Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:01 PM
I do believe I need to tie myself down to the laptop now.
But alas, I do have things to do today.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #122
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Oh god, I fucking hate that Solo ad campaign. I hate any ad campaign of a product that easily appeals to both genders but goes for some chauvinistic bullshit instead.

Yeah, see I don't mind that stuff when it's done right, but are you saying that they call Sprite and such something else over there? Crazy.
Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense. Way to alienate half the market (and then some), morons.

They just call lemonade "Sprite". I asked Kate if she had another name for it, just a generic name for anything of the sort, and she said no, it's all Sprite. Apparently some people over there will use Coke to refer to more than just Coke too, so I guess it fits with that usage.

(I also confused the shit out of Kate because I very quickly began using "lemonade" to refer to their lemonade but out of habit also used it to refer to our lemonade, so half the time she hadn't the foggiest what I wanted whenever I asked for a glass of lemonade.)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #123
Vocal parasite

Hey Serena! How are you?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Hi Serena!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life

Hi guys.

I woke up with a mildly sore throat. I think I'm coming down with something, so I'm going crazy with the vitamin C. I want to be better before my birthday!

How are you all?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #126
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Hi guys.

I woke up with a mildly sore throat. I think I'm coming down with something, so I'm going crazy with the vitamin C. I want to be better before my birthday!

How are you all?
Ick, yeah, being ill on your birthday wouldn't be a great deal of fun. Hope you can ward off whatever illness it is.

I'm pretty good, procrastinating on procrastination, that sort of thing. I can't believe how useless I've been these holidays!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hi guys.

How are you all?
Aww. When's your birthday?

I'm pretty good, just drinking really, and seeing what the fuss about the Fleet Foxes is about. I think my conclusion is that it's justified, it's certainly rather more interesting than a lot of other praised indie I've heard recently.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #128
Refugee

Local Time: 10:01 AM
i, for one, can't sleep, and am writing ideas down for a movie i've had in my head for a long time. can't complain.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-V View Post
i, for one, can't sleep, and am writing ideas down for a movie i've had in my head for a long time. can't complain.
That's really cool that you can just get down to work and write stuff like that down. I'm not very good with that.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #130
Vocal parasite

Hey Bonnie, just how much longer do you plan to be up?

Because I'm surfing around on my external hard drive for some music to play and I'm feeling up for a bit more of my patented musical opinion blasphemy.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #131
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ick, yeah, being ill on your birthday wouldn't be a great deal of fun. Hope you can ward off whatever illness it is.

I'm pretty good, procrastinating on procrastination, that sort of thing. I can't believe how useless I've been these holidays!
No, it sure wouldn't. I've never really been ill on my birthday before. It just seems like it might be a cold. Hopefully, I can get rid of it.
If not, I suppose I'll sweat it out when I get trashed.

Aww, you need to get some motivation! Would nagging help? I know how that is though. There's been plenty of times when I was a teen that I was like that. Not typically with homework/projects/reports or anything like that, but with stuff 'round the house and all. I can be pretty useless if I haven't got the motivation! Which tends to happen from time to time...
Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Aww. When's your birthday?

I'm pretty good, just drinking really, and seeing what the fuss about the Fleet Foxes is about. I think my conclusion is that it's justified, it's certainly rather more interesting than a lot of other praised indie I've heard recently.
A week from today. I'm pretty excited for it, I'll be 21.

Hmm, never heard of them. I'm not to into the new music stuff, so to speak. Maybe I'm old fashioned.
Whenever my brother starts going on about relatively newer bands that are getting radio play on an alternative station around here, I'm just like, "You're so lame. Get into some real bands. "
Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #133
Refugee

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Quote:
That's really cool that you can just get down to work and write stuff like that down. I'm not very good with that.
I can't. Last night as I said I couldn't sleep, so at 4am I cranked out my laptop and starting writing about my life as it stood at that moment. I enjoyed it and wrote a lot, and a lot came off my chest. I know I'm a very expressive person at heart but I've always been too lazy to do it. And this movie idea I've had in my head for about a year, and I've thought about it but never written anything. I think I'm gonna keep going with this whole writing thing.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #134
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-V View Post
Well, insomnia certainly does blow!
But it's good that something useful is comin' out of it.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #135
Vocal parasite

Quote:
No, it sure wouldn't. I've never really been ill on my birthday before. It just seems like it might be a cold. Hopefully, I can get rid of it.
If not, I suppose I'll sweat it out when I get trashed.

Aww, you need to get some motivation! Would nagging help? I know how that is though. There's been plenty of times when I was a teen that I was like that. Not typically with homework/projects/reports or anything like that, but with stuff 'round the house and all. I can be pretty useless if I haven't got the motivation! Which tends to happen from time to time...
Yeah, can't say I've been sick on my birthday either. I also hadn't ever had rain on my birthday until my 19th ... a day on which it poured down like I've never seen. Not only could we not see the house over the road, but we couldn't even see our front fence! And yeah, get drunk and forget you're sick.

Haha, I tend to respond to nagging by taking even LONGER to do something. My father keeps nagging me about a couple of things, and it annoys me so much that I pretty much intentionally put it off because I've stopped caring. However! I'm expecting to find more and more motivation as my holidays run out - two weeks to go, and I'm sure that with a couple of days left, I'll feel really motivated and start doing things that will take me a week!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread