Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #901
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
hey everyone who said hi

see ax i'm not gonna be very good for pushing into a new thread cause i am distracted by other tasks i have to do on this slow ass internet. like getting the address for the hostel i booked in dubrovnik, right now, before i forget again.
If U-Wen doesn't pike, maybe we'll manage to get there soon!

What sort of connection is it? Some form of broadband at least?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #902
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Hey, was it just me, or did anyone else watch Narnia: Prince Caspian and see it as a thinly disguised allegory about the Crusades and how wonderful militant Christianity is? In fact, the entire Narnia series is like that...
I had to reach my late 20s to discover that The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was bible related. Howver, seeing as I've never read the bible and slept through high school (where I had to read said Narnia book), I feel I have a valid excuse...

Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #903
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
The same arguments arose when the first Narnia movie was released. You wouldn't expect this from me but personally I think people should just enjoy the goddamn movie. There are still a lot of people that don't get the Aslan/Christ connection, but it may be more blatant in Prince Caspian.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Anna, go to Dubbo and take pictures of the chimpanzees for me.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #905
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The same arguments arose when the first Narnia movie was released. You wouldn't expect this from me but personally I think people should just enjoy the goddamn movie. There are still a lot of people that don't get the Aslan/Christ connection, but it may be more blatant in Prince Caspian.
See, I found the religious themes a bit too overt in the first movie. It was distracting.

Plus it just wasn't a very good movie. I only saw it because my friends on the Gold Coast wanted to. I'd have chosen something else but it was one of me versus four of them. I don't intend to see this second one.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #906
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Fair enough. Problem I had with it was that it really jumped out at me (I mean, as a theologian and as a psychologist I'm trained to look for and find hidden meanings in things, etc) and just ruined the whole movie for me.

Plus, the book Prince Caspian > movie Prince Caspian x 100000000000000000000000000.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #907
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
If U-Wen doesn't pike, maybe we'll manage to get there soon!

What sort of connection is it? Some form of broadband at least?
I was gonna leave, then I figured since it's been ages, I may as well stick around till the end of this thread at least.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #908
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
Yep, I'm in NSW. Kinda in Sydney, but in reality nowhere near it. I live in some one horse town in the middle of nowehere. We moved here about 4 weeks ago. It's great!
I figured these threads would rope in somebody stuck in NSW one of these days. I feel sorry for you.

Until recently, it really was just the Melbourne crowd, plus Bonnie in SA! Now there's you, and Eazy-V up in Queensland. What next, a Tasmanian? Do they even have the Internet there, or is it too 21st century?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #909
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
See, I found the religious themes a bit too overt in the first movie. It was distracting.

Plus it just wasn't a very good movie. I only saw it because my friends on the Gold Coast wanted to. I'd have chosen something else but it was one of me versus four of them. I don't intend to see this second one.
OMG ASLAN DIES AND GETS RESURRECTED! WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE????
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #910
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yes, I've seen the movie maybe four times (don't know how that happened), and I've certainly noticed the religious tones since the first viewing. Hard to miss. There's bloody Father Christmas in it, for one thing!

I watched it once at Church though, so obviously it didn't fly past too many people. Besides, I liked the book when I was younger.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #911
Jesus Online

Quote:
Dubbo!! We're planning a weekend out there one day. Dubbo, you might be interested to know, is the place in my avatar. Except of course it's impossible to tell, being a Mombassa work and well, painted.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #912
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I swear to God, Dubbo sounds like it was named by a bogan who had a damn good time in Northern City, Ireland.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #913
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I figured these threads would rope in somebody stuck in NSW one of these days. I feel sorry for you.

Until recently, it really was just the Melbourne crowd, plus Bonnie in SA! Now there's you, and Eazy-V up in Queensland. What next, a Tasmanian? Do they even have the Internet there, or is it too 21st century?
I thought they had messenger pigeons? And for computers they just had Asian geeks with thick glasses reciting numbers?

(HAHA I CAN SAY THAT WITHOUT IT BEING RACIST LOL)
Old 07-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #914
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
They're still stuck further back in the 19th century than we are. Possibly being genocidal.

No, for real my aunty is a Green politician in Hobart. A refreshing left on a family that's otherwise quite conservative.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #915
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I swear to God, Dubbo sounds like it was named by a bogan who had a damn good time in Northern City, Ireland.

If Bono had migrated to Australia...

Tags
superthread