Little George Coc'nuts, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heheh, I don't know how you live with dial up.

I did once however, download a U2 VCD from the Final Elevation Tour concert that was 2 Cd's of 700mb each.

I have broadband, but rarely go on youtube either. I'm either downloading music/movies or on interference!
The answer's simple: Dial up or nothing. :wink:

It is such a pain in the arse though. It only stays connected for up to 6 hours at a time. Provided a call doesn't come in. :|

I'm still trying to figure out how I survived back in the days of dialup ...

broadband = :up:

until you go to someone else's house and they have a faster computer and then :grumpy:

:lol:

Thats pretty much what happened to me, when we went to America for the U2 gigs in '05....there was free super fucking fast internet in our hotel rooms.....As soon as I got home back to our home dial up, I couldn't deal. ...so within a month we had broadband!

:lol:

Thats pretty much what happened to me, when we went to America for the U2 gigs in '05....there was free super fucking fast internet in our hotel rooms.....As soon as I got home back to our home dial up, I couldn't deal. ...so within a month we had broadband!

:laugh: Since I had no laptop, I couldn't take advantage of that at my hotel in Boston. Five days without the Internet! Probably the longest I've spent away from it in the last five years, heh.

:laugh: Since I had no laptop, I couldn't take advantage of that at my hotel in Boston. Five days without the Internet! Probably the longest I've spent away from it in the last five years, heh.

:lol: It was so handy having the laptop. I think the only hotel we didn't have internet in..was the Holiday Inn in Los Angeles when we first arrived...but after that we had it everywhere....so much fun, downloading the show that I'd just been too the night before.

Oh how I'd love to do it all again!

I'm trying to figure out how I survived on 5 hours a month!, I remember I kept going over, so Dad upped it on 20 hours...and then unlimited :lol:

I remember I had a 350MB download limit, which was very limiting! In the school holidays, Mum let me shoot past it since it was cheaper than going to the movies. :laugh:

I never got internet until early on in 2006. Laaame. I bet we still have the same options now as we did then.
And yes, I had dial up then, too. :|

Hahahaha.

I'd love to see how much you could download if you pushed that to the max!

Probably about 100MB, if you were lucky.

But once we got on unlimited, From memory I could download about 20MB per hour on 56k.....so back in the days of U2bloodredsky.com (do ya remember that site?)....I could probably download 2 Shows overnight....It worked quite well waking up with 2 new U2 Bootlegs. Then of course it took 2 weeks to get the Miami VCD!

But once we got on unlimited, From memory I could download about 20MB per hour on 56k.....so back in the days of U2bloodredsky.com (do ya remember that site?)....I could probably download 2 Shows overnight....It worked quite well waking up with 2 new U2 Bootlegs. Then of course it took 2 weeks to get the Miami VCD!

Wtf, I can barely download a song in an hour.

:laugh: I don't think I could've tolerated downloading a whole VCD.

Does U2bloodredsky still even exist?

I never got internet until early on in 2006. Laaame. I bet we still have the same options now as we did then.
And yes, I had dial up then, too. :|

Lame. I did dialup from either May or June 2002 to either December 2003 or January 2004. DSL since, with little change to my speed or anything.

:laugh: I don't think I could've tolerated downloading a whole VCD.

Does U2bloodredsky still even exist?

I could only just tolerate it. And when I got it, the audio got out of sync which was such a bitch!

Bloodredsky i think still exists as a U2 Hub on the DC++ program thingy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom