Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory about this sort of thing, and, it might be a tad radical, but, this is how I see it:

Different people find different things to be enjoyable. For example, some people on this forum enjoy Coldplay. Some do not. Some people like Coors Light or Miller Light, some people do not. Stay with me people.....

In the case of the beer, it could have to do with everyone having different sets of taste buds, and so what is pleasing to one person could taste like a can of piss to another. It also could revolve around what one is used to as well. If you grow up eating lox and continue to eat lox as an adult, that could explain why you like lox, whereas someone that tries lox for the first time at age 27, with a fully formed palate, might puke upon smelling the lox, let alone tasting it. Same with the music....one person could find true joy in, let's say, Bluegrass, while another might favor Death Metal.

So, to sum up, my theory is that everyone has different tastes, be it due to genetics, physiology, habit, nature, nurture, etc.....and that is a good thing, it keeps us from being sad little clones of one another.

:shrug:

That's a fair idea. I had lox, eggs, and onions for breakfast today, by the way.

I posted in the epic EYKIW thread, I might've missed the point though.

I also got Doolittle by Pixies. Anyone have thoughts on that album?
pfan, you have just Won. Congrats. Doolittle = Top 5 albums (American division) of all time. Debaser is one of my all time favorite songs - FYI - it's based on the Salvador Dali film Un Chien Andalou which shows eyeballs being sliced up, but that's not important right now. What is important is the album. Listen. Learn. Start a band in homage to the Pixies. And never forget: Kim Deal is superior to most people.

Morning folks. :wave:

What the hell is with this place dying through the Aussie morning while I do a little snoring? (Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.)

I have a theory about this sort of thing, and, it might be a tad radical, but, this is how I see it:

Different people find different things to be enjoyable. For example, some people on this forum enjoy Coldplay. Some do not. Some people like Coors Light or Miller Light, some people do not. Stay with me people.....

In the case of the beer, it could have to do with everyone having different sets of taste buds, and so what is pleasing to one person could taste like a can of piss to another. It also could revolve around what one is used to as well. If you grow up eating lox and continue to eat lox as an adult, that could explain why you like lox, whereas someone that tries lox for the first time at age 27, with a fully formed palate, might puke upon smelling the lox, let alone tasting it. Same with the music....one person could find true joy in, let's say, Bluegrass, while another might favor Death Metal.

So, to sum up, my theory is that everyone has different tastes, be it due to genetics, physiology, habit, nature, nurture, etc.....and that is a good thing, it keeps us from being sad little clones of one another.

:shrug:

It'll never catch on.... :tsk:

:lol: no, i decided to carry like ~50 pounds of magazines in a bag tonight. i was cleaning out my desk. it was heeeeeeavy!

Let me guess, evenly divided between 25 pounds of Tim Finn Weekly and 25 pounds of Duran Duran Uber-fanatic Bulletin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom