Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #586
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
What, you use the blood to make art like some people apparently do and post it?
Ew, no. But I do tend to talk about embarrassing and personal stuff.

Today's entry was a good one. A little TMI, but mostly funny. Last night I had two separate mishaps with a bottle of lube. First I accidentally kneeled on it, 'causing it to squirt out on the bed and smear onto my knee (the funniest part was that it was 'Good Head' flavoured lube, leading to a quip: "But I don't think it's supposed to go on my knees!") and then later, forgetting that I'd had it on my hands, I rubbed my eye, and ACK ACK IT BURNS!!!! Lube + eyes = BAD.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #587
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Beav saying Un Chien Andalou is only a Dali film some pages back = lose.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #588
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
What, you use the blood to make art like some people apparently do and post it?
What the fuck, Ax?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 AM   #589
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Ew, no. But I do tend to talk about embarrassing and personal stuff.

Today's entry was a good one. A little TMI, but mostly funny. Last night I had two separate mishaps with a bottle of lube. First I accidentally kneeled on it, 'causing it to squirt out on the bed and smear onto my knee (the funniest part was that it was 'Good Head' flavoured lube, leading to a quip: "But I don't think it's supposed to go on my knees!") and then later, forgetting that I'd had it on my hands, I rubbed my eye, and ACK ACK IT BURNS!!!! Lube + eyes = BAD.
I do hope I at least grossed Ian out with the thought. I once had this person on my friends list who was a rabid hyper-feminist who thought that ANYBODY grossed out by the thought of using menstrual blood for artwork simply had to be a terribly sexist individual. I recall some proclamation of it being "the most pure womanly expression" or something like that.

I'll keep that in mind in ten years when I finally get a girlfriend.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 03:04 AM   #590
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
What the fuck, Ax?
Yeah, even I didn't know about that.

Although Kurt Cobain apparently used to make art using his shit, or something. Fucking Kurt Cobain!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #591
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Although Kurt Cobain apparently used to make art using his shit, or something. Fucking Kurt Cobain!
Yeah, they're called In Utero and Nevermind.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #592
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah, they're called In Utero and Nevermind.
Hurr hurr!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:09 AM   #593
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I do hope I at least grossed Ian out with the thought. I once had this person on my friends list who was a rabid hyper-feminist who thought that ANYBODY grossed out by the thought of using menstrual blood for artwork simply had to be a terribly sexist individual. I recall some proclamation of it being "the most pure womanly expression" or something like that.

I'll keep that in mind in ten years when I finally get a girlfriend.
Yeah, those are those crazy women who call it their 'moon time' and whatnot. They're nuts. The only good thing about having a period is that it means you're not pregnant. There is nothing at all pleasant about leaking blood and tissue for several days. Not to mention all the little aches, pains, mood swings, and laundry issues that go with it.

However, as far as weird feminist things go, Tampon Henge is pretty funny:

Old 07-14-2008, 03:12 AM   #594
Refugee

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
You want in?
Yes.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #595
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hurr hurr!
The joke had to be made. Plus I just resent grunge killing whatever chance non-hair metal ever had of going mainstream.

Truth be told, all I've ever heard of Nirvana has been on the radio and I haven't felt anything strongly enough about it positively or negatively to check out any of the albums.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 AM   #596
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The joke had to be made. Plus I just resent grunge killing whatever chance non-hair metal ever had of going mainstream.

Truth be told, all I've ever heard of Nirvana has been on the radio and I haven't felt anything strongly enough about it positively or negatively to check out any of the albums.
Eh, on reflection I definitely think they were one of the better grunge groups, and probably the most deserving of the position as the quintessential band of that era, but yeah, I wouldn't think you'd get anything out of their albums. I loved them when I was 14, though!

You would probably tolerate stuff like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and what have you, though. See, I think that sort of thing has aged terribly (though AiC were my favourite band once upon a time), but it's more influenced by metal.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #597
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, those are those crazy women who call it their 'moon time' and whatnot. They're nuts. The only good thing about having a period is that it means you're not pregnant. There is nothing at all pleasant about leaking blood and tissue for several days. Not to mention all the little aches, pains, mood swings, and laundry issues that go with it.

However, as far as weird feminist things go, Tampon Henge is pretty funny:
Clearly, Chass, you've just been brainwashed by the patriarchy and hate what it means to be a woman.

at Tampon Henge.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 03:22 AM   #598
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Clearly, Chass, you've just been brainwashed by the patriarchy and hate what it means to be a woman.
Dude, the patriarchy had nothing to do with it. Having to carry roughly three and a half pounds of breasts on the front of my body every day since my mid teens has made me hate what it means to be a woman.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:24 AM   #599
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Eh, on reflection I definitely think they were one of the better grunge groups, and probably the most deserving of the position as the quintessential band of that era, but yeah, I wouldn't think you'd get anything out of their albums. I loved them when I was 14, though!

You would probably tolerate stuff like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and what have you, though. See, I think that sort of thing has aged terribly (though AiC were my favourite band once upon a time), but it's more influenced by metal.
I actually have a story about trying to play some Nirvana on guitar. When I was about nine, we had this school camp and one night was going to be a bit of a talent night. A couple of guys I knew decided to form a band and I joined in - problem was, we all wanted to play guitar, but we figured we'd somehow make it work. One of them really badly wanted to do Smells Like Teen Spirit and claimed he had the chords for it. I'm convinced what we rehearsed sounded about as much like Smells Like Teen Spirit as Viva Davidoff sounds like Last Train To Satansville. As it happened, both of them piked on me and I performed a somewhat improvised composition of my own making that I could play far more competently.

/random

Pearl Jam are meant to be grunge, right? Because what pisses me off about them is Eddie Vedder's vocals. If he were a better singer, I'd totally be into their music.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #600
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Dude, the patriarchy had nothing to do with it. Having to carry roughly three and a half pounds of breasts on the front of my body every day since my mid teens has made me hate what it means to be a woman.
Got to admit, I find this kind of amusing given your avatar, sig, etc.

Also, if a rabid hyper-feminist came in here right about now, I am sure lulz would ensue.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread