Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #196
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I understand. I'm not too fond of public speaking either, though. I don't like to mingle with folks I don't recognize, either. Which leads to me hating going to public places (like the store or stupid shit like that) because I freak out, get nervous. Will make excuses and go hide. Maybe not in a library since the only one near here ain't within walking distance! But I'll find some corner or something!

I'm sorry that things didn't work out. But I am glad to hear that you are making progress!
I find if I need to do something, like go to the shops, I generally don't have a problem. Like the groceries, it's just got to be done. If somebody's with me, I'll naturally tend to the back and hope they do the talking to unfamiliar faces, but if it's just me, I don't even think twice about anything. But if it's an unfamiliar circumstance I can somehow avoid, then I will at all costs. I hate going to concerts by myself because as badly as I want to see the band, I know I'll spend a few hours standing around by myself feeling bored and out of place. Sometimes I've made conversation with other people and it's been good (the second U2 gig in Auckland in 2006 being a prominent example), other times I've felt too shy and wished somebody would say hi to me, which has never happened.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #197
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
Alrighty, my beloved potholes, I must sleep. I've got to pretend to be awake tomorrow to 'do things', like go to the bank and stuff. I'd send a postcard but...

Have a grand night/day/whatever it is for you where ever you are!
:zzz:
Good night Anna! Nice meeting you!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #198
The Male

Local Time: 07:51 AM
Afternoon

Now.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Ax, found a picture today that could potentially match the fat/skullet Lovetown Bono in fright, but this one is actually from three years earlier than that one and has Sting and Bryan Adams in the background (adding terror). Well worth a horrifying look.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I find if I need to do something, like go to the shops, I generally don't have a problem. Like the groceries, it's just got to be done. If somebody's with me, I'll naturally tend to the back and hope they do the talking to unfamiliar faces, but if it's just me, I don't even think twice about anything. But if it's an unfamiliar circumstance I can somehow avoid, then I will at all costs. I hate going to concerts by myself because as badly as I want to see the band, I know I'll spend a few hours standing around by myself feeling bored and out of place. Sometimes I've made conversation with other people and it's been good (the second U2 gig in Auckland in 2006 being a prominent example), other times I've felt too shy and wished somebody would say hi to me, which has never happened.
I live with my dad and his fiance, so they tend to handle that sort of thing. The only time I ever really need to go out is for personal stuff for myself. It's hard for me to do, and I feel out of place when I do it, but I will suck it up and do it eventually. I prefer it when someone goes with me but if no one does, sometimes I won't even do it, I'll put it off until either of my siblings wants to go for a walk and have them walk with me or something like that.

I have had moments where I've felt shy like that and wished someone would say hi to me. Quite often, actually.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Sup, L emel?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Afternoon
Good afternoon. How are ya?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #203
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, I understand. I'm rather surprised I've made friends at Tafe, to some extent. But the first day I was there, someone actually came up to me and said "hey, I'm new here and don't know anyone, is it okay if we can be friends?". Yeah, cold came up to me and more or less said that. Of course, I was fine with this and we had a good conversation and even went for a drink afterwards. Maybe I was just desperate or something, but you'd be surprised, I imagine this works in other cases too. And even if you just sit around in a group you're somewhat familiar with, if there's a spare chair or whatever... they wouldn't be like highschool kids, they'd be friendly (unless they're complete idiots). You can start good friendships out of the simplest things.

That was different at school, though. It was hard to have anything in common with anyone there, and I sort of wish I could fuck up time a bit and say I went to a busier school instead.

That was a seriously funny night. I'll never forget the 'sir'... just wish the time didn't fly by so quickly.
Wow, I wish somebody had come up to me like that. But I suppose I'm not the person people would do that to. I guess I'm ... well, not intimidating, but distant and nerdy and I doubt I seem like the most welcoming person. I've never been one to have a very large friendship circle anyway, usually just three or four very close friends and that's it. Right now I feel kind of weird because while there's three or four people I'll hang out with regularly, I wouldn't consider any close right now. Times like these, I miss Kate. Not as a girlfriend, but as my best friend of a good few years.

Yeah, can't believe how badly the time flew, I was stunned when it was past 11pm. We've got to do more next time you're in Melbourne, since that evening was such a good time. More drinking, too. I'm more visibly inebriated in person than I get online!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #204
The Male

I see my thread in EYKIW is doing very well. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Now.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #205
Vocal parasite

Traviud, salutations.

Quote:
Ax, found a picture today that could potentially match the fat/skullet Lovetown Bono in fright, but this one is actually from three years earlier than that one and has Sting and Bryan Adams in the background (adding terror). Well worth a horrifying look.
... oh dear. You must share, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #206
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Oh geez, I have the hiccups.
Alcohol hiccups?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #207
The Male

Quote:
Sup, L emel?
Lunch.

Quote:
Good afternoon. How are ya?
I just woke up, so I'm not entirely sure yet.

Now.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Alcohol hiccups?
Afraid so, but they're over now. And to be fair, what I'm saying tonight is all for real, I don't actually feel particularly inebriated. Just wanted to make that sure with what I said earlier.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #209
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I see my thread in EYKIW is doing very well. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Well, PFan's contribution is quality at least.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #210
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Lunch.

I just woke up, so I'm not entirely sure yet.
That's always fun! I had quite the period of time where I'd wake up 'round this time. Definitely makes the day go by quicker.
Though that was when I tended to be less normal and more nocturnal.

Tags
superthread