Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounds tempting :hmm:
I would panic every month that I was pregnant and be bulk buying tests when really I'd just been eating too much and that's why I gained weight :doh:
well, you don't panic because it is a pretty damn failsafe contraceptive, which is why i got it. and my obgyn did say that if i am among the lucky ones, i do have to get a pregnancy test the first time it stops, just to be sure, as the rare, rare iuc pregnancy is quite possibly ectopic.

Given my third form m4d m4ths ski11z, any mathematical joke ought to go right over my head.

See, I was good at maths. I just found it intolerably boring. Especially doing 20,000 textbook questions for the same fucking formula. Yes, I got it nailed by about the fifth question, thanks.

wow i have neglected this thread

EVERYBODY has. Last night, I slept for 7 hours and THIRTY posts were made in that time. :down:

It'd be cool if we could push on to a new thread while you're here though, so that you can make one.

i was actually put off by maths really early by a teacher who degraded you and shouted at you if you didnt get it right, which made me fake being sick to stay home and avoid maths then i missed more maths and sucked more at it .

EVERYBODY has. Last night, I slept for 7 hours and THIRTY posts were made in that time. :down:

It'd be cool if we could push on to a new thread while you're here though, so that you can make one.
well i had not posted in a solid half hour, not that i missed anything

i doubt we can get to a new thread in the next 1.5 hours. sometime i will time it right, just maybe.

i was actually put off by maths really early by a teacher who degraded you and shouted at you if you didnt get it right, which made me fake being sick to stay home and avoid maths then i missed more maths and sucked more at it .

I liked most of my maths teachers, and did have an extremely hot tutor for two years.

I was just too thick to ever be great at it, but I did enough to get out of school with whatever amount of maths I needed.

The fuck? Wow, that's bad. I had this one teacher who was the stereotypical stern German and he sucked all the life out of the class, but that was the worst. I got a couple of teachers who genuinely loved mathematics and tried to pass their enthusiasm onto us, but by that point it was too late. My interests were elsewhere and I quit maths - ostensibly everybody was meant to do maths until the end of grade 12, but I found a loophole in the rules and exploited it. I was the only person at the school who ever got out of maths! :lol:

:lol: you can if it's set really low. You wake up soon enough in a pile of sweat if you forget to turn it down :reject:

On that lovely note, I'm going to make my tea. :sad::wave:

Yeah, the one time I accidentally did it, it was on high and I woke up at about 3am thinking I was about to cook myself and the bed. Luckily nothing more than a thick coat of sweat resulted. When I was little, my mother liked to tell a horror story about melting stuff from leaving an electric blanket on ...

Have a good one! :wave:

well i had not posted in a solid half hour, not that i missed anything

i doubt we can get to a new thread in the next 1.5 hours. sometime i will time it right, just maybe.

Damnit, 300 posts to go. In 90 minutes, that's ... over a post every 20 seconds. Damn, with the current level of thread liveliness, I doubt we could do that even with a solid picspam.

My maths teachers in high school:

Third form: A teacher who was funnier with mannerisms and the way he talked to us than was a good teacher, but was still a good teacher. Absolutely brilliant class.
Fourth form: One cool teacher who left after the first term. Replaced by a former NZ Weightlifting representative (I think he won a Commonwealth games medal) who was unintentionally funny.
Fifth form: Some dick. I just paid some attention and did enough to scrape through.
Sixth form: Some dick. But a bunch of us just went to class for laughs.
Seventh form: :wave:

Once every 20 seconds is hopeful as our fastest with another 10 people.

If it was an AIM chat, we could maybe manage that.

I think our record in 1.5 hours is something like 400-500 back in Beer. That really fucking moved.

But one day in the next couple of weeks before university goes back, we should go through with the idea of getting everybody to show up at a specific time and see just how quickly we can knock off a thread. I reckon we can do a whole thread in 3 hours.

I think our record in 1.5 hours is something like 400-500 back in Beer. That really fucking moved.

But one day in the next couple of weeks before university goes back, we should go through with the idea of getting everybody to show up at a specific time and see just how quickly we can knock off a thread. I reckon we can do a whole thread in 3 hours.
noooooooo not without me

I like that idea.

Replaced by a former NZ Weightlifting representative (I think he won a Commonwealth games medal) who was unintentionally funny.

Oh god, this is hilarious in light of the Milo Kerrigan clips Bonnie shared last night.

some of us have to work you know :angry:
but I"ll be free all this week and weekend and next weekend too :wink:

some of us have to work you know :angry:
but I"ll be free all this week and weekend and next weekend too :wink:

I was thinking I'd plan it for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, so that most of the Aussie crowd can make it, while it would be a Friday or Saturday evening for the Americans. That should maximise attendance.

Wow. Even though I don't have an HD TV, I can see the difference between stuff filmed in HD and stuff that isn't. The league game I'm watching right now is being broadcast in HD and it looks a shitload better than normal league games I watch. I'm certain, anyway. The picture is a hell of a lot sharper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom