED! WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE????

Yes, I've seen the movie maybe four times (don't know how that happened), and I've certainly noticed the religious tones since the first viewing. Hard to miss. There's bloody Father Christmas in it, for one thing!

I watched it once at Church though, so obviously it didn't fly past too many people. Besides, I liked the book when I was younger.

I figured these threads would rope in somebody stuck in NSW one of these days. I feel sorry for you. :hug:

Until recently, it really was just the Melbourne crowd, plus Bonnie in SA! Now there's you, and Eazy-V up in Queensland. What next, a Tasmanian? Do they even have the Internet there, or is it too 21st century?

I thought they had messenger pigeons? And for computers they just had Asian geeks with thick glasses reciting numbers?

(HAHA I CAN SAY THAT WITHOUT IT BEING RACIST LOL)

They're still stuck further back in the 19th century than we are. Possibly being genocidal.

No, for real my aunty is a Green politician in Hobart. A refreshing left on a family that's otherwise quite conservative.

I was gonna leave, then I figured since it's been ages, I may as well stick around till the end of this thread at least.

Awesome stuff. :up:

It's been too long. The threads were feeling strange without V. I even sent up a U-Wen Signal along with a bunch of other signal flares a few nights ago. The Jen Signal worked!

This was the U-Wen Signal I used:

V_taking_a_bow.jpg

I've spent enough time in both Vic and QLD to know I am right where I belong :D Besides which, Melbourne and Sydney compared, both have rather shitty aspects and both have appealing qualities. I'd rather skip any large centre and stick to the interesting outer areas anyway!

:hermit:

Awesome stuff. :up:

It's been too long. The threads were feeling strange without V. I even sent up a U-Wen Signal along with a bunch of other signal flares a few nights ago. The Jen Signal worked!

This was the U-Wen Signal I used:

V_taking_a_bow.jpg

I've been hopping on and off, but never really staying on for long enough to post anything, just scanning EYKIW and going "oh, same boring rubbish".

Cool signal though!

hhahahha no. it is definitely dial up. ok maybe some slow slow slow form of broadband.

speaking of, the computer and it's windows 2000 are too ghetto to read the damn map. could someone for the love of god make this into a jpg for me YH Dubrovnik - karteGradova.com

I thought they had messenger pigeons? And for computers they just had Asian geeks with thick glasses reciting numbers?

(HAHA I CAN SAY THAT WITHOUT IT BEING RACIST LOL)

Tasmania hasn't discovered Asia yet. YOU DON'T EXIST TO THEM.

They're still stuck further back in the 19th century than we are. Possibly being genocidal.

No, for real my aunty is a Green politician in Hobart. A refreshing left on a family that's otherwise quite conservative.

Well, at least it means the Tasmanian Aborigines haven't died out yet, right?

And ooh, that's cool. :up:

Dubbo!! :love: We're planning a weekend out there one day. Dubbo, you might be interested to know, is the place in my avatar. Except of course it's impossible to tell, being a Mombassa work and well, painted. :D

Oh, awesome! I went there when I was like six, and it was one of the highlights of a drive from Yorke Peninsula to Queensland. Dangerous, long holidays during the mid 90s rock. :happy:

I had no idea what your avatar was, so thanks for telling! What is the significance of the work to you?

I've spent enough time in both Vic and QLD to know I am right where I belong :D Besides which, Melbourne and Sydney compared, both have rather shitty aspects and both have appealing qualities. I'd rather skip any large centre and stick to the interesting outer areas anyway!

:hermit:

My brief visits to Sydney have done little to dissuade me of the idea that it is really just Queensland (aka Hell) with the furnace turned slightly down. I love Melbourne though, at least most of it. Frankston does not exist to me, except as a butt of jokes.

I prefer the smaller towns too, actually, but that's just not realistic at the moment, what with university and the fact that the trams in the inner suburbs give me an independence of travel that I don't have elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom