Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ax, I've got a few more presents for you tonight, too.
National Public Toilet Map
Not sure what description interference will give that one, but it's... well, ... no one who's seen it understands why it exists. It's a laugh anyway. Any Aussies, open it and enjoy learn.

Goodnight Moon is a good start on Shivaree, too, if you're interested. Also a song called Bossa Nova.

Shyness? Guess I shall make my way to ZC then. I know about shyness all too well. I'm cripplingly shy, as a matter of fact, despite appearances to the contrary. Once I settle in somewhere and make friends, then I talk my arse off, as I think the Superthreads prove, but it's the initial step that kills me. Most people would never guess from my personality either. I'm a debater, I'm vocal and strong in my opinions, etc. But ... well, you know how most people are terrified of public speaking? Personally, I've no problems with debating in front of large audiences, I'm not even conscious of them, but if you asked me to mingle with said audience, I'd find an excuse to run the other way and hide in a library.

I've been trying to do something about this since things with my ex-girlfriend completely fell apart at the start of this year, and I think I've made some rather good progress. I've observed a few times that I find it hilarious that my greatest bout of posting online, i.e. in the Superthreads, has coincided with me having the most active offline social life I've ever had.

I guess I'm just relating this to say you're not alone at all, and amongst some people here who "get it".
:yes: I understand. I'm not too fond of public speaking either, though. I don't like to mingle with folks I don't recognize, either. Which leads to me hating going to public places (like the store or stupid shit like that) because I freak out, get nervous. Will make excuses and go hide. :lol: Maybe not in a library since the only one near here ain't within walking distance! But I'll find some corner or something!

I'm sorry that things didn't work out. :hug: But I am glad to hear that you are making progress!

Hah, this actually applies to me too. I love getting up somewhere and performing or talking to the masses, but in a small group, not so much. I'm more of an observer in those cases. I try to change this but I just like paying attention to people and hear what they have to say, because I think I don't have as much to say, or if I do I'll try and say it in fewer words.

Also Ax, you were doing much talking the night I saw you, not at all shy... whether this had anything to do with the wine, sir, or not, I'm not sure. :wink:

See, this is precisely why people don't think I'm shy. If I'm amongst people I know and like, you'd never guess. I mean, I already know Ali and U-Wen well in person, and I know you well on here. But say we were all just four uni students in a tutorial. I'd get down to the business of the tutorial, be all involved ... then not have a clue how to strike up a conversation with anybody and just sod off home instead. I do that all the time at uni, to the point that I haven't made a single friend in my classes. I guess I'm just not forward enough.

:laugh: at the sir. Good memories.

Not sure what description interference will give that one, but it's... well, ... no one who's seen it understands why it exists. It's a laugh anyway. Any Aussies, open it and enjoy learn.

Goodnight Moon is a good start on Shivaree, too, if you're interested. Also a song called Bossa Nova.

I love the Internet. I truly love the Internet. I cannot believe that exists! :lol:

And cool, will have a look around.

I'm not Aussie, but...wtf?:lol:

See, this is precisely why people don't think I'm shy. If I'm amongst people I know and like, you'd never guess. I mean, I already know Ali and U-Wen well in person, and I know you well on here. But say we were all just four uni students in a tutorial. I'd get down to the business of the tutorial, be all involved ... then not have a clue how to strike up a conversation with anybody and just sod off home instead. I do that all the time at uni, to the point that I haven't made a single friend in my classes. I guess I'm just not forward enough.

:laugh: at the sir. Good memories.

Yeah, I understand. I'm rather surprised I've made friends at Tafe, to some extent. But the first day I was there, someone actually came up to me and said "hey, I'm new here and don't know anyone, is it okay if we can be friends?". Yeah, cold came up to me and more or less said that. Of course, I was fine with this and we had a good conversation and even went for a drink afterwards. Maybe I was just desperate or something, but you'd be surprised, I imagine this works in other cases too. And even if you just sit around in a group you're somewhat familiar with, if there's a spare chair or whatever... they wouldn't be like highschool kids, they'd be friendly (unless they're complete idiots). You can start good friendships out of the simplest things.

That was different at school, though. It was hard to have anything in common with anyone there, and I sort of wish I could fuck up time a bit and say I went to a busier school instead.

That was a seriously funny night. :up: I'll never forget the 'sir'... just wish the time didn't fly by so quickly.

No, I'm not. But I'm willing to get acquainted!
Definitely does sound like our weather. I had Jury Duty two weeks ago and when I first went in, it was raining, chilly and nasty outside. When I got back out (4 hours later.), it was sunny, warm and nice outside. Then later that evening it stated storming. Fun stuff right there. Weather does fascinate me though, I like to sit and watch a storm (as long as the lightning and thunder isn't to severe! Then I go running for my life. :yikes:) and in general, it interests me how climates work. Maybe that's why I like The Day After Tomorrow so much. :hmm:

That's how I get sometimes. I couldn't find my tv remote for the longest time and I didn't really care because really, what was it to get up, walk two feet and change the channel? But then one day I got all pissed off 'cause I couldn't find it, tore the room apart looking for it and straightened up the entire room. Takes next to nothing to make it look like I've gone through everything searching for something because usually, that's what happens!

Yes, everybody should know about Crowded House, and this is one point where my tastes actually align with those of many here. I'm not the only person from the Melburnian Interferencers group who saw them live last November! Ali, Jen, and Danny did too.

I tend to fairly closely follow the Bureau of Meteorology's readings here, though not tremendously in depth. I wouldn't say I'm that knowledgeable about weather systems or climates or anything, though I've some idea. Geography, after all, was "my" subject back in high school. I favoured social geography, but naturally matters of physical geography and weather systems came up in the course content too, and it's stuck with me.

For me, it's usually a specific form or document. I'll end up sorting things meticulously onto my bookshelves and into my filing cabinet ... then the next semester of university comes around, I raid my shelves while researching, and everything turns into a mess again! :lol:

Alrighty, my beloved potholes, I must sleep. I've got to pretend to be awake tomorrow to 'do things', like go to the bank and stuff. I'd send a postcard but...

Have a grand night/day/whatever it is for you where ever you are!
:zzz:

Yes, everybody should know about Crowded House, and this is one point where my tastes actually align with those of many here. I'm not the only person from the Melburnian Interferencers group who saw them live last November! Ali, Jen, and Danny did too.

I tend to fairly closely follow the Bureau of Meteorology's readings here, though not tremendously in depth. I wouldn't say I'm that knowledgeable about weather systems or climates or anything, though I've some idea. Geography, after all, was "my" subject back in high school. I favoured social geography, but naturally matters of physical geography and weather systems came up in the course content too, and it's stuck with me.

For me, it's usually a specific form or document. I'll end up sorting things meticulously onto my bookshelves and into my filing cabinet ... then the next semester of university comes around, I raid my shelves while researching, and everything turns into a mess again! :lol:
I will check them out the next time I get the chance. :)

Oh, I don't know a whole lot about it like, all nerdy or anything. But I know some stuff and it fascinates me a lot. The weather channel used to be what channel my tv would be on all the time. If it wasn't on one to let me play some kind of game of some sort! I am a gaming nerd too. Not so much these days but back in the day before I had internet, that's what I spent a lot of my time doing.
Back in school, my favourite subject was history. I liked Science alright until that Science teacher I mentioned. It was one of my best subjects but then I failed it a couple of times because of her. :huh:
I only had Geography in middle school and it took the place of history. We had geography one year, history the next. I really liked it but I didn't get enough time in there, I don't think, to really appreciate it.

That too! I've lost my ID several times (and as I type this...I'm not entirely sure where my ID is...I'm gonna need that on Sunday. :uhoh:) and it results in my tearing apart of the room, then organising again. But the second I lose something is when it becomes a mes once more because ya move things around and stuff gets piled up. :lol:

:yes: I understand. I'm not too fond of public speaking either, though. I don't like to mingle with folks I don't recognize, either. Which leads to me hating going to public places (like the store or stupid shit like that) because I freak out, get nervous. Will make excuses and go hide. :lol: Maybe not in a library since the only one near here ain't within walking distance! But I'll find some corner or something!

I'm sorry that things didn't work out. :hug: But I am glad to hear that you are making progress!

I find if I need to do something, like go to the shops, I generally don't have a problem. Like the groceries, it's just got to be done. If somebody's with me, I'll naturally tend to the back and hope they do the talking to unfamiliar faces, but if it's just me, I don't even think twice about anything. But if it's an unfamiliar circumstance I can somehow avoid, then I will at all costs. I hate going to concerts by myself because as badly as I want to see the band, I know I'll spend a few hours standing around by myself feeling bored and out of place. Sometimes I've made conversation with other people and it's been good (the second U2 gig in Auckland in 2006 being a prominent example), other times I've felt too shy and wished somebody would say hi to me, which has never happened.

Alrighty, my beloved potholes, I must sleep. I've got to pretend to be awake tomorrow to 'do things', like go to the bank and stuff. I'd send a postcard but...

Have a grand night/day/whatever it is for you where ever you are!
:zzz:
Good night Anna! Nice meeting you! :wave:

Ax, found a picture today that could potentially match the fat/skullet Lovetown Bono in fright, but this one is actually from three years earlier than that one and has Sting and Bryan Adams in the background (adding terror). Well worth a horrifying look.

I find if I need to do something, like go to the shops, I generally don't have a problem. Like the groceries, it's just got to be done. If somebody's with me, I'll naturally tend to the back and hope they do the talking to unfamiliar faces, but if it's just me, I don't even think twice about anything. But if it's an unfamiliar circumstance I can somehow avoid, then I will at all costs. I hate going to concerts by myself because as badly as I want to see the band, I know I'll spend a few hours standing around by myself feeling bored and out of place. Sometimes I've made conversation with other people and it's been good (the second U2 gig in Auckland in 2006 being a prominent example), other times I've felt too shy and wished somebody would say hi to me, which has never happened.
I live with my dad and his fiance, so they tend to handle that sort of thing. The only time I ever really need to go out is for personal stuff for myself. It's hard for me to do, and I feel out of place when I do it, but I will suck it up and do it eventually. I prefer it when someone goes with me but if no one does, sometimes I won't even do it, I'll put it off until either of my siblings wants to go for a walk and have them walk with me or something like that.

I have had moments where I've felt shy like that and wished someone would say hi to me. Quite often, actually.

Yeah, I understand. I'm rather surprised I've made friends at Tafe, to some extent. But the first day I was there, someone actually came up to me and said "hey, I'm new here and don't know anyone, is it okay if we can be friends?". Yeah, cold came up to me and more or less said that. Of course, I was fine with this and we had a good conversation and even went for a drink afterwards. Maybe I was just desperate or something, but you'd be surprised, I imagine this works in other cases too. And even if you just sit around in a group you're somewhat familiar with, if there's a spare chair or whatever... they wouldn't be like highschool kids, they'd be friendly (unless they're complete idiots). You can start good friendships out of the simplest things.

That was different at school, though. It was hard to have anything in common with anyone there, and I sort of wish I could fuck up time a bit and say I went to a busier school instead.

That was a seriously funny night. :up: I'll never forget the 'sir'... just wish the time didn't fly by so quickly.

Wow, I wish somebody had come up to me like that. But I suppose I'm not the person people would do that to. I guess I'm ... well, not intimidating, but distant and nerdy and I doubt I seem like the most welcoming person. I've never been one to have a very large friendship circle anyway, usually just three or four very close friends and that's it. Right now I feel kind of weird because while there's three or four people I'll hang out with regularly, I wouldn't consider any close right now. Times like these, I miss Kate. Not as a girlfriend, but as my best friend of a good few years.

Yeah, can't believe how badly the time flew, I was stunned when it was past 11pm. We've got to do more next time you're in Melbourne, since that evening was such a good time. More drinking, too. I'm more visibly inebriated in person than I get online! :lol:

Traviud, salutations. :wave:

Ax, found a picture today that could potentially match the fat/skullet Lovetown Bono in fright, but this one is actually from three years earlier than that one and has Sting and Bryan Adams in the background (adding terror). Well worth a horrifying look.

:uhoh: ... oh dear. You must share, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom