Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, I fucking hate that Solo ad campaign. I hate any ad campaign of a product that easily appeals to both genders but goes for some chauvinistic bullshit instead.

Yeah, see I don't mind that stuff when it's done right, but are you saying that they call Sprite and such something else over there? Crazy.

Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense. Way to alienate half the market (and then some), morons.

They just call lemonade "Sprite". I asked Kate if she had another name for it, just a generic name for anything of the sort, and she said no, it's all Sprite. Apparently some people over there will use Coke to refer to more than just Coke too, so I guess it fits with that usage.

(I also confused the shit out of Kate because I very quickly began using "lemonade" to refer to their lemonade but out of habit also used it to refer to our lemonade, so half the time she hadn't the foggiest what I wanted whenever I asked for a glass of lemonade.)

Hi guys. :wave:

I woke up with a mildly sore throat. I think I'm coming down with something, so I'm going crazy with the vitamin C. I want to be better before my birthday! :lol:

How are you all?

I woke up with a mildly sore throat. I think I'm coming down with something, so I'm going crazy with the vitamin C. I want to be better before my birthday! :lol:

How are you all?

Ick, yeah, being ill on your birthday wouldn't be a great deal of fun. Hope you can ward off whatever illness it is.

I'm pretty good, procrastinating on procrastination, that sort of thing. I can't believe how useless I've been these holidays!

How are you all?

Aww. :hug: When's your birthday?

I'm pretty good, just drinking really, and seeing what the fuss about the Fleet Foxes is about. I think my conclusion is that it's justified, it's certainly rather more interesting than a lot of other praised indie I've heard recently.

Hey Bonnie, just how much longer do you plan to be up?

Because I'm surfing around on my external hard drive for some music to play and I'm feeling up for a bit more of my patented musical opinion blasphemy.

Ick, yeah, being ill on your birthday wouldn't be a great deal of fun. Hope you can ward off whatever illness it is.

I'm pretty good, procrastinating on procrastination, that sort of thing. I can't believe how useless I've been these holidays!
No, it sure wouldn't. I've never really been ill on my birthday before. It just seems like it might be a cold. Hopefully, I can get rid of it.
If not, I suppose I'll sweat it out when I get trashed. :lol:

Aww, you need to get some motivation! Would nagging help? :D I know how that is though. There's been plenty of times when I was a teen that I was like that. Not typically with homework/projects/reports or anything like that, but with stuff 'round the house and all. I can be pretty useless if I haven't got the motivation! Which tends to happen from time to time...

Aww. :hug: When's your birthday?

I'm pretty good, just drinking really, and seeing what the fuss about the Fleet Foxes is about. I think my conclusion is that it's justified, it's certainly rather more interesting than a lot of other praised indie I've heard recently.
A week from today. :) I'm pretty excited for it, I'll be 21.

Hmm, never heard of them. I'm not to into the new music stuff, so to speak. Maybe I'm old fashioned. :lol:
Whenever my brother starts going on about relatively newer bands that are getting radio play on an alternative station around here, I'm just like, "You're so lame. Get into some real bands. :down:"

That's really cool that you can just get down to work and write stuff like that down. I'm not very good with that.
I can't. Last night as I said I couldn't sleep, so at 4am I cranked out my laptop and starting writing about my life as it stood at that moment. I enjoyed it and wrote a lot, and a lot came off my chest. I know I'm a very expressive person at heart but I've always been too lazy to do it. And this movie idea I've had in my head for about a year, and I've thought about it but never written anything. I think I'm gonna keep going with this whole writing thing.

No, it sure wouldn't. I've never really been ill on my birthday before. It just seems like it might be a cold. Hopefully, I can get rid of it.
If not, I suppose I'll sweat it out when I get trashed. :lol:

Aww, you need to get some motivation! Would nagging help? :D I know how that is though. There's been plenty of times when I was a teen that I was like that. Not typically with homework/projects/reports or anything like that, but with stuff 'round the house and all. I can be pretty useless if I haven't got the motivation! Which tends to happen from time to time...

Yeah, can't say I've been sick on my birthday either. I also hadn't ever had rain on my birthday until my 19th ... a day on which it poured down like I've never seen. Not only could we not see the house over the road, but we couldn't even see our front fence! And yeah, get drunk and forget you're sick. :wink:

Haha, I tend to respond to nagging by taking even LONGER to do something. My father keeps nagging me about a couple of things, and it annoys me so much that I pretty much intentionally put it off because I've stopped caring. However! I'm expecting to find more and more motivation as my holidays run out - two weeks to go, and I'm sure that with a couple of days left, I'll feel really motivated and start doing things that will take me a week! :lol:

Hey Bonnie, just how much longer do you plan to be up?

Because I'm surfing around on my external hard drive for some music to play and I'm feeling up for a bit more of my patented musical opinion blasphemy.

My dad came to me an hour ago and I said I'd be in bed by 1, but I really don't want to be. But I don't want to be caught half pissed by him. Not that there's any real consequence there, just a sense of trust could be bruised.

You go ahead with that. Now for another screwdriver.

My dad came to me an hour ago and I said I'd be in bed by 1, but I really don't want to be. But I don't want to be caught half pissed by him. Not that there's any real consequence there, just a sense of trust could be bruised.

You go ahead with that. Now for another screwdriver.

Ah, right, because I noticed Pet Sounds and thought maybe I should give it a play. Though looking at the tracklist, I know I can't stand Wouldn't It Be Nice (and associate it with those bloody Cadbury ads), and it's the opener. What do you suggest I play to get perhaps a more favourable sample of the album?

Yeah, can't say I've been sick on my birthday either. I also hadn't ever had rain on my birthday until my 19th ... a day on which it poured down like I've never seen. Not only could we not see the house over the road, but we couldn't even see our front fence! And yeah, get drunk and forget you're sick. :wink:

Haha, I tend to respond to nagging by taking even LONGER to do something. My father keeps nagging me about a couple of things, and it annoys me so much that I pretty much intentionally put it off because I've stopped caring. However! I'm expecting to find more and more motivation as my holidays run out - two weeks to go, and I'm sure that with a couple of days left, I'll feel really motivated and start doing things that will take me a week! :lol:
You know, I don't think it's really ever rained on mine before either now that I think about it. At least, not where I live anyway. :hmm:
Oh and I plan to. I wouldn't be surprised if I leave some drunken postings here, too. :D

:lol: Sounds like the majority of people who procrastinate. Can't say I know of a way to change that unless you suddenly really start despising it and make an effort to not do it. Holidays or time off running out tends to do that I've noticed!

Ah, right, because I noticed Pet Sounds and thought maybe I should give it a play. Though looking at the tracklist, I know I can't stand Wouldn't It Be Nice (and associate it with those bloody Cadbury ads), and it's the opener. What do you suggest I play to get perhaps a more favourable sample of the album?

I suggest you compeltely fucking ignore those goddamn Cadbury ads and listen to it because the second or so to last bit in the song is incredibly beautiful.

But really, maybe listen to from Let's Go Away For A While.

You know, I don't think it's really ever rained on mine before either now that I think about it. At least, not where I live anyway. :hmm:
Oh and I plan to. I wouldn't be surprised if I leave some drunken postings here, too. :D

:lol: Sounds like the majority of people who procrastinate. Can't say I know of a way to change that unless you suddenly really start despising it and make an effort to not do it. Holidays or time off running out tends to do that I've noticed!

I'm surprised I escaped rain for so long, given that I grew up in New Zealand, the land of unpredictably bad weather. It's the kind of place where you visit in August, expecting it to be wintery and yet it's a lovely early spring, then you go over in December and there's serious windchill and driving rain and you'd swear it's winter.

I find I can be extremely motivated if something catches my eye, but if I'm completely over something, e.g. cleaning, then getting any motivation is like drawing blood from a stone. Part of the problem is that I really have very little reason to keep this place as neat as I'd like it, since nobody ever comes around. If it's just me here, what do I care? As long as there's no bugs or other nasty things, it can be as disorganised as I can handle!

I suggest you compeltely fucking ignore those goddamn Cadbury ads and listen to it because the second or so to last bit in the song is incredibly beautiful.

But really, maybe listen to from Let's Go Away For A While.

Oh, and I also associate it with Gold Lotto ads. The start of the song makes me want to punch somebody. It makes me want to punch somebody far more effectively than even the most aggressive metal ever could!

And righto. This could prove interesting.

Oh, and I also associate it with Gold Lotto ads. The start of the song makes me want to punch somebody. It makes me want to punch somebody far more effectively than even the most aggressive metal ever could!

And righto. This could prove interesting.

I honestly don't understand your complete aversion to pop music. That's ridiculous because you're posting on a U2 forum for criminy's sake! Anyway an argument is completely futile, but really that song is not nearly as shallow as you think it is, and I think that maybe you won't appreciate the album with your current mindset, but maybe when you're older? I know it sounds dumb since I'm younger than you, but that's what a lot of people tend to say of Pet Sounds, that it's an adult record, and I think that may hold true with you.

Not saying you have to listen to any goddamn Beatles when you're older though.

I'm surprised I escaped rain for so long, given that I grew up in New Zealand, the land of unpredictably bad weather. It's the kind of place where you visit in August, expecting it to be wintery and yet it's a lovely early spring, then you go over in December and there's serious windchill and driving rain and you'd swear it's winter.

I find I can be extremely motivated if something catches my eye, but if I'm completely over something, e.g. cleaning, then getting any motivation is like drawing blood from a stone. Part of the problem is that I really have very little reason to keep this place as neat as I'd like it, since nobody ever comes around. If it's just me here, what do I care? As long as there's no bugs or other nasty things, it can be as disorganised as I can handle!
The weather's usually bad around there? I don't really know a lot about New Zealand, to be honest. Or really much about how the weather works in that hemisphere other than it's opposite to us.

I can see your point. My bedroom for the most part is clean in terms of not having junk lying around or anything but it can be a disorganised mess of my belongings! Sometimes I'll have my portfolio of my drawings all scattered somewhere, or old crap from school. Apparently I am a packrat. I have plain old assignments from my freshman year in high school (2001-2002) in folders (not intentionally kept, just never got around to throwing them away!).

Hey Serena, just sort of out of nowhere, and maybe with thanks to some liquid spirit, but I saw your thread in ZC and just wanted to say that I really hope you'll feel better and that everything goes alright. I had the same problems as you when I was younger and they were pretty tough on me. But you seem to be a wonderful person from what I've read of your posts here, and I wish you a recovery from that darkness.

Hey Serena, just sort of out of nowhere, and maybe with thanks to some liquid spirit, but I saw your thread in ZC and just wanted to say that I really hope you'll feel better and that everything goes alright. I had the same problems as you when I was younger and they were pretty tough on me. But you seem to be a wonderful person from what I've read of your posts here, and I wish you a recovery from that darkness.
Thank you. :hug:
That means so much. :heart:

I am working on it. It's gonna be a long road, I know. But I'm not giving up.

I honestly don't understand your complete aversion to pop music. That's ridiculous because you're posting on a U2 forum for criminy's sake! Anyway an argument is completely futile, but really that song is not nearly as shallow as you think it is, and I think that maybe you won't appreciate the album with your current mindset, but maybe when you're older? I know it sounds dumb since I'm younger than you, but that's what a lot of people tend to say of Pet Sounds, that it's an adult record, and I think that may hold true with you.

Not saying you have to listen to any goddamn Beatles when you're older though.

I just usually don't like music that is or at least sounds overly sunny. There are, of course, exceptions. But I find a lot of pop music comes across as far too contrived and insincere. The more pop-y a song, the more I think "you're having me on to make a quick buck". There is a great Steven Wilson quote that, to paraphrase, basically says "I prefer melancholic music because it is a shared experience and thus quite uplifting; music that is artificially happy is in fact depressing". Funny you say that Pet Sounds is more an adult record, since I am having trouble getting past the idea of songs like Sloop John B being kids' songs. Though once I get past that, it's a surprisingly enjoyable track. I preferred it to God Only Knows, which I know is massively loved but that doesn't do a terrible lot for me.

The weather's usually bad around there? I don't really know a lot about New Zealand, to be honest. Or really much about how the weather works in that hemisphere other than it's opposite to us.

I can see your point. My bedroom for the most part is clean in terms of not having junk lying around or anything but it can be a disorganised mess of my belongings! Sometimes I'll have my portfolio of my drawings all scattered somewhere, or old crap from school. Apparently I am a packrat. I have plain old assignments from my freshman year in high school (2001-2002) in folders (not intentionally kept, just never got around to throwing them away!).

Depends what part of New Zealand, really, though it is generally a maritime climate and there's a good deal of rain about in many areas. I'd say it's more unpredictable than rainy, though. Unless you're in the West Coast region of the South Island, which isn't known as the Wet Coast for nothing! :lol:

I'd consider my place clean in the sense you won't find food scraps or genuine rubbish like discarded plastic or wrapping or anything like that. However, it sometimes (as is the case now) gets a chaotic look because I simply have so many books and papers and they get scattered about. I know what you mean about keeping high school stuff too; I still have some of my work, and had a hard time throwing out some more when I moved to Melbourne and really couldn't cart all of it with me.

I've no idea what ZC thread you mean since I never look in ZC (though now I'm thinking maybe I should go see what you're referring to), but yeah, I second the general sentiment. Serena, I've really liked you being around the threads the last few days, it's been nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom