Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks, I've a stupid government appointment to attend, and then groceries to buy. Hope you reach a new thread or something while I'm gone. Have a good one. :wave:

Albums for tonight:

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
The Who - Quadrophenia
Pixies - Doolittle
Passengers - Original Soundtracks 1

Yeah, a few weeks of holidays are good, but pushing past a month and it becomes tedious and ridiculous.

I'd thought that Bond's third semester thing was just worked into the summer holidays, though. I mean, Melbourne University does a summer semester itself, not that I've ever known anybody who's done it and the course selection looks shit.
It's no summer semester, it's just 3 sems a year.
Your post count indicates you don't like to party offline.
Well played.

pfan, you have just Won. Congrats. Doolittle = Top 5 albums (American division) of all time. Debaser is one of my all time favorite songs - FYI - it's based on the Salvador Dali film Un Chien Andalou which shows eyeballs being sliced up, but that's not important right now. What is important is the album. Listen. Learn. Start a band in homage to the Pixies. And never forget: Kim Deal is superior to most people.

You fucking need to be here more often. Also, I've gotten into a lot of Frusciante, much of it thanks to your reviews of his work.

1. Since I've Been Loving You
2. Immigrant Song
3. Out on the Tiles
4. Celebration Day
5. Friends

1. Since I've Been Loving You
2. Immigrant Song
3. Tangerine
4. Out on the Tiles
5. Gallows Pole

6. Celebration Day
7. Friends

I can't get into the Pixies much at all, outside of a few songs. Here Comes Your Man and Monkey Gone To Heaven are obviously awesome, both on Doolittle.

Quadrophenia is off to a great start. The Real Me and the title track are flying.

It does start off great. I just find the album slightly repetitive over the course of 90 minutes, which is why I rank it below Who's Next, Sell Out, and Live At Leeds.

OK folks, I've a stupid government appointment to attend, and then groceries to buy. Hope you reach a new thread or something while I'm gone. Have a good one. :wave:

oh my, you're leaving? i'm glad you leave to restock on food and stuff.

:lol:

your govt appointment sounds intriguing. :sexywink:

this thread has been dead for a while. the aussies will fix that tonight.

you're another one! hi there :wave: i'm anna. i'm an interloper to this thread. they can't get rid of me though :drool: plus, i bring presents. did you see my dunny map?

dunny map:
National Public Toilet Map
i feel a civic duty to spread the word. i'm going to write to my local member and tell them thanks for looking out for us all.
:heart:

Best song on Quadrophenia: 5:15. Musically, at least. Love, Reign O'er Me is the strongest lyrically.

The only complaint I heard from the guy who went with me to The Who show in '06 was that they didn't play 5:15.

I heard this album for the first time about four and a half years ago, and it was very overwhelming. Lyrically, the whole thing took me by surprise.

However, 5:15 kept me coming back. That song is so much fun, and brilliantly arranged.

I'm listening along with you, BTW. At the end of Cut My Hair, which is an awesome track.

dunny map:
i feel a civic duty to spread the word. i'm going to write to my local member and tell them thanks for looking out for us all.
The government usurped me. :grumpy: I was gonna write a guide to Oz's best public dunnies. Like don't go to Dimboola's public dunny :no: or Keith has a well situated dunny. There's a really good dunny near Mallacoota. I could go on....

you're another one! hi there :wave: i'm anna. i'm an interloper to this thread. they can't get rid of me though :drool: plus, i bring presents. did you see my dunny map?

dunny map:
HI. I'm Vince. I am a male human from the southern hemisphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom