Little George Coc'nuts, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. It's been pretty ugly elsewhere, but nothing like the weekend.

The media (or National Radio, at least) seem to be happy to say it's not as bad as expected.

Although I'm trying to check out what the Metservice has to say about it...

Oooooooooook.

I just checked Stuff.co.nz and it didn't seem too dramatic - and Levin, just north of where I grew up, is without power!

We had a severe thunderstorm roll by just north of us today... heard a few rumbles and could see the beautiul cloud formatons... but thankfully it was far enough away that I didn't get too freaked out.

Axver how was univversetiy/?

Not sure lol

We had a severe thunderstorm roll by just north of us today... heard a few rumbles and could see the beautiul cloud formatons... but thankfully it was far enough away that I didn't get too freaked out.

Axver how was univversetiy/?

University was alright. Just bland introductory lectures yesterday, but they indicate that I made good course choices.

Well, here's a comparison. My current ADSL is 512k up/128k down. The ADSL2+ that I would switch to is 24796k up/1506k down or something similar to that.

Oh wow. That sounds really fuckin' awesome. :up:
We need that kinda stuff here! Actually, we'd be lucky to get the first one. :rolleyes:

Can be a mixed bag of both. Mostly, well recently its been more rain and wind. From the few storms I've seen this year.

And storms here tend to mean summer. Especially thunder and lightning storms.

Particularly true in Queensland, where a storm in winter would be really fucking bizarre since winter is the dry season.

Internode or not, A Telstra contractor still has to do the "enabling". I'm pretty certain.

Internode have been installing their own DSLAMs in exchanges. I think for ADSL2+, any connection from them comes via their own DSLAM since Telstra weren't co-operating with their roll-out.

I feel as though I've eaten everything within a five-mile radius of my desk...and I'm still hungry!

Feed me, Axver! I demand muffins.

I know that, in the fall.. I get excited about storms because we're pretty well past the threat of thunderstorms.. then we get these great wind and rain storms through that I love. Especially the end of September and into October, when the tides are the highest. I could honestly sit for hours watching the fury of the bay in a storm.

I feel as though I've eaten everything within a five-mile radius of my desk...and I'm still hungry!

Feed me, Axver! I demand muffins.

I'm still waiting for my lunch to make itself! No food for anybody else until that happens! :madspit:

i am on hold, you are further back in the queue, this is telstra. :love:

:tsk: don't be cynical, dan! "they appreciate your call. a telstra service official will be with you shortly, but are unable to speak right now due to an UNEXPECTEDLY high number of calls currently in the queue. they THANK you for your time and patience"

:kill:

I know that, in the fall.. I get excited about storms because we're pretty well past the threat of thunderstorms.. then we get these great wind and rain storms through that I love. Especially the end of September and into October, when the tides are the highest. I could honestly sit for hours watching the fury of the bay in a storm.

I lived in Queensland so long that I have a hard time imagining a storm as anything other than a thunder and lightning one. Queensland weather truly is that repetitive and mundane. It's either brilliantly sunny or it's thundering up a storm. God, that pun sucked.

:tsk: don't be cynical, dan! "they appreciate your call. a telstra service official will be with you shortly, but are unable to speak right now due to an UNEXPECTEDLY high number of calls currently in the queue. they THANK you for your time and patience"

Just one call of complaint is an UNEXPECTEDLY high number for them. SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND BE HAPPY WITH YOUR (LACK OF) SERVICE!

Who said i was being cynical!?

Its alright, they are coming to fix my phone line thats just died, and will be here in 1-6 weeks, and I have to be home between the hours of 9am - 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom