Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
When I was younger I didn't like beer much and drank wine, basically only wine... to the extent it nearly killed me a couple of times, and now I have trouble revisiting. I expect to return to it when I'm older, because I'm intruiged by its different flavours, it's just that I always get reminded of my brash 16 year old self when I drink it now (white or red, and particularly port which was the first thing I ever got drunk on, at an embarrassingly low age!).

Oh, you have V8 over there? Do they have that Citrus Kick one? I loooove that and often use it to wake me up before I go to tafe. Never thought of it as a hangover cure, but I bet it'd work to an extent.

I guess Schnapps aren't as big a thing here, you can get them of course, but the fact that I'm mentioning one imported directly from Austria must say something. I may try some more, but rarely are they available at pubs or clubs. For trying something new... uh, I've been on an absinthe kick this year, and you might want to go with that.
Beer just doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd had wine and things like that in my teen years but I'd never actually gotten drunk on them. I've found that wine hangovers particularly suck as I had one within the last year. It lasted two days. Not. Revisiting. Ever. Again. Fuck that.

Yeah, we have V8, I love it. If you stabbed me, I'd probably bleed V8. I'm not really sure, I just drink the plain old V8. I'm not a fan of really citrusy things at all. I can deal with lemonade (the real stuff.) and orange juice, but not like, flavoured stuff like citrus sodas and things like that. I can't say I'm particularly fond of a screwdriver either but I'll take a good bloody mary any day!
It does, it's not like an instant thing or anything, but if you've got one of those hangovers that's accompanied by some bad nausea, oddly enough, it works. I pour a glass of it, add a couple grinds of sea salt to it, stir and drink!

Huh, it must not be. It's not really a big deal here, as in you won't see every one who's drinking, drinking that. But it's easy to find. And it happens to be my favourite stuff (albeit they tend to be quite sweet.). But I do want to do something different, I may just try your suggestion.
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #272
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
The Wembley show from the early 90s was on TV tonight, and I tuned in only to see the credits, and saw Garry Gay Beers and I was like HOLY SHIT NO WAY THATS AWESOME and so yeah.
ahh, i think i know which show you're referring to. if so, i've seen it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It's the best one yet because Bono was actually rather good looking in 1986 and he seemed cuddly too (but this is more or less where my Plebanism ends). And I like animals.
i know what you mean. and that photo, he looks almost sultry or something. it's weird
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #273
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
- Some Scottish band Easy-V recommended to me (by the way he was asking about a name change, possibly towards you, Khan)
ooh, that's right. i can't make name changes or anything, i think sicy's the only one who can do that.

and eazy-v's name always makes me think of that line from wannabe
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Beer just doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd had wine and things like that in my teen years but I'd never actually gotten drunk on them. I've found that wine hangovers particularly suck as I had one within the last year. It lasted two days. Not. Revisiting. Ever. Again. Fuck that.

Yeah, we have V8, I love it. If you stabbed me, I'd probably bleed V8. I'm not really sure, I just drink the plain old V8. I'm not a fan of really citrusy things at all. I can deal with lemonade (the real stuff.) and orange juice, but not like, flavoured stuff like citrus sodas and things like that. I can't say I'm particularly fond of a screwdriver either but I'll take a good bloody mary any day!
It does, it's not like an instant thing or anything, but if you've got one of those hangovers that's accompanied by some bad nausea, oddly enough, it works. I pour a glass of it, add a couple grinds of sea salt to it, stir and drink!

Huh, it must not be. It's not really a big deal here, as in you won't see every one who's drinking, drinking that. But it's easy to find. And it happens to be my favourite stuff (albeit they tend to be quite sweet.). But I do want to do something different, I may just try your suggestion.
Yeah, I dig that. I have put a few people onto beer in my time since I was about 17, but a lot of younger people in Australia still prefer to drink pre-mixed spirits drinks. They've become a big problem with Australian youth, however. I enjoyed them when I was younger to some extent, but not at all now.

I think I'll have to try that, but hopefully not tomorrow. Yeah, I think it would work for me. I personally love citrusy stuff, but the Citrus Kick V8 contains carrot and other vegetables as well as straight orange juice, so it's not too overpowering.

This is cool, I've actually never met someone who loves schnapps more than any other alcoholic drink. Seriously. You know, as someone who often takes boutique Belgian beers to parties where everyone else is drinking the Australian equivalent of Budweiser, I often feel a bit lonely when it comes to drinks. But yeah, that is awesome.

Absinthe is usually very high percentage, generally 55% at the very, very lowest. It's an anise flavoured herb spirit, and its thujone content can create a slightly more reflective experience than just any other spirit. I personally really love it.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #275
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 08:08 AM
ooh, we're talking about schnapps? i have an unhealthy appreciation of the butterscotch flavour
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #276
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:08 AM
I also got Doolittle by Pixies. Anyone have thoughts on that album?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ahh, i think i know which show you're referring to. if so, i've seen it too.


i know what you mean. and that photo, he looks almost sultry or something. it's weird
I'm not a huge fan of INXS, they get played a lot on the radio here, but being Australian and all I've grown up with a lot of their songs, plus Michael Hutchence was also a pretty good looking guy back then. My favourite song of theirs wasn't really a hit though, it's The Gift.

I mentioned before it looked like he was tempted to lose purity points to the mule/whateverI'mnoexpertonthissortofthing. I don't think I seriously think that but I wouldn't be surprised if someone would (probably Jen).
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #278
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I also got Doolittle by Pixies. Anyone have thoughts on that album?
I just picked up a used copy of that as well! There's loads of good stuff on it, and I know it's widely considered their best album and a classic in the hallowed halls of alternative music.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I also got Doolittle by Pixies. Anyone have thoughts on that album?
Overrated, but I love Debaser, Hey, and Monkey Gone to Heaven, and have respect for some other tracks on it. But my favourite Pixies albums are Bossanova and Trompe le Monde (hell, my screen name is from a track from Trompe le Monde), which makes me a very rare breed of Pixies fan.

I grew up on the Pixies though, so my opinion is sort of developed a little differently, over time and over certain memories in a lot of cases.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #280
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:08 AM
For a really long time, my favorite Pixies song was their cover of "Head On" by the Jesus and Mary Chain.

I like Bossanova a lot - Velouria is one of my favorites.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #281
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
For a really long time, my favorite Pixies song was their cover of "Head On" by the Jesus and Mary Chain.

I like Bossanova a lot - Velouria is one of my favorites.
I agree, that's a really good cover. Think it's one of those rare ones I enjoy more than the original.

Velouria, All Over the World, Dig For Fire and the Happening are all some of my favourite Pixies songs. The second one there in particular. It's their longest studio track, but I absolutely adore it.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #282
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, I dig that. I have put a few people onto beer in my time since I was about 17, but a lot of younger people in Australia still prefer to drink pre-mixed spirits drinks. They've become a big problem with Australian youth, however. I enjoyed them when I was younger to some extent, but not at all now.

I think I'll have to try that, but hopefully not tomorrow. Yeah, I think it would work for me. I personally love citrusy stuff, but the Citrus Kick V8 contains carrot and other vegetables as well as straight orange juice, so it's not too overpowering.

This is cool, I've actually never met someone who loves schnapps more than any other alcoholic drink. Seriously. You know, as someone who often takes boutique Belgian beers to parties where everyone else is drinking the Australian equivalent of Budweiser, I often feel a bit lonely when it comes to drinks. But yeah, that is awesome.

Absinthe is usually very high percentage, generally 55% at the very, very lowest. It's an anise flavoured herb spirit, and its thujone content can create a slightly more reflective experience than just any other spirit. I personally really love it.
That's definitely never a good thing. Most of the younger people here drink beer and the people who are closer to 25-35 drink the stronger stuff. Strange how that works. I prefer the stronger stuff because I tend to be one who gets filled up easily by liquids, so when I get too much in me, I often wind up feeling very miserable. Not only that, but I prefer the taste.

It's a good remedy, I've found. My friend taught me about it the time I had the bad cinnamon schnapps hangover. We were all drinking this big bottle of it before 7 pm and we were doing the shots rather quickly. So by the time 8:30 pm had rolled around, I went and passed out in my room. I woke up at 1:30 in the morning, wondering how I'd gotten upstairs. My computer was still on (and I do believe I was logged in here.) I was still half drunk too.
But the next morning was horrible. Which is when I learned about the V8 trick and it really helped my upset stomach and made me feel a bit better because it puts those vitamins back in your body.

I love schnapps very much. I tend to prefer it because it's easy to drink, has a very good flavour and I don't usually wind up hungover very often and when I do, it's never very bad. (The cinnamon schnapps happened to be 80 proof.) But I am also growing quite fond of spiced rum too.

I think I am going to look into that for this weekend to find out whether or not that's what I want. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #283
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ooh, we're talking about schnapps? i have an unhealthy appreciation of the butterscotch flavour
Butterscotch is yummy, that kind is too easy for me to overdo it on.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 11:38 PM
I gotta vamos, I'll see you guys later.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #285
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I'm not a huge fan of INXS, they get played a lot on the radio here, but being Australian and all I've grown up with a lot of their songs, plus Michael Hutchence was also a pretty good looking guy back then. My favourite song of theirs wasn't really a hit though, it's The Gift.

I mentioned before it looked like he was tempted to lose purity points to the mule/whateverI'mnoexpertonthissortofthing. I don't think I seriously think that but I wouldn't be surprised if someone would (probably Jen).
hehe, i love inxs! i used to be a huuuuuuuge fan and played their music way too much. the gift is a good tune

haha, you're right on both counts! i can picture jen doing that to try to get her score down to 0
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com