Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had five screwdrivers last night, Ian. I wanted to get rid of a bottle of vodka that's been in my bedroom for a while, you see.

Didn't effect my typing much, but if you go back I imagine it worked a treat as a truth serum.

Oh, by the way, it happened again. The same plane arrived twice while I was spotting at the airport :reject:

Nice going.

I tried to do some trainspotting on the Upfield line today, but something went horribly awry somewhere and the schedules were all fucked. At Moreland station, at 1:54pm, the 1:39 departure was due in five minutes, the 1:59 in 13 minutes, and the 2:19 in 42 minutes. Way to go, Connex and 20 minute frequencies! :happy:

What, you use the blood to make art like some people apparently do and post it?
Ew, no. But I do tend to talk about embarrassing and personal stuff.

Today's entry was a good one. A little TMI, but mostly funny. Last night I had two separate mishaps with a bottle of lube. First I accidentally kneeled on it, 'causing it to squirt out on the bed and smear onto my knee (the funniest part was that it was 'Good Head' flavoured lube, leading to a quip: "But I don't think it's supposed to go on my knees!") and then later, forgetting that I'd had it on my hands, I rubbed my eye, and ACK ACK IT BURNS!!!! Lube + eyes = BAD.

Ew, no. But I do tend to talk about embarrassing and personal stuff.

Today's entry was a good one. A little TMI, but mostly funny. Last night I had two separate mishaps with a bottle of lube. First I accidentally kneeled on it, 'causing it to squirt out on the bed and smear onto my knee (the funniest part was that it was 'Good Head' flavoured lube, leading to a quip: "But I don't think it's supposed to go on my knees!") and then later, forgetting that I'd had it on my hands, I rubbed my eye, and ACK ACK IT BURNS!!!! Lube + eyes = BAD.

I do hope I at least grossed Ian out with the thought. I once had this person on my friends list who was a rabid hyper-feminist who thought that ANYBODY grossed out by the thought of using menstrual blood for artwork simply had to be a terribly sexist individual. I recall some proclamation of it being "the most pure womanly expression" or something like that.

:lol: I'll keep that in mind in ten years when I finally get a girlfriend.

I do hope I at least grossed Ian out with the thought. I once had this person on my friends list who was a rabid hyper-feminist who thought that ANYBODY grossed out by the thought of using menstrual blood for artwork simply had to be a terribly sexist individual. I recall some proclamation of it being "the most pure womanly expression" or something like that.

:lol: I'll keep that in mind in ten years when I finally get a girlfriend.
Yeah, those are those crazy women who call it their 'moon time' and whatnot. They're nuts. The only good thing about having a period is that it means you're not pregnant. There is nothing at all pleasant about leaking blood and tissue for several days. Not to mention all the little aches, pains, mood swings, and laundry issues that go with it.

However, as far as weird feminist things go, Tampon Henge is pretty funny:

th7du5.jpg

Hurr hurr!

The joke had to be made. Plus I just resent grunge killing whatever chance non-hair metal ever had of going mainstream.

Truth be told, all I've ever heard of Nirvana has been on the radio and I haven't felt anything strongly enough about it positively or negatively to check out any of the albums.

The joke had to be made. Plus I just resent grunge killing whatever chance non-hair metal ever had of going mainstream.

Truth be told, all I've ever heard of Nirvana has been on the radio and I haven't felt anything strongly enough about it positively or negatively to check out any of the albums.

Eh, on reflection I definitely think they were one of the better grunge groups, and probably the most deserving of the position as the quintessential band of that era, but yeah, I wouldn't think you'd get anything out of their albums. I loved them when I was 14, though!

You would probably tolerate stuff like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and what have you, though. See, I think that sort of thing has aged terribly (though AiC were my favourite band once upon a time), but it's more influenced by metal.

Yeah, those are those crazy women who call it their 'moon time' and whatnot. They're nuts. The only good thing about having a period is that it means you're not pregnant. There is nothing at all pleasant about leaking blood and tissue for several days. Not to mention all the little aches, pains, mood swings, and laundry issues that go with it.

However, as far as weird feminist things go, Tampon Henge is pretty funny:

Clearly, Chass, you've just been brainwashed by the patriarchy and hate what it means to be a woman. :tsk:

:laugh: at Tampon Henge.

Clearly, Chass, you've just been brainwashed by the patriarchy and hate what it means to be a woman. :tsk:
Dude, the patriarchy had nothing to do with it. Having to carry roughly three and a half pounds of breasts on the front of my body every day since my mid teens has made me hate what it means to be a woman.

Eh, on reflection I definitely think they were one of the better grunge groups, and probably the most deserving of the position as the quintessential band of that era, but yeah, I wouldn't think you'd get anything out of their albums. I loved them when I was 14, though!

You would probably tolerate stuff like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and what have you, though. See, I think that sort of thing has aged terribly (though AiC were my favourite band once upon a time), but it's more influenced by metal.

I actually have a story about trying to play some Nirvana on guitar. When I was about nine, we had this school camp and one night was going to be a bit of a talent night. A couple of guys I knew decided to form a band and I joined in - problem was, we all wanted to play guitar, but we figured we'd somehow make it work. One of them really badly wanted to do Smells Like Teen Spirit and claimed he had the chords for it. I'm convinced what we rehearsed sounded about as much like Smells Like Teen Spirit as Viva Davidoff sounds like Last Train To Satansville. As it happened, both of them piked on me and I performed a somewhat improvised composition of my own making that I could play far more competently.

/random

Pearl Jam are meant to be grunge, right? Because what pisses me off about them is Eddie Vedder's vocals. If he were a better singer, I'd totally be into their music.

Dude, the patriarchy had nothing to do with it. Having to carry roughly three and a half pounds of breasts on the front of my body every day since my mid teens has made me hate what it means to be a woman.

Got to admit, I find this kind of amusing given your avatar, sig, etc.

Also, if a rabid hyper-feminist came in here right about now, I am sure lulz would ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom