Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, PFan's contribution is quality at least.

I'm just glad it's still thriving.

Although I've already gotten myself into an argument with a couple of folks who honestly believe that Achtung is "SUPPOSED to sound terrible!" :banghead:

:uhoh: ... oh dear. You must share, though.

Oh, necessarily.

183d704abe7.jpg

I will check them out the next time I get the chance. :)

Oh, I don't know a whole lot about it like, all nerdy or anything. But I know some stuff and it fascinates me a lot. The weather channel used to be what channel my tv would be on all the time. If it wasn't on one to let me play some kind of game of some sort! I am a gaming nerd too. Not so much these days but back in the day before I had internet, that's what I spent a lot of my time doing.
Back in school, my favourite subject was history. I liked Science alright until that Science teacher I mentioned. It was one of my best subjects but then I failed it a couple of times because of her. :huh:
I only had Geography in middle school and it took the place of history. We had geography one year, history the next. I really liked it but I didn't get enough time in there, I don't think, to really appreciate it.

That too! I've lost my ID several times (and as I type this...I'm not entirely sure where my ID is...I'm gonna need that on Sunday. :uhoh:) and it results in my tearing apart of the room, then organising again. But the second I lose something is when it becomes a mes once more because ya move things around and stuff gets piled up. :lol:

Cool. I'd send you some stuff, but I imagine dialup would make that difficult.

Ah, yeah, before I had the Internet I used to play computer games a fair bit; mainly just simulation games like SimCity, though. Pretty much don't touch it now. God, I remember the early days of high school when I'd nerd it up with my sim games and geography stuff. I've always been the Humanities guy - history, sociology, politics, theology, anything under that umbrella really. I've always been disappointed with how poorly geography is taught in many schools; I think it is tremendously important to know about the world around you, both the physical world and the social world.

Oh god, I fear losing my passport. So I've made a point of designating a specific spot for it and always putting it back! I'd be screwed if I lost that. Some stuff like that, I make a point of always knowing precisely where it is.

I'm just glad it's still thriving.

Although I've already gotten myself into an argument with a couple of folks who honestly believe that Achtung is "SUPPOSED to sound terrible!" :banghead:

I've intentionally ignored that. It will aggravate me too much, and I've learnt that arguing on EYKIW just is not worth it. If somebody thinks an album should sound like a dog's breakfast and U2 can do no wrong, then I see any conversation as futile as there will be no give-and-take, no willingness to even see the opposing perspective.

I live with my dad and his fiance, so they tend to handle that sort of thing. The only time I ever really need to go out is for personal stuff for myself. It's hard for me to do, and I feel out of place when I do it, but I will suck it up and do it eventually. I prefer it when someone goes with me but if no one does, sometimes I won't even do it, I'll put it off until either of my siblings wants to go for a walk and have them walk with me or something like that.

I have had moments where I've felt shy like that and wished someone would say hi to me. Quite often, actually.

Oh, I know what you mean - I felt that sort of awkwardness before I moved out of home. Getting my own place has certainly been a good thing in regards to stuff like that. But it's not without its difficulties either; pros and cons, I suppose. And being by yourself is sometimes not the wisest idea when you're feeling down, as there's nobody else to snap you out of negative cycles and distract you.

And yeah ... it's funny how nobody ever does, eh? Ah well.

Shit, I should be going, I don't want to get too little sleep tonight. Well, I'll spend a few minutes more here, anyway.

Shit, I should be going, I don't want to get too little sleep tonight. Well, I'll spend a few minutes more here, anyway.

Despite my efforts to add some drunkpost fun to the Superthread, I will have to do the same too. Just because I wanted to do things earlier on tomorrow.

Despite my efforts to add some drunkpost fun to the Superthread, I will have to do the same too. Just because I wanted to do things earlier on tomorrow.

I have an early afternoon meeting with Centrelink bastards because ... I don't even fucking know. Apparently telling the system that I'm legally blind and a full-time student still requires that I need some job capacity assessment before they'll give me the blind payment. I don't even see what the fucking relevance is. The blind payment is for those who are legally blind. It is not means tested. I am legally blind. I can has moniez plz?

But that's bureaucracy for you.

Oh, I know what you mean - I felt that sort of awkwardness before I moved out of home. Getting my own place has certainly been a good thing in regards to stuff like that. But it's not without its difficulties either; pros and cons, I suppose. And being by yourself is sometimes not the wisest idea when you're feeling down, as there's nobody else to snap you out of negative cycles and distract you.

And yeah ... it's funny how nobody ever does, eh? Ah well.

Yeah, I'm told that moving away from home pretty much changes everything.
And I am gonna take that as a good thing! I am up to the challenge, at any rate.

Being by yourself seems pretty ideal to me because I'm one who likes to be by themselves. Other people just tend to irk me or add to whatever frustration I am feeling at the moment.

Procrastination of sleep too. :lol: That's the one I'm most famous for!

Nope. If God didn't have a lightning bolt to strike down Bono when he was penning Yahweh, I very much doubt he has the capabilities to find a bolt to strike me down!

Maybe he should ask Zeus for a spare.

So I think that photo was really quite funny, but the only reasoning I could find other than that Bono looked rather imperfect compared to the blurry two behind him, is the Kerrigan look in his eyes.

I spent my whole last year like that. :sigh: Regretting it now, of course.

Yeah, my whole last year and part of the year before was like that.
At the time, it never bothered me, but now, I hate it. I sleep *mostly* like a normal person now. Falling asleep somewhere around midnight and waking up somewhere around 8-9am seems pretty normal for me now. I don't really like to be up too late anymore even though sometimes I still do it from time to time.

Yeah, I'm told that moving away from home pretty much changes everything.
And I am gonna take that as a good thing! I am up to the challenge, at any rate.

Being by yourself seems pretty ideal to me because I'm one who likes to be by themselves. Other people just tend to irk me or add to whatever frustration I am feeling at the moment.

Procrastination of sleep too. :lol: That's the one I'm most famous for!

I intentionally chose to live by myself when I came to Melbourne. I like my privacy, and for the most part, it's a good thing. But when the shit hit the fan back in February and all kinds of bad things happened at once, having somebody around to stop me moping would have been bloody fantastic. I'm very thankful the Superthread was here; it was a good outlet and everybody here was awesome.

:lol: I should probably be going; something approaching 7-8 hours of sleep would be cool ...

Maybe he should ask Zeus for a spare.

So I think that photo was really quite funny, but the only reasoning I could find other than that Bono looked rather imperfect compared to the blurry two behind him, is the Kerrigan look in his eyes.

I get a kind of washed up hobo vibe.

Anyway, I'm out before the album I'm listening to hits a song that's going to make me reflective and sad. Good excuse as any to pack up for the night. It's too late as it is. Farewell, folks! :wave:

I intentionally chose to live by myself when I came to Melbourne. I like my privacy, and for the most part, it's a good thing. But when the shit hit the fan back in February and all kinds of bad things happened at once, having somebody around to stop me moping would have been bloody fantastic. I'm very thankful the Superthread was here; it was a good outlet and everybody here was awesome.

:lol: I should probably be going; something approaching 7-8 hours of sleep would be cool ...
:yes: Again, I do understand. This place is really awesome, I love it here.

Well then, bedtime for you, mister. :madwife:

:lol: Good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom