Little George Coc'nuts, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*yoink* I'll be iconing that!

How's this? I don't think you've iconned an XTrapolis yet.

s640x480

Actually, this is probably a better XTrap picture.

s640x480

:keeps kicking thread towards 1,000:

You say this like I would know a specific subject to suggest. :wink:
SIGH.

well, is there something about the universe you don't understand? And don't get philosophical. Or smart-assed.

SIGH.

well, is there something about the universe you don't understand? And don't get philosophical. Or smart-assed.

I can't get philosophical OR smartarsed? Damn, I'm fucked then! :lol:

No, seriously, last night you mentioned black holes and wormholes. I, uh, always thought wormholes were a sci-fi fiction thing.

If I ever get a chance in my life, I wanna go to Summerfest in Milwaukee. Jesus Christ, EIGHT days of concert :faint:

I can't get philosophical OR smartarsed? Damn, I'm fucked then! :lol:

No, seriously, last night you mentioned black holes and wormholes. I, uh, always thought wormholes were a sci-fi fiction thing.
Well, they are probable, that's not to say they're necessarily currently possible. The amount of energy needed to create a wormhole, to bend the fabric of space-time and actually open it up, is more energy than can currently be created on Earth. Interestingly, though a black hole cannot itself be a wormhole, in the solution for Einstein's equations for a black hole, there is the probability of a sturcture referred to as an Einstein-Rosen bridge, fancy name for a wormhole. Wormholes could not exist without black holes. they're interestingly similar.

When you looove so looong
That the thriiill is gooone
And your kisses at niiiight
Are replaced with teaaars

And when your dreams are ooon
A train to trainwreck tooown
Then I ask you nooow,
What's a girl to dooo?

I :love: this song right now.

Well, they are probable, that's not to say they're necessarily currently possible. The amount of energy needed to create a wormhole, to bend the fabric of space-time and actually open it up, is more energy than can currently be created on Earth. Interestingly, though a black hole cannot itself be a wormhole, in the solution for Einstein's equations for a black hole, there is the probability of a sturcture referred to as an Einstein-Rosen bridge, fancy name for a wormhole. Wormholes could not exist without black holes. they're interestingly similar.

:gazes at the unfamiliar terminology:

Open the fabric of space-time, you say? So, if one had the energy to create a wormhole, what could one then ... do?

Funny, I was reading the Lost thread in....whatever the TV and movies forum is here....and saw discussion about wormholes being a theory for the island.

I was fascinated.

Hey Daniel! :wave:

It might work.

"I'm currently looking at a picture of an Air New Zealand 747. It's side on, showing the right side. Uh, you can see blue sky and a bit of cloud."

I'm currently looking at a picture of steam locomotive R 761 with a rake of passenger carriages pulling into the passing loop at Benalla. It would be a great photo, as you can see the whole train nicely and there are no gunzels in the way, but it was taken from the wrong side on a sunny day, so the carriage sides are somewhat obscured by shade.

:gazes at the unfamiliar terminology:

Open the fabric of space-time, you say? So, if one had the energy to create a wormhole, what could one then ... do?
You could travel through time. You could zip from one end of the universe to another in the blink of an eye. Interstellar travel would become as commonplace as interstate travel. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom