Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, yeah. The majority of UABRS is from the Loreley gig, actually. Gloria and Party Girl are from Red Rocks, 11OTT is from 6 May 1983, Boston (you'll be surprised how much better 11OTT sounds on the bootleg of that show), and the rest is Loreley.

The bootleg version of 11OTT sounds better than what was released on the CD from the same show?? Crazy.

Anyway, I'm going to bed... :wave: Seeya folks!

Have fun with the screwdrivers, Bonnie :wink:

The bootleg version of 11OTT sounds better than what was released on the CD from the same show?? Crazy.

Anyway, I'm going to bed... :wave: Seeya folks!

Have fun with the screwdrivers, Bonnie :wink:

Yeah, it's really weird. I've always disliked the UABRS CD version of 11OTT. It just lacks the punch of the UABRS video version. But turns out it did have the punch at the actual show; the mixing removes it! WTF.

Goodnight, enjoy your six or so hours of sleep. :wink:

:wave:

sleep didn't happen. writing atm.
what did I miss?

- Bonnie is getting pissed, though has not yet forgotten the alphabet.
- She also dug up Micallef stuff due to you, and due to me apparently being too Kiwi even though I've lived over half my life on this side of the Tasman.
- Not much else. The US crowd hasn't shown up yet. I guess because it's Sunday there and they like to sleep in or something wacky like that.

And I've pretty much given up on early nights. If I try going to bed at 1am, I just lie awake forever anyway.

also, i'm listening to an album called "The Midnight Organ Fight" by Frightened Rabbit, it's excellent. if you have the means, i highly recommend picking it up.

What genre are we talking here?

Oh yes. :lol:

Just downed the first one. Since I plan on going at 1, I'll wait a bit until the second one.

I love at the very end when Basil requests breakfast in bed "with lashings of hot screwdriver". :laugh:

What, you don't want to forget the alphabet for too many posts? :wink:

I think i've watched every decent Micallef video on youtube.

Sadly I only have seasons Un and Deux of the P(r)ogram(me) on DVD. I need more Micallef.

I have Trois, but my mum bought that, I didn't like the latter episodes that much. I'd love to pick up the first season.

Ah, Ill est Myron...

Bonnie, I'm half-joining you on the screwdriver front. I've got the orange juice component! Alas, I've only mixed it with lemonade.

What pisses me off is how much better this is than Fanta/Sunkist. I mean, shouldn't they be the same thing? But this tastes of awesome, while Fanta/Sunkist taste of vaguely orangey crap that leaves me with funnily-coloured lips.

I'm listening to the Modern Leper now, -V. :up:

Bonnie, I'm half-joining you on the screwdriver front. I've got the orange juice component! Alas, I've only mixed it with lemonade.

What pisses me off is how much better this is than Fanta/Sunkist. I mean, shouldn't they be the same thing? But this tastes of awesome, while Fanta/Sunkist taste of vaguely orangey crap that leaves me with funnily-coloured lips.

No shit. Orange juice is the naz, though admittedly I probably haven't mixed it with lemonade ever. Maybe I could add a bit on the third screwdriver.

Indie. Pitchfork likes. Midnight Organ Fight | Pitchfork

Also... The Sad Punk is a she? :lol:

I tend to be an atmospheric rock and metal kind of guy ... then again, there's always this temptation to see if something Pitchfork is hyping is the one annual album they're actually right about.

You may also be surprised to learn that she is not a punk.

No shit. Orange juice is the naz, though admittedly I probably haven't mixed it with lemonade ever. Maybe I could add a bit on the third screwdriver.

Orange juice goes remarkably well with lemonade as long as you get the right consistency in the mix. Generally half and half. If you use too little lemonade, it has that nasty flat lemonade taste behind the orange, while too little orange juice and it just looks like fizzy piss.

I should also clarify for any Yanks who may read back over this that by lemonade, I mean Sprite, not the squash stuff that you peculiarly call lemonade.

Generally not too sad, either.

I'm never up to date with indie, but I thought I'd listen to stuff on Fleet Foxes' MySpace, you know since they're all the rage at the moment.

I should also clarify for any Yanks who may read back over this that by lemonade, I mean Sprite, not the squash stuff that you peculiarly call lemonade.

Are you serious?!

I can't stand Solo/Lift etc. I mean, I don't really like soft drinks full stop, but that in particular disgusts me.

Generally not too sad, either.

I'm never up to date with indie, but I thought I'd listen to stuff on Fleet Foxes' MySpace, you know since they're all the rage at the moment.

Fleet Foxes? Are they this year's Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Wolf Parade / Arcade Fire / Fiery Furnaces / [Insert here name of generic indie band that indie hipsters wank over for three months then forget]?

I'm more up to date with what metalheads are wanking over. The hype for Between The Buried And Me is just inane, but I fear they may be right with Kalisia, whose album strikes me as one that I should find cheesy but is executed so well that it somehow works.

Are you serious?!

I can't stand Solo/Lift etc. I mean, I don't really like soft drinks full stop, but that in particular disgusts me.

No, I don't mean that either (and I'm fairly fond of Lift, not so much of Solo). I mean the NON-FIZZY version of that.

Yeah, WTF.

Whoa shit, some add with a pop song started playing in the middle of this Fleet Foxes song (which is apparently not from their current album, I'm digging it though) and I thought WOW either they've just ruined a good song or they've done something that I may appreciate after a few listens.

No, I don't mean that either (and I'm fairly fond of Lift, not so much of Solo). I mean the NON-FIZZY version of that.

Yeah, WTF.

I can't tell the difference between Solo and Lift! I feel like a horrible person.

I see. Yeah, like the stuff kids sell in lemonade stands?

I can't tell the difference between Solo and Lift! I feel like a horrible person.

I see. Yeah, like the stuff kids sell in lemonade stands?

Lift is fizzier. And doesn't have stupid off-putting sexist ads either.

I guess, yeah. It's stuff that looks somewhat like urine but tastes somewhere within the vicinity of lemons.

Metal. I meh to metal.

god this is a good album.

Eh, most of the metal that tends to rise out of obscurity into the public consciousness tends to be completely juvenile crap. But the metal underground? Oh, another story entirely. But given this is a Coldplay U2 forum, I don't expect to find many people who give a shit about metal here.

Lift is fizzier. And doesn't have stupid off-putting sexist ads either.

I guess, yeah. It's stuff that looks somewhat like urine but tastes somewhere within the vicinity of lemons.

Oh god, I fucking hate that Solo ad campaign. I hate any ad campaign of a product that easily appeals to both genders but goes for some chauvinistic bullshit instead.

Yeah, see I don't mind that stuff when it's done right, but are you saying that they call Sprite and such something else over there? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom