Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I don't really do a lot of beer (or anything else weak, wine tends to give me really bad hangovers.) I am more of a liquor/schnapps/the occasional tequila type person.
Well, I don't think you'll get a hangover unless you feel particularly inebriated, though like you said, everyone's different. I don't usually get one unless I get pretty well hammered.

You must be referring to Gold Schlager. I had quite the night on some of that stuff once. Passed right out on the living room floor.
I sometimes have higher alc beers like certain Belgian ones, which can be around 12%, but I mainly enjoy beer for the taste and refreshment. I drink anise flavoured liquors like absinthe and sambucca, and there are some whiskeys that I find very enjoyable.

The schnapps isn't Schlager, but something else - Schonbrunner, I think? I can't say I'm an expert on schnapps obviously, but I think it tastes nice!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #257
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
congrats!

I love your sig, by the way.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
hey bonnie, i'm still catching up on the previous thread and i read you like the name garry gary beers
Hehe, what's not to like about it?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

My cat is waiting for me to go to bed, but before that, why did you change your avatar to that picture, Khan?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #260
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:

I love your sig, by the way.
thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

I love how the Ax quote in your sig ends with a "fuck you" towards Travis, if I recall for absolutely no reason whatsoever, Khan!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #262
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Hehe, what's not to like about it?
exactly! when i was a kid i'd be reading the liner notes to their albums and i was like...why is his name garry gary? now i just think it's awesome

Quote:
My cat is waiting for me to go to bed, but before that, why did you change your avatar to that picture, Khan?
aww i thought i'd had big hat bono long enough (at least to the point where i didn't crack up every time i saw it) so i went through my funny bono pics folder, and saw that one. thanks superthread for the pic
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #263
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I sometimes have higher alc beers like certain Belgian ones, which can be around 12%, but I mainly enjoy beer for the taste and refreshment. I drink anise flavoured liquors like absinthe and sambucca, and there are some whiskeys that I find very enjoyable.

The schnapps isn't Schlager, but something else - Schonbrunner, I think? I can't say I'm an expert on schnapps obviously, but I think it tastes nice!
I'm not really a fan of the taste of most beers. Some I think I can tolerate okay but I prefer just to do shots of something. Which earns me the nickname of "lush" even though I don't drink very often! I like wine coolers and stuff like that though. I just don't go and mix them with something else because I'll definitely get a hangover if I do that.

And on the topic of hangovers, I have found V8 (Veggie juice, or even tomato juice) is a good cure! Works for me.

It's not? Hmm. That was the closest thing I figured it to be. Most of the drunks I've ever had have been on schnapps of some sort. Minty, Cinnamony, or fruity, something like that. I have found that I quite like certain rums too.
I think I wanna try something new on my birthday though.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #264
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
thanks!
I take it drunken postings happen pretty often in this thread?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #265
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I take it drunken postings happen pretty often in this thread?
yeah. i think half the posters in this thread are possibly alcoholics or something

yesterday we had two drunk posters at once! i loved it
Old 07-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of the taste of most beers. Some I think I can tolerate okay but I prefer just to do shots of something. Which earns me the nickname of "lush" even though I don't drink very often! I like wine coolers and stuff like that though. I just don't go and mix them with something else because I'll definitely get a hangover if I do that.

And on the topic of hangovers, I have found V8 (Veggie juice, or even tomato juice) is a good cure! Works for me.

It's not? Hmm. That was the closest thing I figured it to be. Most of the drunks I've ever had have been on schnapps of some sort. Minty, Cinnamony, or fruity, something like that. I have found that I quite like certain rums too.
I think I wanna try something new on my birthday though.
When I was younger I didn't like beer much and drank wine, basically only wine... to the extent it nearly killed me a couple of times, and now I have trouble revisiting. I expect to return to it when I'm older, because I'm intruiged by its different flavours, it's just that I always get reminded of my brash 16 year old self when I drink it now (white or red, and particularly port which was the first thing I ever got drunk on, at an embarrassingly low age!).

Oh, you have V8 over there? Do they have that Citrus Kick one? I loooove that and often use it to wake me up before I go to tafe. Never thought of it as a hangover cure, but I bet it'd work to an extent.

I guess Schnapps aren't as big a thing here, you can get them of course, but the fact that I'm mentioning one imported directly from Austria must say something. I may try some more, but rarely are they available at pubs or clubs. For trying something new... uh, I've been on an absinthe kick this year, and you might want to go with that.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #267
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
yeah. i think half the posters in this thread are possibly alcoholics or something

yesterday we had two drunk posters at once! i loved it
I must have missed that part.
I've noticed that I tend to type pretty good when inebriated (from IMs) but I never really venture message boards...
Old 07-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #268
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
exactly! when i was a kid i'd be reading the liner notes to their albums and i was like...why is his name garry gary? now i just think it's awesome
The Wembley show from the early 90s was on TV tonight, and I tuned in only to see the credits, and saw Garry Gay Beers and I was like HOLY SHIT NO WAY THATS AWESOME and so yeah.

Quote:
aww i thought i'd had big hat bono long enough (at least to the point where i didn't crack up every time i saw it) so i went through my funny bono pics folder, and saw that one. thanks superthread for the pic
It's the best one yet because Bono was actually rather good looking in 1986 and he seemed cuddly too (but this is more or less where my Plebanism ends). And I like animals.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:01 PM
Albums for today/tonight:

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
The Who - Quadrophenia
Passengers - Original Soundtracks 1
Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Music for tonight:

- Fleet Foxes' Myspace.
- Some Scottish band Easy-V recommended to me (by the way he was asking about a name change, possibly towards you, Khan)
- early live U2
- Rod Stewart's Maggie May on radio. :fuckyeah:

Tags
superthread